We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: TEXECOM Premier Elite Plugin  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Mattb130

Re: TEXECOM Premier Elite Plugin
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »
Ok so I've had a bit of luck I added altid P01,P02,P03,P04 as a step I'd missed in a hurry. Doing that I got the panel to show all the zones but as zone 1, 2, 3, etc.

So its not showing the names. I also get errors in the status box stating error, on Zone status, area status, Voltages error.

Also strangely when I try and log in using my pc to the alarm using wintex I can't it just disconnects is that normal?

Its an Elite 48 with ComIP running 4.00.24 using plugin version 2.84

Thanks

matt

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 04:06:13 pm »
Comip is in essence serial so If Vera has established a connection with the panel, then yes, you won't be able to connect with your PC/laptop at the same time. Same applies the other way around too, in that if you establish a connection with from a PC, then Vera won't be able to connect at the same time.

Offline Mattb130

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 04:47:02 pm »
Ok that explains the inability to now use wintex.

I'm still getting errors with cct and zones which is stopping it from setting up properly.

Offline Mattb130

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 05:51:51 pm »
So something clearly isn?t right in my setup as when I set it all to night time me walking to the downstairs keypad should have activated the count down, it also looked me out of the keypad on the wall.

Offline Mattb130

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 12:09:58 pm »
Call for help.

Plug in is installed. Its pulling down the right number of zones (but won't pull the names). I get polling errors for zones and areas.

When a door is opened Vera reports the door is open.

Alarm keypad beeps when vera is logging in. But it regularly disconnects and tries to reconnect. Vera keypad displays undefined.

However, as mentioned in my earlier post I'm locked out of the physical keypad in the house.

Any help would be great. I was hoping the alarm sensors would form the backbone of my automation.

Thanks

Matt

Offline Mattb130

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 05:11:54 pm »
Big thanks to Sam, updated the LUA file and its working as expected!!!

Offline samyoue

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 07:23:33 pm »
sorry about slow reply, health not been great lately but yes as Matt said, bug fixed in latest lua file on github, thanks for reporting the bug, pleased I could squash it for you :)

Sam.

Offline daniel gomes

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 10:51:17 am »
hei guys!

Some of you can show me some pictures of the plugin in UI7? Is it possible to use this plugin with Vera app?
Why this plugin is not available on https://apps.mios.com/?

Good job guys!  :D

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2018, 05:07:26 am »
Hi,

I?m in the UK and tempted to move away from my DSC Alarm set up and was thinking about TEXECOM and I can see a number of Elite products/versions? - I saw the note earlier about the version to use v1.0.

I'm curious which model people have this plug-in working with. (Extract from https://www.texe.com/uk/products/range/control-panels/)

Premier Elite 640
Premier Elite 168
Premier Elite 88
Premier Elite 64
Premier Elite 64-W
Premier Elite 48
Premier Elite 24
Premier Elite 24 (Polymer)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:51:01 am by parkerc »

Offline pukka

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 10:22:43 am »
Premier Elite 48 here.

Offline sups

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 04:55:52 pm »
Elite 48 here too

Offline Mattb130

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 09:46:08 am »
Is there a time frame for the connect compatible version.

I?ve started to get ats failures on our system I  can?t say if it is a comip issue, router or Vera problem at the moment but when it fails it also stops Vera scenes from working correctly.

Offline samyoue

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 11:48:13 am »
Doubt it would be vera problem, I know texecom have been having some issues with their servers lately which have apparently now been fixed...

The connect version is currently on hold at the moment as a more pressing project has arisen and I've lost my firmware flasher and the connect protocol is lacking a fairly major command used for the setup procedure... There is a work around but it's quite clunky and unsatisfactory... I've asked texecom for it to be added (it was in the simple protocol!) but I'm not exactly holding my breath...

In the mean time the plugin should theoretically be compatible with a smart com as it connects via internal ip.
Failing that if your vera is near your panel you could connect to a spare com port on the panel via USB cable (texecom cable is about ?30-40 but apparently you can use any standard USB to serial cable... I'll look up the link for you

https://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/programming-a-texecom-premier-elite-12-w-using-a-ftdi-cable/

Hope this helps, Sam
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:52:23 am by samyoue »

Offline nathsea

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 12:30:13 pm »
Hi ,
Installed this and it appears to be working a treat, thanks ever so much for taking the time to create this .

One query i have , is it possible to select different actions depending on who disarms the alarm, for example, when i come home would it know that my code has disarmed the alarm and as such i could ask it to play a specific music?

Cheers
Nath

Offline samyoue

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2018, 04:49:42 pm »
Thanks  :D

Currently no however I'll look into the possibility and get back to you

Sam