We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 362731 times)

Offline GroundLoop

Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #540 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:09 am »
Thanks mcvflorin.  That might explain the same issue I had.. the hardwired zone sensors (magnetic) will trip instantly and Notify, but then take a long time to notify on the clear/untriggered state.

I have to say I really like this AD2USB solution -- it's like getting a whole batch of hardwired reliable sensors for one price. :)

Is there any way to have it store the PIN number in non-volatile memory?  It seems to forget the PIN number any time Vera is rebooted, and the it can't arm/disarm the panel.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #541 on: December 12, 2012, 05:37:45 am »
Is there any way to have it store the PIN number in non-volatile memory?  It seems to forget the PIN number any time Vera is rebooted, and the it can't arm/disarm the panel.

I didn't implement this for security reasons. On the real panel one must enter the PIN code for every command, the fact that you must enter the PIN code after every Vera reboot is less of a hassle than that.

Offline GroundLoop

« Reply #542 on: December 13, 2012, 02:31:53 am »
Understood.  I'm sure this will be fine and good in the long run..  but during the initial roll-out and installations, I'm power cycling the Vera (battery-powered includes) more than I'd like.  If I forget to enter the PIN, then the alarm controls don't work.

Is the concern that the config files get backed up to MCV/MiOS off-site, where they would be readable?

If there was an option to "Warn on No PIN", I'd select it.   This could pop up a warning message in status or something visible from dash. This way the dashboard would show that the AD2USB plug-in is not yet equipped with the PIN.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: December 13, 2012, 08:51:37 am »
There is an error message shown in the status box at the top, which says Missing PIN code, or something like that. The PIN codes are stored in a temporary file, which is not uploaded on our server, and it's removed when Vera reboots.

Offline Latz

« Reply #544 on: December 15, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
There is an error message shown in the status box at the top, which says Missing PIN code, or something like that. The PIN codes are stored in a temporary file, which is not uploaded on our server, and it's removed when Vera reboots.

Thanks for the fantastic App!!! 

Just wanted to ask if you'd be willing to let us decided if we want Vera to forget the code on reboot, an option box or something?  I ask because I want to use my Ademco alarm system sensors to trigger events in the Vera but unfortunately, my scenes keep breaking when Vera reboots.

I don't use the Ademco alarm for burglar detection as I have a different one that uses different sensors which isn't compatible with Vera.  As the old Ademco is already working and in place in my outbuildings, it would be fantastic to get some use out of it!

If you're completely against the option of allowing the user to decide (which I can understand), is there code I can use to do this task? Perhaps I can setup a scene to run the code after the Vera has rebooted.

Appreciate your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:55:16 pm by Latz »

Offline rdbrose

« Reply #545 on: December 17, 2012, 10:40:00 am »
I moved moved this posting from a different area and clarified it. Hopefully I've submitted it to the right place.

I have an Ademco Vista-20P attached to a UI5 Vera3 via a AD2USB adapter. I believe that I have the latest updates installed and everything appears to be working fine unless I generate an alarm condition.

When the Vera3 is not connected to the AD2USB I can, from the keypad, disarm the alarm with the first entry and can remove the alarm code with the second entry and the 20P returns to the ready state.

When the Vera3 is connected to the AD2USB I can, from the keypad and my PC, arm and disarm the system fine as long as an alarm is not generated. The 20P returns to the ready state and the usb light on the Vera3 continues to blink. When an alarm condition is generated I can disarm the alarm with the first disarm entry and the Vera3 usb light continues to blink. However, when I enter the second disarm entry the alarm code is not cleared, the 20P does not return to the ready state and the Vera3 usb light stops blinking. Additional disarm entries have no effect and I need to power cycle the 20P and the Vera3 in order to recover.

I would appreciate your thoughts/ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Offline Latz

« Reply #546 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:18 pm »
I moved moved this posting from a different area and clarified it. Hopefully I've submitted it to the right place.

I have an Ademco Vista-20P attached to a UI5 Vera3 via a AD2USB adapter. I believe that I have the latest updates installed and everything appears to be working fine unless I generate an alarm condition.

When the Vera3 is not connected to the AD2USB I can, from the keypad, disarm the alarm with the first entry and can remove the alarm code with the second entry and the 20P returns to the ready state.

When the Vera3 is connected to the AD2USB I can, from the keypad and my PC, arm and disarm the system fine as long as an alarm is not generated. The 20P returns to the ready state and the usb light on the Vera3 continues to blink. When an alarm condition is generated I can disarm the alarm with the first disarm entry and the Vera3 usb light continues to blink. However, when I enter the second disarm entry the alarm code is not cleared, the 20P does not return to the ready state and the Vera3 usb light stops blinking. Additional disarm entries have no effect and I need to power cycle the 20P and the Vera3 in order to recover.

