Author Topic: Native Google Home Integration  (Read 7032 times)

Offline onepointbrewing

Native Google Home Integration
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:19:35 am »
I didnt want to post this in the Google Home part of the forum as it appears to be more of a "Concierge" forum but is there any light as to when we might see native GH integration with Vera? there was some general comments from some mios ppl saying its in development and it should be an imminent addition, however it would appear nothing has materialized.

I have a full Echo setup at home and 1 mini and was looking at migrating to GH as I have 7 Chromecast Audios and 4 Chromecasts within my house and would like to "retire" the echo setup as it is very sluggish (although its pretty bulletprooof)

The only reason for not going the concierge route is that it requires a PC to run it (which I dont have... well I do but its an Atom so whats the point) and the last time i ran it on my laptop it decided to render my Vera useless with polling nodes.

Vera+GH Native +1 please!!!!

Offline niharmehta

Re: Native Google Home Integration
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:59:29 am »
Can't comment on native integration, but an Atom is probably more than powerful enough to run a Linux installation and the Concierge app.
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:16:27 pm »
I agree. I have an Atom running a backup Plex Server on Windows 10 Home. Except for low memory, it is working well.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline onepointbrewing

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 04:37:12 am »

Sorry guys, to stay on point - I actually wasnt asking about what VC would run on.....

I was asking when we can see native GH implementation.... Mios????

Offline UKDemon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 12:46:49 am »
Not much help, but I received an email from VERA support back on 14th Feb that said that they were currently working on GH integration, although no ETA. They did suggest keeping an eye on their release notes for any updates http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles which hasn't been updated since the end of January.

tbh GH integration was the main reason that I decided to go down the VERA path so I really hope that it won't be too much longer! :)

Offline lionelandjen

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 12:48:35 pm »
I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I don't have the time to fiddle with concierge.

Offline onepointbrewing

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 10:28:37 am »
Agreed. The fiddle comment is exactly how I feel.

Currently I have Amazon echos set up but they are painfully slow to react.

Looking for something that doesn't need another PC running full time (something else that can hang)

Pls Mios. Can we get GH integration before Google overtakes the world and Mios is left to pick up the scraps.

Offline walshchristopherj

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 01:25:06 pm »
Don't expect Google Home integration any time soon or at all. I was told about a year ago that native Google Home integration was in the coming weeks. Although I still kept my Vera Plus, I have since moved on to Smartthings and have enjoyed every minute of it. All my z-wave and zigbee devices are running locally, not in the cloud by the way.

Offline RichieB

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 06:22:17 am »
Vera concierge is pretty awesome check the plugins section

Offline onepointbrewing

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »
It's all ok now.

I defected to homeseer - much faster than Vera w native GH support.

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:39 am »
Yeah.  I'm tired of waiting for this.  2 years now, I bought into the Vera ecosystem so much that I didnt want to migrate to something else...but meh, I am removing the last of my devices and putting mine up on Craigs list.

Oh well.   Vera was fun while it lasted but the longer I wait, the more obvious it's not going to happen and Google Home took on another huge wave of support for new products and the list will only grow.  I'll likely get a SmartThings hub just as a bridge to my Z-Wave stuff.  Google Home now recognizes other status beside "on" and "off" so that's another big plus.  It will only continue to get better.

Adios Vera!

Offline bobbydoedoe

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »
Vera, we have been waiting for too long for google home integration.    where is it???

Offline vikes0115

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 11:00:20 pm »
Yeah.  I'm tired of waiting for this.  2 years now, I bought into the Vera ecosystem so much that I didnt want to migrate to something else...but meh, I am removing the last of my devices and putting mine up on Craigs list.

Oh well.   Vera was fun while it lasted but the longer I wait, the more obvious it's not going to happen and Google Home took on another huge wave of support for new products and the list will only grow.  I'll likely get a SmartThings hub just as a bridge to my Z-Wave stuff.  Google Home now recognizes other status beside "on" and "off" so that's another big plus.  It will only continue to get better.

Adios Vera!

Thinkfire, do you have any personal experience with SmartThings (good or bad)?  I was considering making the same move myself.  Between the lack of progress on Google Home integration, lack of progress on IFTTT, and having to open the Vera Mobile App four blocks from home while out on a walk to be signed in to unlock the door by the time I get home, I'm ready to give another platform a try.  Looking at some online documentation it looks like SmartThings scenes can't have a delay (to for example turn on a light, wait five minutes, then turn it off).  I'm hoping I just missed something and it would actually do things like that.  Thanks

Offline shaitand

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 08:25:35 pm »
I have the same issue, Alexa everywhere and one mini. The vera connect isn't even an option anymore. This is a serious issue.

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 08:55:25 pm »

Adios Vera!

Thinkfire, do you have any personal experience with SmartThings (good or bad)?  I was considering making the same move myself.  Between the lack of progress on Google Home integration, lack of progress on IFTTT, and having to open the Vera Mobile App four blocks from home while out on a walk to be signed in to unlock the door by the time I get home, I'm ready to give another platform a try.  Looking at some online documentation it looks like SmartThings scenes can't have a delay (to for example turn on a light, wait five minutes, then turn it off).  I'm hoping I just missed something and it would actually do things like that.  Thanks

For those intererested in defecting I have a long posting on the SmartThings community reviewing the options.  I defected from SmartThings and Hubitat and Vera and Home Assistant.... :)  I run HomeSeer as my primary system.