Author Topic: App orientation  (Read 1922 times)

Offline pcjackson06

• Sr. Newbie
App orientation
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:23:24 pm »
Are there any plans to support portrait orientation? Unfortunately the iPad can really only be docked in portrait mode and from what I can tell SQ isn't compatible with that.

Offline mbairhead

Re: App orientation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:44:50 am »
Are there any plans to support portrait orientation? Unfortunately the iPad can really only be docked in portrait mode and from what I can tell SQ isn't compatible with that.

Their are several iPad docks that can be landscape or both. I've started a list here of the ones I've found so far, add more if you have them.

fixed URL: wseverino
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:55:12 pm by wseverino »

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:47:31 pm »

Every so often this comes up and I think is a very legitimate request. My personal experience with SQRemote has turned out to be not an issue with the iPad as I use it almost exclusively in landscape mode. All I can say is it is on the road map... but there are a lot of items ahead to be tackled.

Mat

Offline pcjackson06

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »

Their are several iPad docks that can be landscape or both. I've started a list here of the ones I've found so far, add more if you have them.

fixed URL: wseverino

Yeah, I mean there are products out there that will hold the iPad in a horizontal orientation, but very few that will elegantly "dock" the iPad while charging it.  Supporting portrait orientation is probably a good thing...

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:06:31 pm »

Yeah, I mean there are products out there that will hold the iPad in a horizontal orientation, but very few that will elegantly "dock" the iPad while charging it.  Supporting portrait orientation is probably a good thing...

I like several of the horizontal charging docks, it's making the iPod/iPhone a one handed device or wall mountable on a single gang box that would make me happy.