Author Topic: How to go back to previows firmware?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Reed

• Sr. Newbie
How to go back to previows firmware?
« on: July 30, 2011, 04:44:44 pm »
I upgraded to 1.1.1245 week ago last Thursday.  I only have one Foscam camera and had no problems since March when I installed the system.  Since then I have lost camera several times & now can't see image through Vera after rebooting Vera, PC, & camera.  I see image on PC fine. I can get into UI4 fine just don't see image.  Keeps saying trying to get image from camera.

I believe I need to go to previous firmware.  How do I do this?

Thanks,
Reed

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
Re: How to go back to previows firmware?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:43:29 pm »
Hi Reed,

I doubt it's a FW issue. Have you double checked the camera's IP, Port, UN & PW are correct?
Did the path get changed?
These are the path's I'm using with 1.1.1245 that work
/snapshot.cgi
%2Fvideostream.cgi

If you want to downgrade FW's let us know which one you want to go back to.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline Reed

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:16:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jod.  Yes I double checked the settings with my hard copy & they look correct.  The camera is working through Vera I just don't see image when I go to dash board and click on ip cam nor do I see image stored on server.  It went down around 11:35AM CST.  This also happened last Saturday around 5 PM, but rebooted camera and it came back, but now not able to see live picture through Vera2 or images stored on server.

If camera works through Vera doesn't that make my settings to be correct?

Gosh I guess I should have wrote down the firmware version that was on Vera2 before I upgraded.  I bought Vera2 in March from Foscam & what ever it had on it then was what I was using.

Thanks,
Reed

Offline Reed

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:53 pm »
Well JOD I found the problem, but don't understand why this happened. For some reason my camera changed it's IP address from 104 to 103.  I changed this in Vera2 and I can now see camera.

I have vera setup as Through another gateway on my network. MiOS is a switch.

I don't see anything in foscam camera setup to keep ip address from changing.  Never had this happen in the 5 months I had Vera2 until I upgraded firmware 9 days ago.  I have rebooted PC number of times for OS updates and never had this problem before.  I leave PC on 24/7 and have camera set for motion detect to store video on PC's HD.  But I believe Vera is locking up causing me to lose the camera, but don't know why.  I have camera, vera, & PC on UPS so they are not losing power if power blinks.

Is there something in the new firmware that could be causing this?

Thanks,
Reed

Offline JOD

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »
Good that you found the problem.
If Vera is set up as a switch she is not a DHCP server so it's not anything to do with Vera.
In the Foscam program go to Basic Network Settings, there is a check box Obtain IP from DHCP Server, un-checking that box gives you the options to set up a static IP.

JOD.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:18:44 am by JOD »
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline Reed

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:14:03 am »
Thanks Jod!  I made the change in Foscam & that should fix camera changing IP address.  I don't understand why this started after firmware upgrade, but that will narrow problem down if I lose camera in future.   Whole network, including camera, is on 3 APC UPS because of power loss due to storms & surges so I know they are staying up when power goes off.

Thanks again Jod!
Reed

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: How to go back to previous firmware?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 09:07:07 am »
If Vera is set up as a switch she is not a DHCP server so it's not anything to do with Vera.
In the Foscam program go to Basic Network Settings, there is a check box Obtain IP from DHCP Server, un-checking that box gives you the options to set up a static IP.
Alternatively, you could set up a static IP for the camera (and Vera) in your router, if supported.
Also, if you set up a static IP in the camera, it's probably best to do that outside of the IP range that is used by your router for DHCP.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Henk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:41:18 am »
Seems to me the title got a bit out of sync with the topic being discussed.....
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline Reed

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 01:58:41 pm »
Well Henk I thought I might have a firmware issue, but guess time will tell for sure.  Anyway for some unknown reason my IP address got changed in camera & Jod had me check a few things first before doing a downgrade.  For some unknown reason, since upgrade, I been losing camera on Saturdays.  Last weekend I just rebooted camera, but that didn't work yesterday.  Guess will see what happens with the change to static IP in camera settings.

Reed