We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 2GIG CT-30 Temp and manual changes at the stat. not updating on Vera  (Read 28729 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: 2GIG CT-30 Temp and manual changes at the stat. not updating on Vera
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 08:41:27 pm »
I did not .  All I know is things work great!
OK, but are you now back to where you started, not being able to include devices and Suc SIS:YES PRI:YES?

As @garrettwp and I have stated, this is asking for trouble. Based on what has been said about the migration from 2.78 to 3.20, both here publicly and on the beta side. The hack is not optional. Please hang on to a backup.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 08:43:48 am »
OK so now I did the latest firmware update to my Vera 2. Seems to have helped the temp update on the vera and ivera however it now broke the update of status. If I change the fan to on, the display in ivera stays in auto. The fan goes on. Now if I want to turn it back to auto, it is already in audio on the ivera and will not let you select auto and I can not find a way to turn off the fan remotely. This did work before the upgrade.   :-[

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
If it works fine in the web interface of Vera, than it could be an issue on ivera's end. If that is the case, you'll need to contact the developer of ivera.

-Garrett

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »
It does not work fine through the web, but the web interface gives you an option that ivera does not. If you turn on the fan through the web, it still shows Fan Auto, but you can click again on the fan and get to a drop down that has choices of auto or on. This will allow you to select auto even though the interface thinks it is still in auto and then turn the fan off. Hope this makes sense. Bottom line is it does not update the status of the fan once you go from Fan Auto to Fan On  both in Web interface and iVera. This did work every time before the upgrade.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2012, 05:54:59 am »
[...] it does not update the status of the fan once you go from Fan Auto to Fan On  both in Web interface and iVera.
It appears to work for me. Vera 2 with 1.5.346. Is that what you have?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:59:44 am by oTi@ »

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »
Hello oTi,

Your pics of your graphics are much nicer than the ones that my vera display when I go to the local ip address. Where is the graphic you show come from? Is there an update for the graphics? I do see yours working, mine does not come off of auto when you turn the fan on. Am I missing some step I need to do to update. I updated the firm ware to the same as yours. I will grab a shot of the graphic I see and try to put it into the post as you did.

Bill

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 11:37:14 pm »
Try clearing your browser cache and see if things improve.

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:08 am »
Tryed clearing cache but I still only see this graphic for the CT-30 Stat.

I can not figure out how to put the pic into this text area like you did so I attached it to this reply.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:31 am »
That's UI4. What firmware version are you running, 1.5.346?

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2012, 02:06:18 pm »
I just checked and it is 1.1.1362

Offline Flint Hill Force

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 07:24:39 pm »
OK oTi I figured how to upgrade the firmware. Now running 1.5.346 Auto now works but the stat still looks the same on the graphic and now I can not set the temp for heating or cooling through the GUI. I  can select heat/cool and Auto/On/ Cycle, and Energy mode but no settings for temp. I did not try deleting the stat and re-adding it, should I? I will try to clear the cache as I now see the new graphic when I log on through Mios. If I go to the IP of my Vera I see the old graphic that is now broke.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:45:42 am by Flint Hill Force »

Offline patcheswho

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »
I'm also fairly new to z-wave technology and have a CT-30. I've been having the same problems that pretty much everyone else here is having. I have a vera2 and am running UI5. not being able use the scheduler was a real issue for me since z-wave takes controll of the thermostat and updating temps on a regular schedule without using several scenes was also an issue. Not to mention that when I changed the temp on the thermostat it would take a long time for the change to show up on my dashboard even though the refresh time was set to 60sec. I have read all the threads and have tried many of the fixes but what I have found to work the best for me was to eliminate the zwave module from the thermostat and install a wifi module. Then using the wifi thermostat app downloadable from the market place I linked it to vera. The CT-30 is really the same as the Filtrete 3M-50 thermostat sold at homedepot. The app alows the option to controll the thermostat either remotely through vera or manually on the unit itself. All updates show up on the dashboard or on the unit instantly and manual changes show up as a temporary change and the thermostat reverts back to its scheduled program at the next set time unlike before when vera had full controll. the schedule can easily be updated online or on the thermostat itself. Here is the link if anyone wants more infomation. (h ttp://code.mios.com/trac/mios_wifi-thermostat#)
Just thought i would put my 2 cents in and maybe this will help someone else as it has for me.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 01:20:33 pm »
* FREEZE: ok, so you are using battery power only..   We are using 12vDC and experiencing freeze up on regular basis.   This info helps alot as we will move to 24vAC source and see if problem goes away.  I will let you know outcome of tests over next 3-4 weeks.
Regarding the freeze symptom: an issue has been identified when the CT30 is hardwired; see this post.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:22:19 pm by oTi@ »

Offline tampapoet

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 04:42:51 pm »
I have a CT30 and just realized that I'm not 'pulling' any info from the thermostat either.  I even tried to do a 'manual' poll and neither the status (Cooling, Idle, etc.), nor the current temp updated.  I'm running my on 24v with no batteries.  I can set the temp, modes, etc; just not get any status back from the device.

Urg...

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:54 pm »
What Vera firmware version are you running?