We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Themes  (Read 10698 times)

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Themes
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »
I have released this LCARS theme now (along with several user submitted themes). You can find them here:

http://www.squareconnect.com/t​hemes.html

if anyone decides to make their own mods from this - or just use it, please share! We would love to see what you are doing

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline bbjansen

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:45 pm »
U guys still working on expanding the designer?
I got some theme ideas, but the buttons on the bottom would make it ugly in my opinion.
It would be nice if i can place the buttons on the left for example(instead of the bottom bar), and chose how many buttons.
Thats the main reason why i am not buying a license yet.

Maybe i just want too much.
The best would be to be able to theme everything. A bit like the XBMC(www.xbmc.org) skin engine.
XML Based with no fancy gui, i'll bet you get some quality themes from some users then.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:45:11 pm by bbjansen »

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 08:26:03 am »
I am afraid that you want too much (or perhaps just too soon).   ;)

There will be no immediate change that allows buttons on the side or to select the number of buttons, as this is determined within the app infrastructure as it stands today.

John

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:38 pm »
@bbjansen

It is however all driven by XML, so within the constraints of the general flow and structure, you can go straight into the XML and tweak it.

Offline bbjansen

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:03:53 pm »
So it would be possible to add "just" images as well (not buttons)?
Where can i find the xml? in the themes on your website it does has an xml, but only with theme data, no layout defined etc.

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
SQRemote 'configurations' are a collection of XML documents that define the layout. The themes represent a set of standard buttons and bitmaps used by the specific configuration. I know you can do things in the raw XML that you can't do through the GUI editors... I'd suggest sending an email to John at squareconnect.com to get further details and to discuss exactly what you are wanting to do... he is probably the most knowledgable on the existing XML as well as driving future development of the customization and theme development

Mat

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
@SquareConnectJohn

I love the LCARS theme! Also, even though it isn't required I'm liking you guys on facebook.

@Cherokee180c

Your posts on AVSforums might not have received any responses, but I saw your youtube video and it convinced me. I was actually putting together my own control system with a little linux box and lirc, and after watching that video I decided the price for the SQ Blaster was well worth it. People do get pretty protective of their favorite solutions don't they?

My only problem is I don't have an ipad/ipod. I just bought my wife and I evo 3ds and have another android tablet lying around as well. I will probably just pick up an SQ Blaster and just hope that android support comes along soon.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:33:05 pm by radarengineer »

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 08:39:35 pm »
You'll at least be able to use the Blaster through Vera in the meantime with your Android devices.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »
That is the plan... but I really want to use some of these new themes!  :)

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 03:08:36 am »
I love the LCARS theme! Also, even though it isn't required I'm liking you guys on facebook.

Thank you!   8)

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:30 am »
So it would be possible to add "just" images as well (not buttons)?
Where can i find the xml? in the themes on your website it does has an xml, but only with theme data, no layout defined etc.

Yes in theory you can add just images... actually that's reasonably simple. The infrastructure is there ... its just fiddly.

I will be adding this to SQ Designer soon, so it will be simple drag and drop ( or close to). I would prefer this method than opening pandoras box of having everyone editing the xml and then asking me why things no longer work   :o

But if you want to have a go drop me a line.

John