We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287582 times)

Offline Xanlle

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #600 on: March 15, 2013, 06:17:22 am »
The dataMine plugin looks great. I installed it and plugged in a USB key. Specified the SetMountUUID property. The problem I have is that there are no channels. Device 'dataMine graphing and logging' shows -> Channels 0.
Any idea why?

http://192.168.1.100:3480/data_request?id=lr_dmCtrl&control=debug

-1-===========================================================================
-2-===========================================================================
-3-===========================================================================
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on /rom type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/mtdblock/4 on /overlay type jffs2 (rw)
mini_fo:/overlay on / type mini_fo (rw)
/dev/loop/0 on /mios type squashfs (ro)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /dataMine type ext3 (rw)
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on / type ext3 (rw)
-4-===========================================================================
-5-===========================================================================
SetDataDirectory-/dataMine
SetMountUUID    -6d314264-8a0a-48da-84a9-b6067aa2c6a3
SetMountPoint   -
SetManualMount  -0
-6-===========================================================================
{"Events":{"count":0,"last":0},"Version":"0.973","Variables":[],"Graphs":[],"guiConfig":[],"nextId":1}
-7-===========================================================================

Offline Chris

« Reply #601 on: March 15, 2013, 08:32:19 am »
Looking at your debug, there's a lot of issues that aren't clear... There is nothing in the log (this is the first section), there's nothing coming back from the report of USB sticks available (this is in the second block), and there's nothing coming back from the fdisk report (in the 4th section)....

On the positive side, the mount data does show that your USB is mounted - are you doing this manually? I also see the same USB stick mounted in two places - this is definitely bad news and needs to be looked at. If you haven't done anything manually, then I'd restart your Vera to remove this and see what comes up.

Code: [Select]
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on /dataMine type ext3 (rw)
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 on / type ext3 (rw)

The fact that there's nothing logged from dataMine itself is a bit strange - clearly it's running or it wouldn't be returning this debug report, but I would expect to see a lot of log entries when dataMine starts. Possibly the logs have been rotated between the time dataMine started and you getting the debug report, so I'd suggest that you click the reload button, then once Luup has restarted (say 1 minute later), click on the debug link and see what is there.

Hopefully this will provide more information that I can comment on.

Regarding your actual question of Channels=0, this is normal if you've not enabled any channels. To enable channels, you need to go to the Configuration tab, select the variables, select Logging to true and hit save....

Let me know how you get on...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Xanlle

« Reply #602 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:35 am »
Did a restart, removed the MountUUID and specified it again on the datamine graphing page. Enabled logging on some variables. Now it's working great.

Thanks for helping.

Offline darrenp

« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »
Hi,

I've been trying to get the plugin working but not having much luck.

I've installed everything as per the wiki page, but when opening the device and clicking on the Graph tab, I just get stuck on "Opening showHistory..." and a constant barber pole. Similar, just with "Opening showConfig..." instead.

The USB disk is definitely mounted ok, and from the log file it looks like it starts ok, just can't find a config file but as this is a first run that doesn't surprise me.

Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 4352      4352         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    31240       392     30848   1% /tmp
tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock7           11264      2400      8864  21% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay       11264      2400      8864  21% /
/dev/mtdblock8            4352      4352         0 100% /mios
/dev/sdb1              7653196       176   7264252   0% /tmp/log/cmh
/dev/sda1               519604        20    493188   0% /dataMine

root@MiOS_XXXXXXXX:/tmp/log/cmh# grep -i mine LuaUPnP.log
09 03/23/13 18:25:37.474 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run device 55 dataMine room 0 type urn:schemas-cd-jackson-com:device:DataMine:1 id  parent 0/0xce2cf8 upnp: 0 <0x2b7b8000>
50 03/23/13 18:25:44.549 luup_log:55: dataMine: Initialising Data Mining System __LEAK__ this:139264 start:692224 to 0x1060000 <0x2c0eb680>
50 03/23/13 18:25:44.550 luup_log:55: dataMine: Unable to open config file for read :: /dataMine/dataMineConfig.json <0x2c0eb680>
06 03/23/13 18:25:44.550 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 55 service: urn:cd-jackson-com:serviceId:DataMine1 variable: ChannelCnt was: 0 now: 0 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0xdf3008/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2c0eb680>
06 03/23/13 18:25:44.551 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 55 service: urn:cd-jackson-com:serviceId:DataMine1 variable: ChannelRec was: 0 now: 0 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2c0eb680>
50 03/23/13 18:25:44.551 luup_log:55: dataMine: Reinitialising configuration structure <0x2c0eb680>
50 03/23/13 18:25:44.552 luup_log:55: dataMine: Startup complete <0x2c0eb680>

Any pointers?

