We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287582 times)

Offline bfromdruten

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2012, 06:53:44 pm »
Does someone know if this plugin is working correctly with UI5?

Thanks

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2012, 09:33:20 pm »
I do not believe the developer ported it over to UI5 yet.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »
It would be great if Chris would chime in... it has been a while since he posted and I'd like to know if UI5 is going ot be supported soon. I have a Vera3 and in need of his awesome work  ;D

Offline JohnR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2012, 01:27:35 pm »
Chris, just from me, sorry so pathetic re: thanking you for effort in your earlier reply.  I haven't even waded into the renaming exercise on the CSVs yet (after two months) largely because I'm being killed by hardware availability issues more than software logging -- Brultech GreenEye Monitor and Aeon Smart Energy (Micro) switches.  Hard to know which of these two outfits is better at the "should be just a matter of weeks" game.

Your plugin, which is in a 'don't mess with something working', and hence UI4, set-up is important enough to me, that I haven't even thought about shifting up.  In the event MCV is reading this, important software tool to be able to log data like this to USB port on the Vera.

Thanks as ever for contribution to the cause and your software.  In fact, it is because I caught this post that I bought the Vera in the first place.

JohnR

Offline Aaron

« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »
It is unfortunate that Chris seems to have abandoned this project, and possibly the community. He has not posed here in 2 months - even though he has been on the forums and as soon as 4 days ago.

I suspect that porting to UI5 is probably a decent amount of work but should not be even close to a total rewrite.

seeing this plugin die is very sad.

Offline JohnR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »
Well, possible I suppose, as these 'hobby efforts' often suffer from a level of enthusiasm that I was actually impressed with how long Chris kept at it and engaged.  Motivation is interest and 'newness' more than anything that's fun once it becomes a job.  (I know that's the case with me.)

However, could well be Chris is simply caught up with day job, trying to ensure rent / mortgage paid, etc.  Not on here much just because he wouldn't have much to say other than 'sorry I've been off air for so long, but I will get back to this when I can'.

As/when this data logging becomes central to business for me/us, I'll pick up pieces and figure out who might be able to with what UI, if we have any reliability issues, whether need to move to different system, who might be available to be paid to get what done, etc.  For now, I'm not rocking the boat or messing with anything on my Vera set-up.  I'm just lucky that the boat's not being rocked by any other pressures at the moment.

But also agreed, would be a real shame if somehow this plugin couldn't gain somehow more of a life beyond Chris's yeoman efforts,

JohnR

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24:54 am »
I just wanted to let you know that Chris hasn't abandoned this plugin and he's working on a new version of the plugin. He'll give you more details when he gets back on the forum.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2012, 04:47:43 am »
That is great news MCVFlorin.

- Garrett

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2012, 04:53:24 am »
I just wanted to let you know that Chris hasn't abandoned this plugin and he's working on a new version of the plugin. He'll give you more details when he gets back on the forum.

Maybe without the need of USB or ssh the system?

It would be great

---
I am here: ?2b5x2k

Offline Aaron

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »
very happy to hear that!

Offline Chris

« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »
Hi all,
Unfortunately I had to "disappear" for a month or so for a close family bereavement, so I was in New Zealand for a month without access to Vera (and I live in the UK), and since returning things have been a "bit busy". Anyway, while there I played around in my spare time on my PC and have come up with a different plugin. (actually, the Lua plugin is nearly the same, the web interface is completely different). This will provide a full web interface (ie not embedded in a UI window), which gives more room for graphs etc. It also opens up other avenues for future improvement, but the basic stuff is all but working.

Hopefully I'll get this out in the next week or so. I've now got the web install working (due to the number of files, it's too difficult to put everything through the marketplace system).

Unfortunately it still requires messing with USB files etc. This is basically unavoidable I think unless you just want to log a small amount of data. The installation should be easier though...

More to follow, and appologies for the lack of recent time with this...

Chris

Offline nickrwym

« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2012, 03:35:59 am »
Welcome back Chris. We had missed you

I had a strange effect on the one wire server which I have posted on that thread. It seems to need an active internet connection for Vera to read temperature successfully from the one wire server.

I look forward to the updated datamine. If we could access the graphs remotely it would be even better!

Nick

Offline Chris

« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:40 pm »
I had a strange effect on the one wire server which I have posted on that thread. It seems to need an active internet connection for Vera to read temperature successfully from the one wire server.
Hi Nick,
Yes, I briefly saw that post, but didn't really think too much about it. I've seen strange "networky things" happening with Vera in the past, so it may be that. when I get a chance, I'll take another look (time's a bit short at the mo).

Offline Chris

« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2012, 07:19:01 pm »
I just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the new dataMine. As I said previosly, the plugin configuration side will look largely the same as it does on UI4 - you select the channels in the same way. Where things change completely is the web UI - this will now be at http://my-vera/dm rather than in the UI5 window. The initial driver for this was just getting dataMine to work under UI5.

Compatibility between different javascript libraries was a big issue, and it wasn't something I could easily overcome. However, it has another big benefit - it allows a cleaner, larger user interface that isn't restricted by UI5 limitations. Currently, it's quite limited in what it can do - roughly similar to the UI4 plugin (actually it's lacking a few features still compared to UI4), but I have some ideas for improvement when I get the time.

So, the attached pics show the current UI - I'll hopefully have this released in a few days (I'm just sorting out moving my operational unit from Vera2/UI4 to Vera3/UI5 to make sure everything still works...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »
Hello Chris,

Welcome back and that looks great. Looking forward to seeing the final implementation. It addresses several of the shortfalls with Vera and will provide a great reporting capability that is really lacking.

Regards
Tim