We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362815 times)

Offline papaworx

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB: capturing a message
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »
Can I capture e.g. a motion detector tripp event, when the partition is not armed, eg. for turning on a light?

Offline triangledave

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2012, 07:41:21 pm »
Though I am not yet there, from other info about the alarm panel--vera connection, it sounds like the alarm sensors are available to vera as a z-wave sensor available in both armed and unarmed state.  I believe your answer is yes and I hope to get my set up to that level of operation.

Offline papaworx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:51 am »
Thanks, I figured it out:
1. Create a Scene, e.g. "HallMotion"
2. In this scene create a Trigger e.g. "HallWalker"; Device dropdoewn: 'Hall Motion etc.'; Event: 'a sensor is tripped'; and then 'Device is tripped'
3. immediate: turn on Hallway light,
4. at 2 minutes: turn off hallway light,
5. at 3 minutes: turn off halway light (just to be sure).

Offline triangledave

« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »
Papaworx,

Do you have a fully functional connection between a Vista panel and your Vera?  If so, would you be willing to walk through your settings?  I am still trying to figure out why the sensors are not active on Vera when I know I have connectivity between Vera and my Vista 20p.

David

Offline papaworx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »
Firstly, I have to retract the above statement. It worked the first time, but not the second. I had to manually reset the trip flag, before it worked again. I am now experimenting with SmartSwitch.

Now to triangledave's question: after getting Vera talking with AD2USB, which in turn talked with my Vista 20p panel, I opened the 'Ademco Vista Alarm Panel' box in my UI5 window. I selected 'Cheat Sheet' and added all the zones of my alarmsystem together with meaningful names. Fortunately, the original installer had recorded them in a list on the inside of the alarm panel lid. For example, the motion detector in the hallway now appears as 'Front Hall Motion'.

But the SmartSwitch doesn't function consistently. Again, once the motion detector flag is tripped, it doesn't set itself back.

Offline triangledave

« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2012, 12:34:52 am »
A little bit more info.  I was able to ssh to Vera and was saw this line when I opened a sensor for the Vista 20p:

06   12/01/12 21:27:35.216   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 33 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2 variable: DetailedArmMode was: Ready now: NotReady #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0x888190/NONE duplicate:0

I've added the zones/devices on the cheat sheet according to zone #.  The window/door sensor above that was tripped was alarm zone 13, and was added in the cheat sheet as zone 13.  However, the status of the sensor did not change in Vera.  The status of the alarm did change in Vera (which looks like the log line above). 

Any ideas why is says ServiceID: AlarmPartition2?  I only have one partition active as far as I know.

Device 33 is the alarm panel's ID on vera.

Any further thoughts on what step I've missed?

Offline papaworx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #531 on: December 02, 2012, 08:02:53 am »
In Alarm Panel... under the Advanced tag it should say: NumPartitions ... 1

Offline triangledave

« Reply #532 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:48 am »
I did set it at 1 partition.  However, previously I set it at 2 partitions because I was a little unsure of the setting and the Vista 20p does have 2 partitions--I was not sure if it was "active" as described in the set up.

What I think I might do is delete the whole thing on Vera and start over to see if that helps.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #533 on: December 02, 2012, 11:49:50 am »
I did set it at 1 partition.  However, previously I set it at 2 partitions because I was a little unsure of the setting and the Vista 20p does have 2 partitions--I was not sure if it was "active" as described in the set up.

What I think I might do is delete the whole thing on Vera and start over to see if that helps.

did you configure the ad2usb with your pc first giving it the correct address?

Offline triangledave

« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2012, 01:25:16 pm »
SteveZ,

No, I did not.  I did not see that step on any of the set up links.  Do you have info on that?  I am assuming that I plug the ad2usb into the computer via USB, somehow log into the device and configure it to be keypad #17.  This makes sense because you have to address a keypad at the keypad.  However, I just went over the set up links and there is no mention of configuring the ad2usb.

Offline SteveZ

« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2012, 01:54:59 pm »
go to http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=showcat&catid=4 and follow the instructions to install the ad2usbgui software, once your in that there is a area to change the address.

Offline triangledave

« Reply #536 on: December 03, 2012, 12:10:46 am »
Pretty much there, noob error.  After working through the steps in the link from SteveZ, there was a notation on one of the steps that the AD2USB comes with keypad 18 as default.  Small lightbulb went off--I was trying to have my set up use id 17, my next available keypad. When I was to the end of the steps to control the panel via my computer, I realized that I probably did not need to do that, but that my issue was probably with the keypad activation on the panel itself.  I went back to my panel keypad and entered #191 and saw that the keypad ID was not active.  I entered
*191  and then entered 11 and got three chimes--keypad active--success!!  I can arm and disarm my system using vera, AND I can see the status of the alarm panel sensors!! 

At first I noticed that the alarm zone did not appear to reset on Vera.  My zone 13 (the window sensor I've been working with), still shows as tripped even though the window is closed and the panel (both on Vera and at the physical keypad) show Disarmed Ready to Arm.  This sounds a little bit like what papaworx was running into.  I went back to the code.mios instructions and found the TTL setting.  For some reason my TTL was set to 1200.  I changed the setting to 15 and saved.  I tripped the sensor again and then closed it.  After a short pause, the sensor icon on vera showed as untripped.  I might play around with a shorter TTL, but for now I am happy the whole system works.

Also,  if this is the correct place, it might help future noobs if the Installation and set up section on http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_vista-alarm-panel-ad2usb  stated that the default address for the AD2USB is 18 for Vista 20p and that keypad id 18 must be enabled.  It states it on the page, but clearer language might help clarify.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: December 03, 2012, 12:43:36 pm »
The sensor's tripped state will reset after TTL seconds have passed without the panel reporting the sensor as faulted. The default is 1200 seconds (20 minutes), which is the same as the default time period after which the Z-Wave motion sensors report that they are not tripped anymore. Another reason for this value is to reduce the number of notifications. In areas with a lot of motion, if the TTL is 15 seconds, there could be 1 notification every 15 seconds.

Offline triangledave

« Reply #538 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »
Thanks for the info,  I'll remember that for any motion sensors I install.  With the door and window sensors, the volume of notifications is low except for possibly the front door.  I'll probably keep playing with the TTL on the other sensors so that they can be used for other functions beyond the alarm.

Any idea where the tipping point is for bogging down the system? 

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2012, 11:35:16 am »
Any idea where the tipping point is for bogging down the system?
Probably pretty high, but this depends on how comfortable you are with receiving many e-mails :).