We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287579 times)

Offline Chris

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #525 on: January 23, 2013, 08:02:33 am »
Hi
Do you have the graph type set to 1? If so, this may cause the problem if there's a lot of data (given the data is an energy variable).
Does it work for other channels?

Cheers
Chris

Offline Poe1

« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2013, 08:34:54 am »
Yep, it was set to 1 - and there's a lot of data with the energy variable.

I changed it to zero and it's working now!!

Thanks!

-Casey

Offline Chris

« Reply #527 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:40 am »
Good stuff. :)

In the next version this won't just hang like this - instead it will return with the data it has within a timeout period and provide an error message. I need to work out a better way to handle this data...

Cheers
Chris

Offline brian.k

Graphing times triggered
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2013, 10:40:47 am »
Is there any easy way on a sensor to show how many times it triggered for the day, I have a lot of door/motion sensors, that show 0 or 1 on the graph, but I'd really like to just know how many times it's been triggered for the day,week,month etc.

jpitts (and Chris and the rest of the faithful contributors).  Can't this issue be solved outside the plugin with a stored variable that you increment each time the device(s) are triggered?  Maybe even having separate incremented variables for the zero and one states?  That wouldn't give you date/time, but counts.  You could even schedule a reset of the counter variable(s) on a daily/weekly/other basis.

I haven't tried it, just thinking out loud.

Offline Chris

« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »
Is there any easy way on a sensor to show how many times it triggered for the day, I have a lot of door/motion sensors, that show 0 or 1 on the graph, but I'd really like to just know how many times it's been triggered for the day,week,month etc.

jpitts (and Chris and the rest of the faithful contributors).  Can't this issue be solved outside the plugin with a stored variable that you increment each time the device(s) are triggered?  Maybe even having separate incremented variables for the zero and one states?  That wouldn't give you date/time, but counts.  You could even schedule a reset of the counter variable(s) on a daily/weekly/other basis.

I haven't tried it, just thinking out loud.
Yes, it could be done in a number of ways, but I think in this case, it's probably best (easiest) if done in dataMine, and I think it fits with what I am doing. Statistics is something I'm working on at the moment - initially there will be a basic set of stats available (min/max/average/delta - per hour/day), but once I get this working, I can add more reasonably easily (I hope). The question will be how I squeeze this into the GUI as there may then need to be a way to select different type of stats per channel....

Oh the fun to come.......  ;)

Cheers
Chris

Offline brian.k

« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »
Chris.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm still wrestling with the problem many others have asked about... trying to figure out if there is a way for me to grab periodic snapshots of the graphs and be able to access them via remote MIOS.  The ugly solution would be to run a local copy with a webcam and no screensaver.   :( No way I'll settle for that.  Beyond that, I'm playing with VPN/DMZ and other options since the graphs are so cool and vital and there are some Vera's I administer that I can only access remotely during business hours.

Hope your development goes well.  - Brian

Offline 480vac

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »
Am I missing something?  I can't find datamine in the install apps page - is it no longer available?   I was going to update from 0.962 but can't figure out how to do that...   Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I don't think it is.

Geoff

Offline Chris

« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2013, 05:23:26 am »
Am I missing something?  I can't find datamine in the install apps page - is it no longer available?
dataMine is still available in the app store - http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=1088.

I was going to update from 0.962 but can't figure out how to do that...
There's a post here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12877.msg95089.html#msg95089 that describes how to manually update. Unfortunately it's not as straight forward or intuitive as it should be  :(.
In future, I think it ought to update automagically - maybe!

Cheers
Chris

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #533 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:11 am »
I've added a few features to dataMine. There have been a few fixes/additions under the hood, but the main changes are -:
  • Multiple channels are now graphable - currently up to 4 channels are supported.
  • Graphs are now in local time
  • A legend has been added to the graph. This can be disabled using a button on the toolbar
  • You can disable mouse tracking using a button on the toolbar

The system allows you to select multiple channels and place them onto the left or right Y axis to allow for channels with different scales. This is shown in the attachement. When you click on the "Select Channels" button, there are four fields of interest on each line. First, there's an arrow button. Pressing this will instantly graph this channel with no further action required. Next is the variable name. Clicking on this selects the channel, and enables two further buttons. The first button on the right is a "go" button - it will display all variables currently selected. The second button allows you to select two the left or right axis. This is extremely useful if you have different types of data (say, temperature and humidity) which would otherwise not graph well on the same scale.

It may take a little bit of getting used to, but it's a lot more powerful than a simple dropdown list! I'm  open to suggestions on improving this if it's deemed to be too complex.

If you're upgrading, note that there are a number of new PNG files to support the new buttons and features of the software, so please ensure you upload these as per the installation instructions. The LUA, JSON, XML and JS files also need to be updated via the "MiOS Developers" button.

A wiki has also been started at http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_datamine.

Very old post... very new quote... very much in need of more than 4 selecatble channels. Could that be possible? In the latest datamine stil 4 channels are selectable...
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Chris

« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:33 pm »
Very old post... very new quote... very much in need of more than 4 selecatble channels. Could that be possible? In the latest datamine stil 4 channels are selectable...
Yes - this is possible. However, there are constraints - you will be able to graph more channels, but if each channel has a lot of data, then it may cause problems so it will be up to the user to understand this. There is a timeout in the next version, so the "problems" won't be major - it will just mean that if you hit the limit, some channel data may be truncated and you'll get a warning...

I probably wont change this in the next release, so maybe another couple of weeks...

Chris

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2013, 01:22:04 am »
Hi Chris, did you mean it is currently possible to have more than 4 channels?  Or in next release?  And if already possible,  how?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Chris

« Reply #536 on: February 01, 2013, 09:57:35 am »
Hi Chris, did you mean it is currently possible to have more than 4 channels?  Or in next release?  And if already possible,  how?
Sorry for my poor explanation. I meant it's possible for me to do, but it's not in the current version. There's a new version just approved today, and it's not in that either  :( sorry - I'll try and get it into the next version though...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #537 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:20 am »
Oh, read here... sorry already posted in section for version 0.966 also... it's a pity! I hope i can select 5 channels quickly!

Thanks in advance!

Offline cmbeek

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #538 on: February 01, 2013, 03:47:11 pm »
Every time my vera reloads all my logging configuration is deleted.....
Any idea what causes this behaviour?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #539 on: February 06, 2013, 01:01:44 pm »
Every time my vera reloads all my logging configuration is deleted.....
Any idea what causes this behaviour?

I've had the same problem with every version I've used.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:04:04 pm by Aaron »