We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287574 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #660 on: September 15, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »
I use SCP to manage the files/folders

The logs are the .txt files - you don't have many. You might want to uninstall - deleted the \dataMine folder - then reinstall.

Offline HansW

« Reply #661 on: September 15, 2013, 12:52:03 pm »
Thanks Aaron.

I just discovered that the USB drive does not seem to mount. So the data I showed is in the unit and not on the USB drive. And for some reason the UUID in the datamine advanced settings tab differs from the two usb drives I have in my system.... One was used for system logging and the other for datamine. I cannot read them on Windows or Mac so I am in the blind. I tried mounting them both but both seem without a database directory......

I do hope I have not lost all logs....

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #662 on: September 15, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »
You have a few options. The USB will be formatted in Linux ext2/3 and you can insert them into another unix based system, router and see if they mount and share otherwise you can try a program like the one below.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/access-ext2-and-ext3-from-windows/

Offline brettow

« Reply #663 on: September 18, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
Firstly great plugin now i can finally turn off the hungry PC that was doing the same job.  ;D

I seem to have an odd problem though to do with where the data is being stored.

USB is mounted
/dev/sda1: LABEL="DATAMINE" UUID="CEC7-BEE8"

And I can see its registering correctly in dataMine with the size and type etc. (See pic)

However a dataMine folder has been created on the Vera root and everything seems to be logging to there.

Some caveats. Im running through a USB hub and also connected to the hub is a current cost Envi.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, played around with setting the mount points however still cant get it stable.

Offline chris66

« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2013, 06:49:55 am »
Hi Chris, when I select month or year, after downloading data, I have Warning: Data truncated due to timeout. Is there a place to increase timeout ? Thanks.

Maybe I was not explicit enough, here the output I get for one year, or even for one month. One  week is ok...

Offline a-lurker

Offline chris66

« Reply #666 on: September 20, 2013, 10:59:04 am »
Thanks a-lurker, but I've already tried that with 30 and I have the following error message: Error downloading data from vera response =0

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #667 on: September 22, 2013, 07:16:43 am »
I'm just getting back into configuring dataMine.  I tried a few years ago on UI4 but wasn't about to get it to work.  I'm now on a Vera 2, UI5, and just this morning I've installed the plugin from the marketplace.

1GB USB formatted FAT32, top USB port. SetMountPoint set to /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 .  My USB stick is labeled DATAMINE, so my SetMountUUID is DATAMINE.

Upon starting up the graphing page, I get this dialog:

link to screen shot

When I click "save," I get a message to restart Luup (at this point, errorStatus in dM is "true"); I do that, then return to the graphing page & see that it says Vera has restarted & I should restart the dM GUI (but that would just put me back into the loop).  I click "OK" and I'm able to see the dM GUI, but there are no channels available:

link to screen shot - Online status is red. dM has errors.

...then when I return to the advanced screen of dM, my SetMountUUID has changed to E2BC-A35C.

EDIT: Vera logging to USB is off.  There are no other USB drives installed in Vera.

EDIT 2: I found via WinSCP there was no "datamine" folder in the root directory.  I added that, rebooted a few times, but errorStatus is still true...  looking for datamineConfig.json.  It's not in the supplied ZIP file.

EDIT 3: I went through & stripped out any dM files from my attempt at getting it working on UI4.  Restarted Luup a few times, then reloaded the plugin through the Marketplace.  errorStatus = false.  Added SetMountPoint and SetMountUUID as above.  errorStatus = true.  Went to dM GUI, selected my USB drive, and then got a new error:

link to screen shot

...couldn't do anything from here except close the window.  Went back to UI5, reloaded, restarted dM GUI.  errorStatus = true, DATAMINE still in SetMountUUID field.  Manually populated that field with E2BC-A35C and restarted.  Returned to dM GUI, reloaded, still in error.

