Author Topic: Looking for a light sensor (not the HSM100)  (Read 1531 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Looking for a light sensor (not the HSM100)
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good light sensor (compatible with EU Z-wave)?  I'm looking for a sensor that transmits regular light level readings to Vera, as opposed to the HSM100 which does so only very rarely (understandably, as it's on batteries).

The application I intend to use it for is my "coming home" scenario, which shuts down all indoor cameras, disarms motion sensors, and turns on a couple of lights... which I want to happen only when it is necessary.  Hence the light sensor.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Looking for a light sensor (not the HSM100)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »
The HSM100 can be wired up to use a power adapter. I have seen a few on the forum who have done this and than configured the device to always be active. Hopefully others can chime in.

- Garrett

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: Looking for a light sensor (not the HSM100)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:26:40 pm »
The HSM100 can be wired up to use a power adapter. I have seen a few on the forum who have done this and than configured the device to always be active. Hopefully others can chime in.

Thanks for the tip.  I got one and wired it up as suggested, and I am actually quite happy with the device.  The only drawback is that it is very pricey if used only for measuring light levels (The € price is higher than the $ one, go figure...)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.