Author Topic: No Energy metering?  (Read 2580 times)

guest13549

No Energy metering?
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:22:46 am »
So, my first post here  :)

I got my Vera 2 last week, and I have just started to change my sensors and switches.
Vera has firmware 1.1.1338.

The first two devices that I have intstalled are Aeon Labs Micro Energy switches. And they show up just fine in the dashboard. With current power usage.

But I see that there's also a energy logging plugin mentioned on the plugin page, but when I select add plugin, there's no energy plugin. (There are a few others though).

And also, on some screen shots of the dashboard, I see icons in the Toolbox, which I don't have;
Namely, I'm missing "Quick start", "Users" and "Energy".

I understand something is wrong with my set-up, but I just don't understand what?!  :-[

Any suggestions are welcome!

Micael

guest13549

Re: No Energy metering?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:45:12 am »
OK, I now have found that I can got cp.mios.com, login, and from there, use the button "energy usage".
But I would like to have this on my dashboard as well ..

Offline oTi@

• Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:38:20 am »
@vespaman,

Welcome!

OK, I now have found that I can got cp.mios.com, login, and from there, use the button "energy usage".
But I would like to have this on my dashboard as well ..

It sounds like it's MCV's intention to have that  in the next version of the user interface, UI5:

[...] working on UI5.  [...] the goal is to eliminate having all these separate UI's like we do now (ie local Ui4, cp.mios portal, separate energy and video archiving, etc.).  In this case there's 1 and only 1 UI which blends both the local stuff and online stuff together, so it's exactly the same whether you access it remotely or locally.
Dezwaved at the moment...

guest13549

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:02:36 pm »

Thanks!   :)

So then at least my set-up is doing what it ought to do.
Any word/thoughts on when UI5 might happen?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 03:30:17 am »
Any word/thoughts on when UI5 might happen?

The estimated release date is in October or November.