Author Topic: New Plugin : ALTHue - the Alternate Edition of the Philips Hue Plugin  (Read 3442 times)

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: New Plugin : ALTHue - the Alternate Edition of the Philips Hue Plugin
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2018, 08:12:39 am »
Another idea is to show the RGBW values and make it possible to enter the digits manually in the editor.

Or to copy the actual RGBW values when you edit a scene, so you can set the lights manually, enter the scene editor, select ACTIONS, and the selected lights will use the present settings, unless you fiddle with them.

It?s not something you do on a daily basis, so for now I?ll manage. Very happy it?s working again!

again the advanced scene editor allow you to select the RGBW device and select the SetColorRGB action and pass the actual RGB value as a parameter like "rr,gg,bb"

Offline Ripley

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2018, 08:45:39 am »
I really should start reading the FM 🙄

Is there also a place to read the current values?

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2018, 09:07:10 am »
I really should start reading the FM 🙄

Is there also a place to read the current values?

variable "CurrentColor" of the device
but the format is a bit different. it is something like 0=0,1=0,2=43,3=194,4=71
2 3 and 4 are the rgb values
check the MCV wiki

Offline Ripley

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:31 am »
My devices don?t have this variable. They?re all Philips LCT007 (according to the device parms), and they have these variables: Status, Target, LoadLevelStatus, LoadLevelTarget.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »
variable "CurrentColor" of the device

My devices don?t have this variable. They?re all Philips LCT007 (according to the device parms), and they have these variables: Status, Target, LoadLevelStatus, LoadLevelTarget.

This variable is currently only populated if the color of the bulb is changed from the GUI (UI7 or openLuup). The plugin does not (yet) set these variables from the data received from the bridge.

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2018, 01:24:24 pm »
I have added support for that variable in v 0.96 on github

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2018, 03:50:08 pm »

This update works for bulbs in colormode="xy", but will not update any bulbs in colormode="ct" or colormode="hs". Any bulb that has been set to a specific color temperature in the hue app(s) will be in ct mode, and selecting certain color values in gamut B (older) bulbs will set them to "hs" mode.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »
Also note:

In ALTUI (under both UI7 and openLuup), the warm white/cool white selections sliders (for color temperature selection) are not displayed in the control panel... This appears to be an issue with processing the D_DimmableRGBLight1.json file.

Under openLuup, the color selection dropdown on the device page does not display the correct color, the color selection dropdown in the device control panel does display the correct color.

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2018, 06:56:04 am »
Also note:

In ALTUI (under both UI7 and openLuup), the warm white/cool white selections sliders (for color temperature selection) are not displayed in the control panel... This appears to be an issue with processing the D_DimmableRGBLight1.json file.

Under openLuup, the color selection dropdown on the device page does not display the correct color, the color selection dropdown in the device control panel does display the correct color.
What?s the value of currentcolor variable in both case

The display of the file is a bigger pb. Ui7 does not follow the file and hard code a display ( like it does for?most Built in devices). I think a custom panel for altui would be a better option and not care about ui7. This is a simple JS method declared as a Altui plugin in case somebody is interested to contribute to it.  Also the upnp setcolor with the syntax Wxxx or Dxxx should work to set the color temp of the light

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2018, 09:41:48 am »

This update works for bulbs in colormode="xy", but will not update any bulbs in colormode="ct" or colormode="hs". Any bulb that has been set to a specific color temperature in the hue app(s) will be in ct mode, and selecting certain color values in gamut B (older) bulbs will set them to "hs" mode.
v0.97 in github should support all modes

Online akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2018, 10:06:56 am »
Just ordered a hub... can't wait to give this all a go!
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 2x Philips Hue
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »

v0.97 in github should support all modes

I can confirm that it is working. Only one more thing: the color control does not appear to work with "Friends of Hue" devices. I have a couple of Hue Iris (LLC010)  and Hue Bloom (LLC011) which the vera plugin supports. I am sure other FOH don't work either.

I suspect changing their implementation and device files from the dimmable to the RGB ones should fix it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:14:29 pm by rafale77 »
Openluup (52 devices, 82 scenes, 16 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus with 130 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 5 apps, 233 devices, 84 scenes + VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2018, 01:24:24 am »
What are friend of hue devices ? Are they 3rd party devices ? Could you send me the hue data Json ( settings tab ).

Offline rafale77

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:51 am »
They are actually Philips devices but from a series called "friends of hue".
I have no settings tab because the json used is for the standard dimmable light D_DimmableLight1.xml, D_DimmableLight1.json... It is run through the plugin but does not use the plugin files.

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/friends-of-hue
https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-bloom/729976049
https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-white-and-color-ambiance-go-portable-light/714606048

Edit: I verified that changing the device json and xml files in the attributes to D_DimmableRGBLight1.xml and D_DimmableRGBLight1.json works. So I think it is just a matter for the plugin to recognize them and assign the right files for the devices.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:00:48 am by rafale77 »
Openluup (52 devices, 82 scenes, 16 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus with 130 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 5 apps, 233 devices, 84 scenes + VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2018, 03:59:20 am »
They are actually Philips devices but from a series called "friends of hue".
I have no settings tab because the json used is for the standard dimmable light D_DimmableLight1.xml, D_DimmableLight1.json... It is run through the plugin but does not use the plugin files.

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/friends-of-hue
https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-bloom/729976049
https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-white-and-color-ambiance-go-portable-light/714606048

Edit: I verified that changing the device json and xml files in the attributes to D_DimmableRGBLight1.xml and D_DimmableRGBLight1.json works. So I think it is just a matter for the plugin to recognize them and assign the right files for the devices.

I know it will work but not manually as it will be reset at every reload
the Settings tab I am talking about is a setting tab on the AltHue  Plugin itself