I'm not sure what else to do here.  I have a datamine directory in root, but it's empty.  If I have to populate it, I'm not sure with what.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:53:59 am by DeltaNu1142 »
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Aaron

« Reply #668 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:37 am »
DeltaNu1142
Unless you have a backup of your prior data (dataMine folder & subfolders/files) I suggest you uninstall DM and deleted all folders using WinSCP - then reinstall.

If you DO have a backup and want to keep it, then look at my last post here...
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16243.msg127910.html#new

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #669 on: September 22, 2013, 10:22:03 am »
Unless you have a backup of your prior data (dataMine folder & subfolders/files) I suggest you uninstall DM and deleted all folders using WinSCP - then reinstall.
I already did that:
I went through & stripped out any dM files from my attempt at getting it working on UI4.  Restarted Luup a few times, then reloaded the plugin through the Marketplace.  errorStatus = false.  Added SetMountPoint and SetMountUUID as above.  errorStatus = true.  Went to dM GUI, selected my USB drive, and then got a new error:

link to screen shot

...couldn't do anything from here except close the window.  Went back to UI5, reloaded, restarted dM GUI.  errorStatus = true, DATAMINE still in SetMountUUID field.  Manually populated that field with E2BC-A35C and restarted.  Returned to dM GUI, reloaded, still in error.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #670 on: September 22, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »
FYI, attached is a screen shot of all the dM files I could find on Vera post-uninstall via "plugins" page on MiOS.  Now deleted & will try again.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #671 on: September 22, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »
errorStatus = false...  but no channels showing.  I currently have one sensor & one dimmer module in Vera.  This is a fresh install, making no changes to log to the USB drive.

When I start the graphing page, I get the USB dialog.  I have the USB drive installed in the upper slot in Vera, but haven't done any configuration for it on this install.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #672 on: September 28, 2013, 07:06:35 pm »
New user so please be gentle...

I have installed the plug-in from the marketplace and a new device ("dataMine graphing and logging") has appeared.

I have formatted a USB-drive (and named it DATAMINE) and plugged it in the Vera Lite (in a USB-hub together with another USB-drive for logs). I have entered DATAMINE in SetMountUUID under Settings->Advanced.

The installation manual says that I then should run the GUI. When I click "dataMine graphing page" under Settings->dataMine I receive this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /dm/index.html was not found on this server."

Should I start the GUI from somewhere else? My laptop and my Vera Lite is on the same wifi network.

Online parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #673 on: September 29, 2013, 03:25:49 am »
When I click "dataMine graphing page" under Settings->dataMine I receive this error:

"Not Found

Can you check if the web folder www/dm/ is there?

You can do this by logging on as root e.g Via WinSCP. Looking at mine via a terminal app I can see the following.

root@MiOS_35111111:/www/dm# ls
dataMine.css        extjs               images              js
dataMineWeb.tar.gz  graph.html          index.html

If not, then you may want to try installing it again.
If it is, then it might well be due to how you're accessing it, i.e I don't believe you can access the dm web interface remotely, you have to be on the same LAN for it to work.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #674 on: September 29, 2013, 04:56:59 am »
When I click "dataMine graphing page" under Settings->dataMine I receive this error:

"Not Found

Can you check if the web folder www/dm/ is there?

You can do this by logging on as root e.g Via WinSCP. Looking at mine via a terminal app I can see the following.

root@MiOS_35111111:/www/dm# ls
dataMine.css        extjs               images              js
dataMineWeb.tar.gz  graph.html          index.html

If not, then you may want to try installing it again.
If it is, then it might well be due to how you're accessing it, i.e I don't believe you can access the dm web interface remotely, you have to be on the same LAN for it to work.

My fault. I was a retard.

I thought I accessed the Vera locally because the local IP-address was shown in the UI5. However, when I checked my bookmark it was for https://cpui5.mios.com, not the local IP-address.

Datamines GUI is now possible to access and I have learned to use WinSCP, so it was a constructive mistake... ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:03:35 pm by n0ir »