We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 266390 times)

Offline sabolcik

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #795 on: April 29, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »
LightsOn:

Thanks for the feedback.  After messing around with some different configurations, it looks like a combination of issues bit me. 

1) When moving the USB stick around the file system on it was corrupted.  Reformatting the USB stick and power cycling the VERA seems to have addressed that issue
2) My USB hub was apparently flaky with the USB drive.  I have been using it with the AD2USB successfully but the USB drive seems unhappy.  I switched out to a new USB hub and now it appears to be working.

Now I just need to figure out how to backup my data to my NAS.  I saw some discussions on that topic in this thread but will defer tackling that until I convince myself that the data logging is solid and I'm using it regularly.

Thanks for your help!

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #796 on: May 29, 2014, 05:28:09 am »
@Chris,
Awesome plugin. Kudos to you.

Is the "dataMine graphing page" link supposed to be functional via a remote connection? I'm getting a 404 Not Found.

Unfortunately this won't work  :(  MCV use a reverse link to connect to theirs server to avoid NAT issues in firewalls and DNS problems.  Remote access isn't impossible to configure, but it requires setting up a bunch of stuff that's not so simple (Dynamic DNS and NAT in your firewall)...

Chris

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am familiar with NAT and DYNDNS and would like the option to work with Datamine remotely - are there any pointers anywhere as to how to get started or is it just to much of a pain to sort?  if it is possible and there is any documents / instructions form others you know if I would be great full for the pointers if at all possible?

Thank you.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #797 on: May 29, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »
Chris is no longer on the forum nor is datamine being actively developed. So support will be very limited.

- Garrett

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #798 on: May 29, 2014, 05:21:23 pm »
Hi garrettwp

Thank you for the heads up. Thats a shame as like datamine a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #799 on: May 29, 2014, 06:49:42 pm »
You might, perhaps, give DataYours a go instead.  What functionality are you after, particularly? Under UI5, DataYours can serve graphs over the MiOS servers (or email them to you.). It can also read dataMine files.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #800 on: May 30, 2014, 02:14:59 am »
Hi akbooer,

impressive work - thank you  :)

This is still in BETA if i understand things correctly so may hold out for a little while. (bet you i end up having a play before hand though!)

My main desire are to be able to see graphs on data from devices such as temp against heating on/off etc.  i also want to ensure i can store this off vera like via a cifs in datamin and i understand possible but as you have stated in a post still a "Thorny" issue.

more reading i think but looks great stuff - thank you :-)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #801 on: May 30, 2014, 02:31:51 am »
This is still in BETA if i understand things correctly so may hold out for a little while. (bet you i end up having a play before hand though!)
It is still beta, but very stable.  I have been using it in "production" mode for over three months gathering data across three separate machines.

My main desire are to be able to see graphs on data from devices such as temp against heating on/off etc.  i also want to ensure i can store this off vera like via a cifs in datamin and i understand possible but as you have stated in a post still a "Thorny" issue.
It's only the USB handling which always seemed to cause problems for dataMine users.  I simply remain USB agnostic - all DataYours needs is a (single) directory in which to store database files and it provides absolutely no functionality to mount devices.  Personally, I've been using CIFS to an external NAS for perhaps six months now and it's absolutely perfect.  I did separately provide a little bit of Luup Lua startup code to mount that.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #802 on: May 30, 2014, 02:46:44 am »
It's only the USB handling which always seemed to cause problems for dataMine users.  I simply remain USB agnostic - all DataYours needs is a (single) directory in which to store database files and it provides absolutely no functionality to mount devices.  Personally, I've been using CIFS to an external NAS for perhaps six months now and it's absolutely perfect.  I did separately provide a little bit of Luup Lua startup code to mount that.

So I could go back to using a large USB on a hub for both vera logging and also datayours?  i think i like the idea of keeping separate though but good to know.  if separate and i understand you correctly i can point datayours at the same cifs set up as i did in data mine - sounds like you do this also? 

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #803 on: May 30, 2014, 02:52:41 am »
So I could go back to using a large USB on a hub for both vera logging and also datayours? 
I do not have the expertise to advise on use of USB storage.

i think i like the idea of keeping separate though but good to know.  if separate and i understand you correctly i can point datayours at the same cifs set up as i did in data mine - sounds like you do this also?
Yes, that's exactly what I do.  In fact, for a while, I ran both together and then, later, just used dataMine to mount the CIFS and storing the Whisper database in a sub-directory.  In the end, I wrote a separate snippet of code to do the mount and removed dataMine.

DataYours can plot data from dataMine and its own database simultaneously, which was helpful in the transition period.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #804 on: May 30, 2014, 03:03:07 am »
Yes, that's exactly what I do.  In fact, for a while, I ran both together and then, later, just used dataMine to mount the CIFS and storing the Whisper database in a sub-directory.  In the end, I wrote a separate snippet of code to do the mount and removed dataMine.

DataYours can plot data from dataMine and its own database simultaneously, which was helpful in the transition period.

Brilliant thank you - I shall look into this.

Offline tommysharp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #805 on: June 25, 2014, 01:13:25 am »
Can't seem to work out how to search just this topic..... Anyone know the specific mount point setting for the vera lite? I tried the suggestion in the first post but it doesn't seem to work. WHen I load up the GUI it asks me to select the USB stick but none are listed.

Offline dpackham

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #806 on: July 02, 2014, 12:03:18 am »
So one thing i need a bit of clarification on  is...  I have an Android app that ImperaHome that says it only shows graphs with DataMine...  can this also work with DataYours?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2014, 03:05:52 am »
Not at the moment, but if enough people start asking then probably yes.

DataYours conforms to a well-documented 'industry standard' interface for retrieving data, so it should be straight-forward.

Offline brettow

« Reply #808 on: July 17, 2014, 01:05:01 am »
Not at the moment, but if enough people start asking then probably yes.

DataYours conforms to a well-documented 'industry standard' interface for retrieving data, so it should be straight-forward.

+1 for DataYours

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #809 on: July 17, 2014, 02:57:38 am »
Also +1 for datayours2 great app.  Remote viewing of graphs via app orbotherwise would be great. :-)