We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287582 times)

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
chris,

sent you a PM with logs.

Yes am running latest LUA (622)
Got it - thanks.

Question - do you have a Vera 2? This may explain why the diskspace doesn't work. I know that the fdisk command is not available on Vera 2, and this is not showing up in your logs (it should be between the -4- and -5-). It may be that the df command (which is used to get the disk space) may also not be available. I'll check this when I get a chance over the weekend.

Otherwise I don't see anything strange in your logs. As I said in my previous post, there's not been a lot of changes to dataMine in the past few weeks, so while I wouldn't rule anything out, I'd be surprised if there was a link here...

Cheers
Chris

YES vera2
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline vascodp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #631 on: April 21, 2013, 05:48:13 pm »
@Chris, I'm starting to explore DataMine (great job !) and I'm looking for a way to monitor whole house and segmented (per device / device type, room level...) energy consumption over a period of time (eg: last day / week / month). Are you planning for such features ? Any clue on how to implement them at the meanwhile ?

So, what I'm planning is usage per hour/day/week and month (from memory). This is largely implemented, but I've not spent a lot of time to test it out. When implemented, it will post process your current data, so it will work on historical data.  This will be implemented in the Lua on your Vera. In addition, the idea is for the GUI to then process this into the same energy categories as we've currently got.

That's the plan ;) Most of the data side is done, but I need to test it, and I'm currently away from home for work quite a bit  :( so I don't want to commit to a timescale right now. The other thing I also wanted to do at the same time is to migrate to a better file structure, since this generates a bunch more files....

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas on how to do this now - sorry.

Cheers
Chris

Chris, that sounds great ! It would be quite a powerful tool to help reducing energy consumption and to demonstrate the savings. Crossing my fingers  ;)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #632 on: April 25, 2013, 07:15:43 am »
@Chris,

Only recently got to noodle with your plug-in. (My Dad had a need for a data logger, so I set him up with a Vera 2 and your app. He loves it.)

Excellent stuff!
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline testeur765

« Reply #633 on: May 04, 2013, 06:01:14 pm »
Hello,

I'm using you plugin since several weeks and it is very great. Would it be possible to add some features in the energy dashboard ? We can see for now the current energy but would it be possible to see automatically the total energy for 1 day or for 1 month in Kwh (which is in fact just an addition of every stored data) ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Offline Chris

« Reply #634 on: May 04, 2013, 06:13:44 pm »
Hi,
I do plan to add extra functions along this line for a long...

The issue at the moment is retrieving historical data over a "long" period of time. This is especially an issue with energy data which updates very often (maybe every few seconds) - the quantity of data is very large, and this slows Vera down.

Hopefully, over the next few weeks I'll update the database issue, and will then be incorporating more historical functions (most of this is actually written). Then I'll take a look at revising the energy stats.

Cheers
Chris

Offline Mic

« Reply #635 on: May 29, 2013, 01:08:59 pm »
Hi chris,
               Thanks for the exellent plugin, maybe it has already ascked, i checked on your documentation and didn't find. I monitor most of my temperature sensor, is there a way to fix the max and min graph, so i will like to define themax and min in the left of the graph.

Thanks

Offline Mic

« Reply #636 on: May 29, 2013, 01:17:17 pm »
Also is there a way to have a direct url to a saved graph. Thank again

Offline Chris

« Reply #637 on: May 29, 2013, 01:30:24 pm »
               Thanks for the exellent plugin, maybe it has already ascked, i checked on your documentation and didn't find. I monitor most of my temperature sensor, is there a way to fix the max and min graph, so i will like to define themax and min in the left of the graph.
No - this is something that's on my list, but it's not currently implemented.

Also is there a way to have a direct url to a saved graph. Thank again
Yes - this should be in the doc. When you save a graph, you can give it a "quickview reference". Then you can call it with the /dm/graph.html?ref=<reference>. There are other options and these should be in the document. This is a new feature, so I welcome feedback...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Mic

« Reply #638 on: May 29, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »
Thanks will try it.

Offline Mic

« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »
It work, thanks, now i have my graph directly to my sqremote tab.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
Hi Chris,
It has been a while so I thought I'd check in to see if there were any updates coming soon?

I'm hoping for some 'measurement' features... like being able to have the system calculate the time for on/off cycles, etc. Thoughts?

Offline A.Ardon

« Reply #641 on: July 08, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »
I have the Data Mine App running for a few months.

Until last week I only had a smart meter for the KWH.
After they have replaced the gas pipe and gasmeter I also can read the gasmeter now.

Can I monitor and display my usage in datamine for the gas 'part'??
I can select the urn:brutgrink-com:serviceId:DutchSmartMeter, but no data is displayed.

1x VeraPlus UI7, Opentherm- Gateway, Powermax+,  Philips Hue, Dahua DVR, Yamaha RXV775, ect.

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #642 on: July 10, 2013, 05:38:03 am »
+1  see post #366/367 

with same error "https://fwd7.mios.com/dm/index.html"  when I click on "datamine graphic page" of the datamine app in MODULE TAB but datamine debug page access is successful.

UPDATE : OK when logging in Veralite using http://cp.mios.com   which points to IP Verlite 192.168.0.xxx
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:20:45 am by bottrader »
VeraLite+VeraEdge/EnOcean version US en UI7.1.17 + Vera Mobile UI7 V7.15.17.40 + Imperihome pro V2.8.3
Wall switch : Leviton VRS15 , Smart switch : Aeotec DSC24 , Motion sensor : Aeotec 4in1 DSB05 + Everspring HSP02 , Cameras Dlink 742L + Foscam 8910 + Foscam 9853EP

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #643 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:47 am »
Datamine can not be accessed from outside your vera network especially through the mios servers via cp.mios.com. The answer follows the posts numbers you posted.

- Garrett

Offline mal

« Reply #644 on: July 13, 2013, 04:56:16 am »
I feel like a voyeur always looking in here and never saying any thing, have had a vera 2 for about 2 years and just purchased the vera 3.
In that time I have muddled my way through getting apps working and some of the weird quirks of some devices EG 4 in one sensor even setup a vpn server at home but this has me stumped
this is what I did
setup 8 g usb stick on the bottom port and mounted it............. ok (I use the top port for logging)
got your app

found 5 of the 6 files in developers and uploaded them ...ok  couldn't  find   j_Datamine1.js

Changed setmount point to /dev/sda1 it is seeing the drive there is nothing in setmountuuid

Created a new device and changed it's setmount

Got winSCP had a bugger of a time with the password until i remembered I used a backup of my vera 2 on my vera 3 so I used the old password from my vera 2

Put the jason library in /usr/lib/lua

data_mine.png is where it should be

directory www/cmh/plugins is not there ??

not really sure what you mean by

Use WinSCP (or another SSH client) to upload the following files to Vera

Directory: /www/cmh/plugins/dataMine

All the GIF/PNG/JS files (other than the files listed above)

What gif/png/js files  ...scratches his head.....

I can go to the graphing page it does see all the devices but online status is showing errors of course

Probably just me but am stuck in a loop so any help would be great

50   07/13/13 18:48:18.320   luup_log:197: dataMine: Logging error logging variable 4::urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1::Watts <0x2b799680>
50   07/13/13 18:48:18.320   luup_log:197: dataMine: Unable to open file for write /dataMine/database/1/raw/2271.txt <0x2b799680>
50   07/13/13 18:48:18.320   luup_log:197: dataMine: Error: '/dataMine/database/1/raw/2271.txt: No such file or directory' <0x2b799680>