We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 290196 times)

Offline Freddan101

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #735 on: December 18, 2013, 02:36:36 am »
@freddan101

There may be a few reasons: anything happened to your browser? Do you see the same when viewing from another computer? Maybe rebooting vera might help
I've tried different browsers from different machines and rebooted Vera but I just can't load any of my saved graphs. I just get the animated, blue circle.

The DataMine interface works flawlessly otherwise.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #736 on: December 31, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »
@bubaleta,  thank you for the link to your detailed guide and link to storing to nas.  I am using to store to an always on w7 machine instead of NAS and works great so far, thank you for sharing. I can now use USB for Vera logging only and other USB port for rfx without a need for a USB hub and extra USB pen drive.

Just to add a little extra detail - I too had the usb selecting issues originally so I just uninstalled the datamine app then installed it again adding in the correct parameters under the advanced tab as described in @bubaleta's post / blog. this fixed that issue.

As for the w7 part I simply created a user on my w7 machine and logged into it so it became active.  then under the main user that is always logged in I created a folder called Vera logs and simply shared this with the new user created.  I then used this user in the data mine details as would be done with a NAS.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:54:45 am by LightsOn »

Offline Aegis

« Reply #737 on: January 07, 2014, 06:56:21 am »
I can't seem to get on first base with this plugin.  Formatted the USB with fat32 default partition size.  Drive works fine in PC but plugin just doesn't seem to pick it up.  SetMountPoint is /dev/sda1 for my VeraLite...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:57:52 am by Aegis »

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #738 on: January 07, 2014, 07:21:08 am »
Hi ageis,

Doulble check mount point. Reload Vera a few times if recently installed plugin, last resort uninstall and reinstall plugin.  On USB drive no specific partition needed just format and lable entire volume.

Offline Aegis

« Reply #739 on: January 07, 2014, 07:23:57 am »
Hi ageis,

Doulble check mount point. Reload Vera a few times if recently installed plugin, last resort uninstall and reinstall plugin.  On USB drive no specific partition needed just format and lable entire volume.

I set "Store Logs on USB device" and apparently Vera configured the USB then dataMine recognized the USB.  I guess I will now uncheck that function so logs are stored at MCV with no conflict?  edit: If I uncheck "Store Logs on USB device," it no longer recognizes the USB...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:27:42 am by Aegis »

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #740 on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:38 am »
Yes. Back a few posts is the USB conflict explained, the cifs soloution works well. Uncheck store logs for vera to USB so it works normaly then start a fresh with datamine going to its own USB. Hope this helps.

Offline Aegis

« Reply #741 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:29 am »
So now I have it working again with "Store Logs on USB Device" checked.  The SetMountPoint & mountlocation variables are blank however.  Is this possibly the issue?  Do I need to specify these variables before I uncheck "Store Logs on USB Device?"

Offline C4Vette

« Reply #742 on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:18 am »
I also had a lot of problems with keeping the USB drives correct mounted. Although I know how to correctly edit the fstab and use UUID's it still went wrong after a few reboots. My problem was I wanted to use two seperate sticks, one for logging and one for datamine. I did manage to get it working, but after a few reboots the logging grabbed the wrong stick and formatted it.
Now I use just one stick with two partitions. I took a 4Gig and let the logging feature grab the first 500MB and then stuck the stick in a Linux-machine (Windows could not do anything with the unused 3.5 Gig's) and used Parted to create a second partition with FAT
I think (not sure!) that datamine doesn't 'see' the stick if it is not FAT formatted. That's why the manual says to do the formatting on a Windows-PC. The put it back in my VeraLite and datamine saw the second partition and is still using it. The Vera is not often rebooted since then a lot but it is looking good.
@Aegis:
You wrote: "I guess I will now uncheck that function so logs are stored at MCV with no conflict?"
But that's not correct, unless you mean with "MCV" your Vera. If you don't use a stick the logging uses internal memory and there isn't a lot of that available!
VeraLite UI7 1.7.649
Fan of: PLEG, DataYours, dutchSmartMeter, MySensors

