We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: scene  (Read 1949 times)

Offline waterfish88

scene
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:07:16 pm »
sorry, i am new to this... the question is: i have a zwave appliance module with a fan plugged in.  i dont want this fan to be on at night cause we sometimes forget to turn it off.  so i have this on/off module plugged into it.  i would like the fan to be ON during the hours of 8AM-9PM.  how do i set the scene for  this?

Offline Intrepid

Re: scene
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »

Create a new scene. 

In the 'timer' tab, pick 'day of week'  select every day you want the scene to run.  Then pick the time of day for it to turn on (20:00:00). 

In the 'commands' tab, find your fan switch and set it to turn ON.  You can further select 'and after 1 hour turn off'.  Or you could make a similar 'off' scene for the 21:00:00 time.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:52:01 pm »
I'd suggest making 2 separate scenes with a timer, 1 for on, 1 for off.

If you use 1 scene and have a long timer to do something later, there's a chance that the engine could be restarted (via crash, power outage, etc) and "miss" time to send the off command.

Also, the timers are either 10 or 24 hours, 13 hours isn't an option.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
I'd suggest making 2 separate scenes with a timer, 1 for on, 1 for off.

If you use 1 scene and have a long timer to do something later, there's a chance that the engine could be restarted (via crash, power outage, etc) and "miss" time to send the off command.

Also, the timers are either 10 or 24 hours, 13 hours isn't an option.

Good point.  In 3+ months of owning my Vera/zwave stuff, I've only noticed TWO phantom or unplanned events, one of which was a 10 hour delayed off that failed to happen (maybe power cycle?).  I since added a failsafe off scene.

But, the Vera and Zwave has been VERY reliable for me.  I think the key is making informed device decisions before you buy so you'll understand what to expect as far as compatibility.