Author Topic: ALTHue compatible with Tradfri hub?  (Read 127 times)

Offline gassel

ALTHue compatible with Tradfri hub?
« on: September 27, 2018, 08:49:38 am »
Hi,

I guess I made the rookie mistake of thinking that this plugin also works with the Ikea Tradfri hub. Am I correct that you need the original Philips Hue hub to make it work? If so, are there any plans for supporting the Ikea hub as well?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Don Phillips

Re: ALTHue compatible with Tradfri hub?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:03:01 pm »
I think that is correct. The plug-in communicates with the hub and the hub communicates with the bulbs. I have the Hue hub and use this plug-in but I only use Hue bulbs.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: ALTHue compatible with Tradfri hub?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 02:09:35 am »
Hi,

I guess I made the rookie mistake of thinking that this plugin also works with the Ikea Tradfri hub. Am I correct that you need the original Philips Hue hub to make it work? If so, are there any plans for supporting the Ikea hub as well?

Thanks,
Paul

Indeed bust as you can see here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,77266.0.html some ikea bulb do work with the philips hue hub. That depends on the firmware of the bulb and I have read some where that it could require the bulb to be really close to the philips hub to be discovered.
No plan to support the ikea hub , sorry.