Offline Chris

« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »
I've installed everything as per the wiki page
Hi,
With UI-5, you should just install the plugin through the UI or apps.mios.com - the version on code.mios.com (which I assume is the one you mean) is for UI4 (from memory it wont work on UI5 as the graphing is very different.

If you've not used the version on apps.mios.com, I'd suggest removing the app, and installing from apps.mios.com so that we're starting from a known point.

If you have used this version, then can you click on the debug link in the dataMine app page (under the link to the GUI) and post the result.

Let me know how you go...

Cheers
Chris

Offline darrenp

« Reply #605 on: March 23, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »
Ah, that did it. Thanks!

Too used to the market stuff being the old software. :)

Offline Chris

« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2013, 06:39:19 pm »
Perfect - I should really make a note on the code.mios.com site to make this clearer...

Cheers
Chris

Offline oberjon

« Reply #607 on: April 01, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »
I have been trying unsuccessfully for some time to install the dataMine plugin.  I am using a VeraLite with firmware 1.5.622.  After installing, I set the SetMountPoint variable to /dev/sda1.  When I reload Luup, the status area shows dataMine graphing and logging[10] : Mounting dataMine storage device (/dev/sda1).  It is actually mounted, but I am unable to enter the dataMine GUI, and the message remains indefinitely.  If I reload again, I am given the message dataMine graphing and logging[10] : Startup Lua Failed.  If I manually unmount the directory and reload again, it goes back to the original message.

If I clear the SetMountPoint variable and manually unmount, I can enter the dataMine GUI where I am prompted for the USB UUID.  I select the USB drive and reload Luup.  This populates the SetMountUUID variable and mounts the drive, but again hangs with the dataMine graphing and logging[10] : Mounting dataMine storage device (/dev/sda1) message.  At this point, I am again not able to load the dataMine GUI without manually unmounting /dataMine.

I am never able to get past the USB selection dialog in the dataMine GUI.

Any advise on how to remedy this issue?  I've uninstalled, deleted and reloaded everything with no success.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:04:13 pm by oberjon »

Offline Chris

« Reply #608 on: April 01, 2013, 05:18:44 pm »
Hi,
This is likely to be the same problem as a couple of others have had. There was a bug introduced in the last version - I'll get an update out later in the week, but there is a fix if you want to try it - see here -: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13517.0.html

Cheers
Chris

Offline oberjon

« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »
Chris,

Thanks for the help.  I uploaded the updated L_DataMine1.lua file which took care of the messages I was receiving.  Now when I try to load the dataMine GUI, I get stuck at the screen shown in the attached image.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon

Offline haavard

« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2013, 07:40:53 am »
Hello,
I have an annoying problem with datamine I hope someone can help me with.
I had some temperature sensors that I logged​​. Then it turned out that I had mixed some of the sensors. Therefore I had to change the name of these in MCV. Now it seams like Datamine has not updated with the new names I have set i MCV. There are now different names in the configuration and the place were you choose channels.

hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Offline Chris

« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2013, 09:28:29 am »
Now it seams like Datamine has not updated with the new names I have set i MCV. There are now different names in the configuration and the place were you choose channels.
I'm not sure that I completely understand what you mean, but dataMine does not update its names when you update a device. This is because there are normally many variables associated with a device, so it can't just change the name or this would upset things where you are logging multiple variables on a device (which is quite normal). If you want to change the display name in dataMine, then simply go to the dataMine configuration, select the variable that you want to change, change "Display Name" and hit save.

I hope this is what you were after?

Chris

Offline Chris

« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2013, 09:35:27 am »
Thanks for the help.  I uploaded the updated L_DataMine1.lua file which took care of the messages I was receiving.  Now when I try to load the dataMine GUI, I get stuck at the screen shown in the attached image.  Any thoughts?
Hi Jon,
Sorry for the slow reply - I've been away from home for work...
I'll get an update out in the next day or so with a fix for this problem - I think that's the easiest way forward...

Cheers
Chris

Offline haavard

« Reply #613 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:38 am »
Now it seams like Datamine has not updated with the new names I have set i MCV. There are now different names in the configuration and the place were you choose channels.
I'm not sure that I completely understand what you mean, but dataMine does not update its names when you update a device. This is because there are normally many variables associated with a device, so it can't just change the name or this would upset things where you are logging multiple variables on a device (which is quite normal). If you want to change the display name in dataMine, then simply go to the dataMine configuration, select the variable that you want to change, change "Display Name" and hit save.

I hope this is what you were after?

Chris

I am not sure what happened, but I tried to exclude and include the sensor, and that fixed the problem. Thanks anyway! 

Offline Pshomectrl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:34 am »
Hi all
now, also with newest datamineverion...........0.975
Still same error as i had several days before.
dataMine graphing and logging[21] : Startup Lua Failed.
What can i do to have datamine running?
Thanks for help,
Paul