I would appreciate your thoughts/ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Not saying this will resolve the problem but can you just quickly confirm you've authorized keypad address 18 on the 20p?  Also, can you confirm there are no other keypads set to address 18?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:16 am »
Perhaps I can setup a scene to run the code after the Vera has rebooted.

You can put the StorePinCode action in Startup Lua:
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", "1234", PARTITION_DEVICE_#)

e.g. If the partition 1 device number is 23, the code would look like this:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", "1234", 23)

Or you can create a scene and select the StorePinCode action from the Advanced tab of the scene (after you picked the Partition device).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:20:07 am by mcvflorin »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #548 on: December 20, 2012, 06:55:09 am »
@rdbrose
When you disarm, do you put the PIN code in the PIN code input box?

Offline Latz

« Reply #549 on: December 21, 2012, 03:06:33 am »
Perhaps I can setup a scene to run the code after the Vera has rebooted.

You can put the StorePinCode action in Startup Lua:
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", "1234", PARTITION_DEVICE_#)

Or you can create a scene and select the StorePinCode action from the Advanced tab of the scene (after you picked the Partition device).

Much appreciated!  Thanks  :)

Offline Latz

« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2012, 03:43:56 pm »
@mcvflorin I've tried a few different ways to get this working but I keep getting the error in lua for scenes and events message so I know I've missed something!

Here's how mine looks:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPartition:2", "StorePinCode", "1234", PARTITION_DEVICE_#)
The obvious exception is that I have changed the 1234 pin code to my own and I have referenced my Ademco partition device VistaAlarmPartition:2 instead of VistaAlarmPanel1 as per your code.

Checking the logs I get:

50   12/22/12 13:42:09.428   luup_log:20: (VistaAlarmPanel::getCheckConnectionDelay) Check connection delay = 180. <0x2babb680>
50   12/22/12 13:42:09.428   luup_log:20: (VistaAlarmPanel::main) SUCCESS: Startup successful. <0x2babb680>
50   12/22/12 13:42:09.436   luup_log:20: (VistaAlarmPanel::processIncoming) ERROR: Invalid message. <0x2e8e8680>
01   12/22/12 13:42:09.551   luup_require can't find veraUserTemplateDefinitions <0x2babb680>
50   12/22/12 13:42:09.554   luup_log:32: VeraAlert:32:Msg::Vera Startup  <0x2babb680>
50   12/22/12 13:42:10.757   luup_log:32: VeraAlert:32:SendAlert:Return:200 <0x2babb680>
01   12/22/12 13:42:10.788   luup_require can't find lpeg <0x2babb680>

I suspect I've not entered the partition number and that's causing the problem but when I enter 1, it says the same thing.

Any ideas?   :)

Offline GroundLoop

« Reply #551 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »
This is probably a really dumb question, but where is "Startup Lua", as in:
"You can put the StorePinCode action in Startup Lua:"

I've looked everywhere for somewhere to put code for Vera to run at startup (set globals, do things like this).  Something to run once at system startup, and never again.

Where is the right place to add these?  I don't see anything called "Startup Lua" in the UI, but I could be missing it.
Thanks!

EDIT:
Doh.  Found it.

It's under Apps->Develop Apps->Edit Startup Lua
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:56:57 pm by GroundLoop »

Offline Latz

« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:58 pm »
Doh.  Found it.

Glad you found it!  Did you manage to add the code and get it to work?  Mine still won't work  :(

Offline gelert

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #553 on: December 30, 2012, 02:22:26 am »
Doh.  Found it.

Glad you found it!  Did you manage to add the code and get it to work?  Mine still won't work  :(

I imagine the storepincode function only applies to VistaAlarmPanel1, so change that back to what MCVFlorin had

Offline Latz

« Reply #554 on: December 30, 2012, 07:15:18 pm »
I imagine the storepincode function only applies to VistaAlarmPanel1, so change that back to what MCVFlorin had

@gelert still didn't work  :( I tried this:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", "1234", PARTITION_DEVICE_1)
...I changed the # on the end of  PARTITION_DEVICE_ to 1 (which is my partition number, I tried 3 as well which is common partition) but it didn't work.  I don't get any errors like I did before but it still says I need to enter the pin code before it can perform any functions.

So then I tried:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:VistaAlarmPanel1", "StorePinCode", "1234", vista_partition_1)
...I changed the PARTITION_DEVICE_# to vista_partition_1 which is the altid for the alarm panel on the Vera.  I don't get any errors like I did before but it still says I need to enter the pin code before it can perform any functions.

Still not working - appreciate any other ideas for things I can try!