Author Topic: ALTHue : Feature Requests  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Peiloy

• Sr. Newbie
Re: ALTHue : Feature Requests
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2018, 08:57:31 am »
If possible, can Hue dimmer switches be added in the future?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2018, 09:33:05 am »

Not sure what you would want to do with the dimmer on the vera: it is a light controller. Why would you want to control it from another controller when you can control all the lights already?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (134 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline bnflaherty

Maybe it's just me.. Or the rain.. or work from home today.. or it's Wednesday .. but just installed the new plugin on UI5 and it refuses to pair. I tried on a previous version but same issue.. and I'm sick of just using the Hue app ... I need my integration :)

to trouble shoot I can suggest this approach

1 describe your setup
2 enable debug mode on ALTHue device
3 reload luup engine
4 go to ALTHUE settings
5 make sure IP address is correct
6 press the pair button on the hub
7 press the pair button on the settings
8 remove debug mode on ALTHue device

if it fails,  get the log file from vera in /var/log/cmh covering the whole period ( step 2 to 8 ) and share so I can look at it

I'm good Now .. never did get it working then .. but today I took the jump and upgraded to UI7 .. Plugin Installed flawlessly :)

Offline Peiloy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:58 pm »

Not sure what you would want to do with the dimmer on the vera: it is a light controller. Why would you want to control it from another controller when you can control all the lights already?

In certain situations it?s applicable. For example, in my master bedroom I have recessed lighting that is on a zwave dimmer, but my side lamps and main light pendant are hue bulbs which are controlled by the hue dimmer. Right now I have to set up a scene to turn off the recessed lighting when the hue bulbs are off and to turn it back on when the bulbs are on. This poses two problems. 1) I don?t have direct control of the recessed light dimming as the scenes are for a fixed value. 2) there is a delay between the hue lights turning on and off and the recessed turning on and off. Sometimes the Vera doesn?t fire the scene and the recessed lights stay on or off as the case may be.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:36 am »

In certain situations it?s applicable. For example, in my master bedroom I have recessed lighting that is on a zwave dimmer, but my side lamps and main light pendant are hue bulbs which are controlled by the hue dimmer. Right now I have to set up a scene to turn off the recessed lighting when the hue bulbs are off and to turn it back on when the bulbs are on. This poses two problems. 1) I don?t have direct control of the recessed light dimming as the scenes are for a fixed value. 2) there is a delay between the hue lights turning on and off and the recessed turning on and off. Sometimes the Vera doesn?t fire the scene and the recessed lights stay on or off as the case may be.

I am still scratching my head as I don't understand how controlling the hue dimmer would help any of these two problems.
The delay between the hue light and zwave is a vera/zwave network problem. I have a vera similar setup with scenes triggering both and the inconsistency is all due to the vera poor handling of the zwave network. Control of the dimming of the recessed light is easy to fix it is all coding of your scene. Controlling the hue dimmer will not help. What you are trying to control is the dimming of your zwave dimmer.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (134 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 200 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline CaptainMoody

« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2018, 06:00:01 am »
I have just installed this plugin and it all works flawlessly.

I have some Innr GU10 downlights (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innr-Smart-Dimmable-Compatible-Ecosystem/dp/B01LT9UK7I) in my system that can be added to the "works with" list.  :)