Offline Aegis

« Reply #743 on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:52 am »
I also had a lot of problems with keeping the USB drives correct mounted. Although I know how to correctly edit the fstab and use UUID's it still went wrong after a few reboots. My problem was I wanted to use two seperate sticks, one for logging and one for datamine. I did manage to get it working, but after a few reboots the logging grabbed the wrong stick and formatted it.
Now I use just one stick with two partitions. I took a 4Gig and let the logging feature grab the first 500MB and then stuck the stick in a Linux-machine (Windows could not do anything with the unused 3.5 Gig's) and used Parted to create a second partition with FAT
I think (not sure!) that datamine doesn't 'see' the stick if it is not FAT formatted. That's why the manual says to do the formatting on a Windows-PC. The put it back in my VeraLite and datamine saw the second partition and is still using it. The Vera is not often rebooted since then a lot but it is looking good.
@Aegis:
You wrote: "I guess I will now uncheck that function so logs are stored at MCV with no conflict?"
But that's not correct, unless you mean with "MCV" your Vera. If you don't use a stick the logging uses internal memory and there isn't a lot of that available!

Thanks for the clarification.  After reading your post, I looked up the Vera Lite internal memory to discover my 4GB USB far exceeds whats in the device.  I still would like to know how I keep it working if I uncheck "Store Logs on USB Device."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:50:51 am by Aegis »

Offline C4Vette

« Reply #744 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:51 am »
So now I have it working again with "Store Logs on USB Device" checked.  The SetMountPoint & mountlocation variables are blank however.  Is this possibly the issue?  Do I need to specify these variables before I uncheck "Store Logs on USB Device?"
Sooner or later, after a reboot, the MiOS logging will steal the partition and format it  :'(
I did fill in "SetMountpoint" with /dev/sda2 (dito for 'mountlocation') but that is because it is the second partition on the same stick as the logging is. And I'm still not sure if it will be OK after more reboots!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:52:52 am by C4Vette »
VeraLite UI7 1.7.649

Offline Aegis

« Reply #745 on: January 07, 2014, 08:52:51 am »
Sooner or later, after a reboot, the MiOS logging will steal the partition and format it  :'(
I did fill in "SetMountpoint" with /dev/sda2 but that is because it is the second partition on the same stick as the logging is. And I'm still not sure if it will be OK after more reboots!

Gotcha...wait and see.  When I filled in those variables, it stopped working.  So I will leave them blank and keep the box checked for a few days at least.   ???

Offline C4Vette

« Reply #746 on: January 07, 2014, 08:59:15 am »
If I do understand correctly you are using just one USB-stick. Right?
And you have 'Store logs on USB device' enabled. Right?
If these two are correct then all your datamine data is going to the Vera and not to the stick.
Check with the command 'mount' (via PuTTY SSH) which directory is mounted to which device.
VeraLite UI7 1.7.649

Offline Aegis

« Reply #747 on: January 07, 2014, 09:30:59 am »
If I do understand correctly you are using just one USB-stick. Right?
And you have 'Store logs on USB device' enabled. Right?
If these two are correct then all your datamine data is going to the Vera and not to the stick.
Check with the command 'mount' (via PuTTY SSH) which directory is mounted to which device.

Yes, Vera Lite only has 1 USB slot
Yes 'Store logs on USB device' enabled
Have no idea how to Check with the command 'mount' (via PuTTY SSH) which directory is mounted to which device.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #748 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:38 am »
You can safely use a usb hub and multiple usb sticks. Works perfectly also after reboot
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #749 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:20 am »
You can safely use a usb hub and multiple usb sticks. Works perfectly also after reboot

I have to disagree in line with the many points in this thread. Using a hub has either data mine and or Vera getting confused on reboot, maybe not every time but test show it is unreliable and deletions of data is seen. The cifs route is the way to go.

If however you have managed to sucsessfuly use of a hub, two sticks one for Vera logging and one for datamine, then please do share the settings as this would be a far easier soloution if you do in fact have it running as desired. :-)