We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Helping setting notification for Schlage lock  (Read 2700 times)

Offline drdisney

Helping setting notification for Schlage lock
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:44:36 am »
Ok I am in need of some help here. I have everything working on the Vera except for the ability to send an email or SMS to my phone when the door is unlocked. I have tried and tried with still no luck. Can anybody point me if the directions to set it up correctly. I can post screen shots if needed of how my system is configured right now. Many thanks!!

Eric

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Helping setting notification for Schlage lock
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:45:32 am »
@drdisney,

Welcome!

Common confusion is around what event to use. The one to use is A PIN Code is entered.
And with that event the common confusion is what to provide in that field. It's not the actual PIN code (which Vera may not know), but the PIN sequence/index number, i.e. 1, 2, etc. for Code #1, Code#2, etc.

(See also here and here for recent threads.)

Is that what you tried?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:47:37 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline drdisney

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »
Hi Oti,

I tried changing the value, but still no luck. I am getting a response from my scene that I created that my lights go on, but still am having a issue with the email or SMS text. I am wondering if there is a problem with a port being blocked from my router, but I don't think so as  i can connect from Findvera.com.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:53:52 pm »
I am getting a response from my scene that I created that my lights go on, but still am having  issue with the email or SMS text.
OK, good; so you got the event part worked out. Have you double checked your email/SMS settings at cp.mios for the user that you have selected in the Notifications tab?

Offline drdisney

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:48:21 am »
Thanks Odi, I now have it in working order sort of. At least its giving me a sms/email when a pin code is entered. It still will not give me one when a bad pin is entered. Is there a way to view the logging on this, I cant seem to find it anywhere on the system.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:07:33 am »
It still will not give me one when a bad pin is entered.
The lock emits the bad PIN event when there's 4 bad PINs in a row (and the lock beeps, lights red and goes into a 30-second lock down).

Is there a way to view the logging on this, I cant seem to find it anywhere on the system.
You can see the events on the cp.mios web site.