Author Topic: Native Google Home Integration  (Read 7029 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: Native Google Home Integration
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
Interesting... I will look it up though for me after much work on the vera, I am very close to not moving any more. Albeit with a neutered vera and almighty openLuup and supporting Home assistant.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 10:54:15 pm »
I still keep the systems around.  I have a HomeSeer plugin to integrate Vera so I still support that.  Lets me use the very few ZigBee devices Vera supports but through my HomeSeer system.  Essentially a bridge to use the Vera as a device controller. 

The deCONZ interface is getting better all the time so the day of using Vera for Zigbee are getting shorter, or I may also write a Hubitat plugin now that they have finally made it possible with the Maker API to interact with the system remotely.

Too busy lately focused on starting up a new GPS service specifically for IoT and Home Automations needs though...

Offline lunchour

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:37:43 pm »
I have held on to Vera because the "logic" is in the box and does not need to connect to the internet.  Is the "logic" for SmartThings or HomeSeer on board or does it have to connect to the outside world?

Offline bilzfan

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 07:13:24 pm »
I've been a loyal customer through three generations of Vera abd have a lot of Z-
wave devices.  I'm tired of waiting for Google Home supporrt.  I'm also ready to move to homeseer if it will work with my existing Z-Wave and new Nest equipment.