We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287569 times)

Offline Chris

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #540 on: February 06, 2013, 01:19:57 pm »
Every time my vera reloads all my logging configuration is deleted.....
Any idea what causes this behaviour?

I've had the same problem with every version I've used.

This is probably caused by USB mounting (or not).  Please can you advise what Vera you have (2, 3, Lite), how many USB sticks you have, and if possible, please send the logs (from WinSCP, click on the Terminal button, and type "cat /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep dataMine"). The logs are most important, as without this it's difficult to see what's going on.

Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #541 on: February 06, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »
Every time my vera reloads all my logging configuration is deleted.....
Any idea what causes this behaviour?

I've had the same problem with every version I've used.

This is probably caused by USB mounting (or not).  Please can you advise what Vera you have (2, 3, Lite), how many USB sticks you have, and if possible, please send the logs (from WinSCP, click on the Terminal button, and type "cat /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep dataMine"). The logs are most important, as without this it's difficult to see what's going on.

Chris

I have not used 6 months.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #542 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
Chris,
I uninstalled the old version and installed the new, from Vera's App tab. I put in the channels 3 times now... they disappear every day? I do not have a USB drive installed. The last version was working fine.

Is there anything I need to config in the dataMine settings after installing?

Offline Chris

« Reply #543 on: February 08, 2013, 11:31:59 am »
Chris,
I uninstalled the old version and installed the new, from Vera's App tab. I put in the channels 3 times now... they disappear every day? I do not have a USB drive installed. The last version was working fine.

Is there anything I need to config in the dataMine settings after installing?
Hi Aaron,
You need to set up the USB mount (or not), so yes, there are things that you need to configure in dataMine even if you're not using a USB stick.

Please can you post your settings (maybe a screen dump of the advanced page), and any dataMine log entries. I'll take a look and see if I can see anything.

Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #544 on: February 08, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »
I forgot about the fields, for some reason I was thinking it defaulted to a setting for no USB. I'm adding a USB.

two feature suggestions...

1) GUI warning if a user attempts to setup channels without having the Vera settings config'd  :)

2) it would be cool if there was an option to store the config (channels, etc) on the USB too... this might help those of us whos config is wiped with every update of dataMine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:29:00 pm by Aaron »

Offline Chris

« Reply #545 on: February 09, 2013, 03:50:35 am »
1) GUI warning if a user attempts to setup channels without having the Vera settings config'd  :)
If you haven't configured at least some of the dataMine config, then the plugin shouldn't start, and you shouldn't be able to set up the variables... Maybe I need to scrape down my old Vera 2 and try a new install just to check this out as I haven't done this for a few months...

2) it would be cool if there was an option to store the config (channels, etc) on the USB too... this might help those of us whos config is wiped with every update of dataMine.
The channel configuration is stored on the USB - all dataMine configuration, with the exception of the USB setup and a few other things line this, are stored in the dataMineConfig.json file in the /dataMine directory which should be on the USB... This is why I' surprised that your config is being wiped - it almost has to mean something is scraping down the USB (or something like that).

Cheers
Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #546 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:13 am »
Chris,
Yes, it was trying to load the GUI before I had input anything in the Advanced field. I have it logging now on USB.

One seemingly new issue:
In the past I had mentioned some strangeness where I was seeing odd things with channels... like the parent Thermostat having a child Door Lock. That is still there, but now I'm also seeing (see screenshot)...

Low Temp, High Temp, Humidity ... should all be under World Weather just like WindSpeed, etc.
Temperature ... is both under Thermostat and made its own parent. I verified the 'Service' under Properties is identical.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #547 on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:12 pm »
Aaron,

Low Temp, High Temp, and Humidity are under their respective child devices that the World Weather Plugin creates. The service id's are not part of the main device.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »
I see... this is quite confusing :)

I noticed many of the Category labels show Undefined. Maybe that can be more descriptive as to explain what the item is (Event, App, Parent Device, etc)?

Offline Chris

« Reply #549 on: February 09, 2013, 01:12:58 pm »
I see... this is quite confusing :)
It can be, and without wanting to confuse you more, you may find things turn up in more than one place  ???. I have an ST814 temp/humidity sensor - you will find the temperature and humidity under the parent device, and under the children it creates...

I noticed many of the Category labels show Undefined. Maybe that can be more descriptive as to explain what the item is (Event, App, Parent Device, etc)?
Unfortunately, I can't really just make it up  ;) Undefined, is the category as provided by Vera. This is simply showing how the variable is set up in Vera. Often with plugins, the category isn't set, so this is what you get.

All items in this list are "devices" - a device can have an app behind it, or it can be directly from an in-built Vera device. However, they are all still devices, and there's no real way to differentiate - other than with the category. Sorry... If anyone has any ideas on how better to handle this, I'm happy to look at it - I actually think that "category", as defined by Vera, isn't as useful as it could be anyway (but that's another story  ;)).

Cheers
Chris

Offline gengen

« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »
I also ran into the "all graphs deleted" problem if not logging to a USB stick. Defaults for USB or non-USB should be set up in the GUI without having to go into the command-line and do all sorts of setup.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »
... Defaults for USB or non-USB should be set up in the GUI without having to go into the command-line and do all sorts of setup.
It seems the Vera has very basic install methods/abilities so I don't think the Vera allows for the install of apps to interact with the user... to asking things like "Would you like to use USB?". I think the way Chris has it today is fine - it would be nice to have the dataMine web GUI check for the proper settings an let the user know if settings are missing. This would solve the problem IMO.

btw... nothing needs to be setup using command line - it is all in the Vera UI

Offline bucko

« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2013, 09:33:31 pm »
Hello Chris,

I want to try out your plugin. I assume I need to go to apps.mios to download it. But where do I find a guide for installing correctly to my Vera 3? I want to use a USB stick in the upper slot and also install another USB stick in the lower slot for Vera USB logging.

What is is method to do this so that I am assured that datamine logs to the upper slot and Vera logging only logs to the lower slot? I am worried that the mounts will get screwed up with each other.

Do you have an updated install docs somewhere I can use?

Thanks, Jack
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline Aaron

« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2013, 12:33:09 am »
Hello Chris,

I want to try out your plugin. I assume I need to go to apps.mios to download it. But where do I find a guide for installing correctly to my Vera 3? I want to use a USB stick in the upper slot and also install another USB stick in the lower slot for Vera USB logging.

What is is method to do this so that I am assured that datamine logs to the upper slot and Vera logging only logs to the lower slot? I am worried that the mounts will get screwed up with each other.

Do you have an updated install docs somewhere I can use?

Thanks, Jack

the first and only bolded post title in this forum... "dataMine manual"

Offline svaleb

« Reply #554 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:14 am »
Hi Cris
This is great work, thanks.
I have been following the development fore some time. At first I tried DM with the same stick as vera, but as foretold it went wrong.
Then there has been some confusion about how to maunt a stick into the othervera slot...and I halted.
Happy to see there is a solution now. I see there is new documentation.

@bucko
Thanks for putting the question direktly "can it bee done, or what".
Regards
           CE