Author Topic: TEXECOM Premier Elite Plugin  (Read 942 times)

Offline samyoue

Re: TEXECOM Premier Elite Plugin
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 04:10:51 pm »
switch off alarm reporting in vera and use the plugin to handle notifications. Pushover works great and support for free text messaging and emailing is on the way .

The plugin knows the difference between entry and alarm. If you open the front door the plugin will check to see the state the alarm is in and ONLY notify you if it goes into alarm. It should also send the zone names that tripped the alarm

Another pro to using pushover is that you can configure the plugin to send you separate notifications for when it is set/unset (single notification each time) and priority notifications upon alarm condition (repeats the notification with a different sound to set/unset notification until timeout/acknowledged)

Sam
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:42:56 pm by samyoue »

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 08:13:53 am »

Thanks Sam

Just looked.. In Vera 3 under Users & Account info >> notification settings, I have various options with Security Alerts being one of them and It's not been checked.. I just checked it.. hit update, then unchecked it and hit update again..

I'll let you know how I get on..
Thanks.

Offline samyoue

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »
No worries, if i get a chance I'll implement the texting and email features in next couple days... Also working on reporting system events such as battery fault etc

Sam

Offline samyoue

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 03:04:46 pm »
Ps with regards to pushover notifications I've also got a Tasker profile setup to read out loud (via TTS) any messages from pushover that contain the word "ALARM"

Sam

Offline samyoue

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 03:43:52 am »
NEW VERSION now on GitHub:
  • support for email notiifications
  • support for text message notiifications (UK numbers only at the moment)
  • added system flag information (ability to act on system flags and notifications on system flags coming soon)
  • changed polling order to increase area response time

Sam

(system flags are things like battery fault, cabinet tamper, bell tamper, mains failure, comms active etc)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:54:31 am by samyoue »

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 03:19:21 pm »
Im still getting the annoying emails from Vera, and the sms's plus the Vera app alerts... And now the pushover alerts everytime I come back home..

Any one got any pointers to what I should look at to stop Vera sending out there alerts... I've checked my scenes and I don't have anything there anymore that could be sending me the alerts.

Everytime I come home my phone goes mental..

Offline samyoue

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 04:53:13 pm »
from within the plugin you can turn off pushover for set/unset but still have alerts upon alarm activations only (still with circuit text)
As to the vera3 settings, they should be the same as me as its UI7:
login, then goto user&account info>notification settings and uncheck security alerts (and tamper alerts if you want) then click update
if you have the vera app, maybe there is a setting in there as well? (I dont use the vera app)
do you use pleg/vera alerts?

Sam

EDIT: just read your previous post which says you already unchecked those notifications sorry! maybe they are in app? also not sure how you are getting text messages from vera as mine never seemed to work and with a limit of 2 per day I didnt see the point tbh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:04:55 pm by samyoue »

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 06:18:12 am »
from within the plugin you can turn off pushover for set/unset but still have alerts upon alarm activations only (still with circuit text)
As to the vera3 settings, they should be the same as me as its UI7:
login, then goto user&account info>notification settings and uncheck security alerts (and tamper alerts if you want) then click update
if you have the vera app, maybe there is a setting in there as well? (I dont use the vera app)
do you use pleg/vera alerts?

Sam

EDIT: just read your previous post which says you already unchecked those notifications sorry! maybe they are in app? also not sure how you are getting text messages from vera as mine never seemed to work and with a limit of 2 per day I didnt see the point tbh

I think I may have sorted it. Under Users & Accounts info > User Info, I have ticked "send me push notifications" and " send me emails". I've now taken this off.

Offline samyoue

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 12:48:13 pm »
Version 2.8 Now at Github
includes:
PC outputs now defineable within the setup GUI via a dropdown box
Setup GUI has been moved around alot with improvements to make it easier to setup zones etc
Notifications for system Flags (Battery Fault, cabinet tamper etc) including selectable flags for different notification methods (battery faults via email, Courtesy Light via pushover etc)

Only one more update due before proper work on the Connect version begins (already have the basic structure and payload functions)

Sam.

PS hope your phone has now stopped being bombarded Sups?

Offline samyoue

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 03:25:28 pm »
OK couldn't sleep so figured I'd do the last update before Connect :D

v2.84 Live at GitHub.
Auto detect panel type
Override Icon for Vera Zones (Door/Generic Sensor/Smoke Detector)
Further Setup GUI enhancements.

Sam

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 04:58:00 pm »
Just loaded this one up.. Sam..you have been busy.
Menus flow so much better and GUI looks good.. the added colour is a nice touch too.

Great work.

Oh and yeah... Managed to stop VERA sending out the notifications... Pushover worked but it stoped a few days ago. Will get the paid version soon.

You mentiond you have a tasker profile for it.... Any chance you sharing that?  ;)

Offline samyoue

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 05:17:53 pm »
Thanks very much 😁

I've got 2 tasker profiles,
1 is just a speech synthesiser when pushover message contrasting word alarm is received (profile >event >plugin>pushover)

The other is a little icon on my android SmartWatch showing the set status of the alarm (will do export and email if youinterested)

Sam