We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287582 times)

Offline DeltaNu1142

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #720 on: December 02, 2013, 02:55:34 pm »
@DeltaNu1142 ? I will let you know how I get on when I have a go at this.  Success rate seems high so far so hopefully you and I can join a working solution
That would be great!

I will likely not have a chance to try this until a few weeks from now.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline bubaleta

« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2013, 02:27:09 am »
I have it running just fine for over a month without any problems...

I wrote a very detailed guide about installing datamine, including the possibility of loving to a sinology NAS.
I will translate it some time soon but for now it is only in spanish, but it has enough images to make it simple to understand.

http://domoticaparatodos.com/book-review/manual-de-instalacion-del-plugin-datamine-en-vera-parte-1/

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #722 on: December 06, 2013, 08:29:16 am »
All of a sudden I can't reach my saved graphs with the direct html links. Is this a known bug?

Offline Otje

« Reply #723 on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »
here everything works OK
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #724 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »
Very strange. I can't get night shading to work either. I wonder what has happened? Both this and direct html links have worked before.

Offline dferrey

« Reply #725 on: December 06, 2013, 02:55:20 pm »
Is there a tutorial or something similar where I can get a basic understanding of when I can expect updates from the channels I'm graphing?

I'm starting slowly by adding the current temps from my Trane and Aeon Multisensor.  The trane updates pretty regularly although not on any obvious, to me, schedule.  The Aeon rarely updates.  Where can I look to find out when the updates will happen and if that can be altered?

Thanks.

Offline Otje

« Reply #726 on: December 06, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »
@freddan101

There may be a few reasons: anything happened to your browser? Do you see the same when viewing from another computer? Maybe rebooting vera might help

@dferrey
My experience is that the update of the signal depends on how frequently the sensor sends out an update. There is no regular polling with fixed frequency. Any change will be logged and sometimes the signal does not change for a lomg time.  i could not find a manual for this.
VERA Plus, VERA 3 Lite , couple of PIR's, several switch units, wall mounted tablet, Sonos integration with TTS, Temperature sensors, Imperihome, Zwave LED bulbs

Offline HansW

« Reply #727 on: December 15, 2013, 10:16:48 am »
I love Datamine but I have had problems with the data disappearing multiple times now.

After reinstalling everything workes fine for about a week or a bit more and then I loose everything again.

I have 2 usb drives connected via a hub and it looks like Datamine without cause switches to sda1 to sdb1.

Is this a known bug and what can I do? I need the Hub since I have a RFX433 device as well.

Any help appreciated even if I have to reconfigure all 34 channels again for the xxxth time!

Hans

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #728 on: December 15, 2013, 11:52:03 am »
If you search a little harder, you'll notice that this is a Vera issue when using multiple usb drives. The mount point can change on Vera reboot and this could be the reason why you loose data or data is not being recorded. What is the second usb drive being used for logging?

- Garrett

Offline HansW

« Reply #729 on: December 15, 2013, 01:06:03 pm »
Thanks Garret,

indeed it is used for logging. In the Datamine manual I read that a second USB is preferred. I have seen a reformatting of the logging USB drive also so I understand that. What can I do to get a properly working system though without having to check its status weekly?

Hans

Offline bucko

« Reply #730 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:12 pm »
This is a known issue by MCV. I put in a support ticket for this problem a few weeks ago, and "They are still working on it" according to Chris. Until then I have turned off USB logging in Vera,
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #731 on: December 16, 2013, 02:31:16 am »
Back a few posts are links to logging to NAS instead of USB. Then USB can be used for Vera logging only. This aparently solves the issues by removing the need for two USB drives. I am still to impliment but initial reading of posts seems positive.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #732 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56:09 am »
Back a few posts are links to logging to NAS instead of USB. Then USB can be used for Vera logging only. This aparently solves the issues by removing the need for two USB drives. I am still to impliment but initial reading of posts seems positive.
I would love to do this, but I've run into a snag with CIFS for Vera 2. Apparently, the packages work for Vera 3 only. I could not install them.
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #733 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:19 am »
Oh, not great news there then. Sory that's all I am aware of as a soloution untill mcv make changes. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #734 on: December 16, 2013, 06:43:09 pm »
I do not use datamine ... but if I did this is how I work around the problem:

1) Turn off USB logging on Vera ... This is the flaky software that's causing the problem.
2) Mount the USB disk for Data Mine ... that seems to be reliable.
3) Make a cmh directory on the Data Mine USB disk.
4) Remame your existing /tmp/log/cmh to /tmp/log/cmhtemp
5) Make /tmp/log/cmh  a symbolic link to the cmh directory on the data mine USB disk.
6) Move all of your existing log files to cmh disk on the Datamine disk.
    You may have to kill all programs writing to this area for now ... the will restart when you HARD Boot Vera.

Now you have one USB disk for Data Mine and Vera Logs.