We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362632 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2012, 11:37:12 am »
I made you project admin, please see if you can checkout the code.

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2012, 12:34:41 pm »
That worked, thanks! (How's that for fine grained permissions? :)
The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline stevekcameron

« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2012, 03:40:57 pm »
So 31 is added as the keypad address.  However, I still get a "connection down" message.

I have gone back to the ad2usb via Putty and verified its connecting.  The serial connections is set at 115200.  I was getting a "missing port" error before, and that corrected it. 

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Offline stevekcameron

« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2012, 05:12:19 pm »
I have no idea what changed.. but suddenly the tech Gods have shined down on me and its working.. now I can start messing with all the cool stuff you guys are doing!!

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2012, 08:09:59 pm »
@mcvflorin,

The code to handle the "!REL", "!EXP", and "!RFX" messages has been checked into trunk. Users just have to enter the zone address/channel (for REL, EXP) or serial no / loop (for RFX) into the cheat sheet, and the plugin will then trigger faults / clears using the "!" messages for those zones. For any zones without entered serial numbers, addresses, etc., the behavior is unchanged from the previous implementation (i.e. "*" to scroll through faults, and TTL for zone clear)

I actually didn't alter the TTL behavior at all, even for zones with serial numbers / addresses. So, if for some reason, the zone is not cleared by RFX, REL, etc., the TTL will clear the zone.

Also, my code doesn't verify that any entered RFX devices are assigned to zones in the panel, so the potential is there for Vera to use RF devices that aren't configured in the panel. (Want to know if your neighbors are home? Just configure their device serial numbers as a virtual zone in your Vera :)

Here are some possible issues:

1. With RFX fault and clear messages, a motion detector zone is typically only in the faulted state for a few seconds. This contrasts with the the TTL clear method, where the zone could be faulted for many minutes at a time. If this causes problems for the users, it may make sense to add an configuration option for "TTL clear only" which would configure the plugin to ignore REL, EXP, and RFX zone clear messages.

2. I still don't know if it's a good idea to leave TTL "enabled" for zones that will be also cleared directly by the REL, EXP, and RFX messages. My testing hasn't shown this to be a problem, but we'll see how it works for everyone else.

Also, if you haven't already seen it, there's a good guide on the NuTech site for configuring virtual REL devices that are triggered by any on-board hard wired zones. (Zones 1-8) As the zones are on the same board as the panel CPU, the AD2USB device can't "sniff" for events unless they are configured to send REL messages.

http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&id=656&catid=4#656

Let me know if you see any problems,

Hugh

The HA "collection" so far: MiCasaVerde: 1x VeraLite, RTCOA: 3x 3M-50, GE: 1x 45606, 3x 45613, 5x 54614, Kwikset: 1x 99100-004, Intermatic: 6x CA3000, 6x CA600, 8x HA01, 2x HA02, 12x HA03, 2x HA04, 3x HA05,  6x HA07, 7x HA09, Honeywell: 1x Vista 20P, NuTech: 1x AD2USB

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2012, 05:14:13 pm »
@hugheaves,

Any chance this is compatible with UI4?

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »
@hugheaves,

Any chance this is compatible with UI4?

I'm almost certain that this will be compatible with UI4. The changes are in the "common code" that's used by both UI4 and UI5, and are written in a fairly generic way. That said, I don't actually have a UI4 device on which to test, so I won't know for sure until someone with access to UI4 has chance to try things out.

And of course, it's obviously up to @mcvflorin to decide what code and features go into the official releases. The whole thing has to "pass muster" first. :)

Hugh

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2012, 08:49:55 am »
I really need to make a version compatible with both UI4 and UI5...

Until then, the changes from the trunk files must be added to the files in branches/UI4.

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »
Hi,

First off, THANK YOU for this plugin.  What a lifesaver.  :)

One issue I am having and can't figure out.  I've read at least 3/4s of this thread and not seeing a solution.

I have a zone called Slider.  I set up a scene, whenever slider is faulted, the back porch light is triggered and it sends a notification to my email.  I set a notification in the actual slider zone. 

What happens:

Slider is opened, back porch light comes on, I get a notification.

Great!

Except...

I close the slider.

I try to turn the back porch light off, it turns back on instantly.  I wait 2 minutes.  Try again.  I wait 5 minutes, try again.

The only way I can get my back porch light to stay off is by disabling the scene that turns it on when the slider sensor is faulted.

It's like the system still thinks my slider door is open....even though my alarm shows a ready state, so....it knows the zone is no longer faulted...

Hmmm?  Ideas?

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2012, 03:15:27 pm »
I really need to make a version compatible with both UI4 and UI5...

Until then, the changes from the trunk files must be added to the files in branches/UI4.

Ah, I missed the UI4 branch... I've checked in the files there as well. (there was only a one line difference between the existing UI4 and UI5 versions due to the different module() mechanism).

However, I just realized that one of the "minor" changes I made in the trunk version adds a requirement for the "bit" library [ i.e. require ("bit") ] which I use to help decode the !RFX messages. On UI5, this loads the nixio.bit native library, but not having access to a UI4 box to test on, I don't know if this library is available on UI4.

If there is no "bit" library on UI4, let me know, and I'll rewrite the code without that dependency.

Hugh

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2012, 04:29:13 pm »
@hughheaves

I have a Vera2 running UI4 and I uploaded your two new files but I keep getting a "Startup Lua Failed" error. I grabbed them from Branches/UI4...

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »
Hi,

First off, THANK YOU for this plugin.  What a lifesaver.  :)

One issue I am having and can't figure out.  I've read at least 3/4s of this thread and not seeing a solution.

I have a zone called Slider.  I set up a scene, whenever slider is faulted, the back porch light is triggered and it sends a notification to my email.  I set a notification in the actual slider zone. 

What happens:

Slider is opened, back porch light comes on, I get a notification.

Great!

Except...

I close the slider.

I try to turn the back porch light off, it turns back on instantly.  I wait 2 minutes.  Try again.  I wait 5 minutes, try again.

The only way I can get my back porch light to stay off is by disabling the scene that turns it on when the slider sensor is faulted.

It's like the system still thinks my slider door is open....even though my alarm shows a ready state, so....it knows the zone is no longer faulted...

Hmmm?  Ideas?

Some additional information:

The Slider Zone tile still has a red guy on it.  All my zones that have been trpiped since installing this are red and not resetting back to normal.  I also noticed that under all of the tripped ones, under the advanced tab, there is this:

Variables
Armed   1
Tripped   1
LastTrip   random number (assuming its a time stamp)

and the ones that have not been tripped yet, don't have a lasttrip setting and

Variables
Armed   1
Tripped   0

My alarm system recognizes these zones as no longer being faulted and displays a ready state in my UI4 tile for the alarm partition....so....it would appear that it's not resetting the zones once they are tripped.  How do I fix this?

I've also noticed that it's not reporting the zone thats faulted.  It's only saying Ready or NotReady.  I have tried to store the PIN, but that doesn't seem to help.  The PIN works when I Arm, Disarm, Stay etc the alarm...so....it's not storing the PIN or its not using it to retrieving the zone that is at fault?

EDIT:  Zones are resetting now.  For some reason the TTL was set to 1200000, lol....

I am still not able to get it to show the faulted zone when its in a NotReady state.  When you store the PIN, is there any indicator that it is actually storing the PIN successfully?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:01:18 pm by Thinkfire »

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:55 pm »
I've created several test scenes for zones to trigger another event (outdoor lighting when a door is opened).

I also setup notifications so that I could see if it was triggering.

I got things working properly so I decided to remove the notifications.

Saved.

Notification was back in there again.  This time twice.

Deleted.

Saved.

Back in there 3 times.

Deleted.

Saved.

Back in there 4 times.

So I decided to also delete the scenes that was testing to see if that would help.

Deleted the scene.

Saved.

Now the scene is back in there twice.

Deleted the scene.

Saved.

Now the scene is back 3 times.

I deleted the other test scene I had setup.

Same thing.  Keeps replicating.

HALP!  I got many copies of scenes and notifications.  And they are all related/linked to the zones in some form or shape.  I don't know how to get rid of them.

EDIT:  ACK!  Every time I click to save a change (even on stuff totally different) it creates another instance of those 2 scenes.  I have like 13 duplicates of 2 different scenes now.  I can't work on anything unless I want more duplicates to pop up.  *facepalm*

Getting 42 text messages everytime someone opens that slider.....agggghhhhhhH!!!!!!  lol

EDIT:  The only way to fix it was to delete the entire partition and alarm panel module.  Ill have to re-add everything and see how it goes this time.

EDIT:

I added the alarm panel back and all those dang scenes came back....ugh, I am so stuck....now they won't even go away after deleting the alarm panel again.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:51:54 pm by Thinkfire »

Offline hugheaves

« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2012, 10:55:08 pm »
I have a Vera2 running UI4 and I uploaded your two new files but I keep getting a "Startup Lua Failed" error. I grabbed them from Branches/UI4...

@shep29, thanks for trying it out. I believe I've fixed the issue (when merging my UI5 changes into the UI4 branch, I accidentally copied the UI5 init function name). If you have a minute, download it and give it a try.

@mcvflorin, Does MCV have any Internet accessible UI4 devices that I could use for testing UI4 code? I haven't been around long enough to aquire a collection of Vera's (yet) like most of the other developers. :) If I had SSH access, it wouldn't even need an AD2USB as I could just redirect ser2net over an SSH TCP tunnel back to the one I have here.

Hugh

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2012, 07:18:33 am »
@hugheaves  Downloaded (although there was no option for downloading as a zip file) and seemed to install OK. Version now says 2.45. Can't open Cheat Sheet tab though. Says "Opening Cheat Sheet..." Normally, I would have to click on the Cheat Sheet tab twice to get it to open but that's not working anymore.