We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287704 times)

Offline Chris

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #285 on: June 11, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »
Interesting question - one for which I thought there'd be a really simple answer :)  but.......

I've not used UI5 for long, so I'm not sure to be honest! I thought it was meant to update automagically - ie. when Lua starts, I thought it automatically checked for plugin updates and installed them. In the app configuration I've ticked a box caused auto update. I've already got V0.92 installed, but if you go to Apps | My Apps, what version does it say is installed?

It should be easy (shouldn't it? ;))

Cheers
Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

Also, if you do a search for data mine, when it is already installed, UI5 shows no results.

once I uninstalled, it shows (v .92) and I can reinstall it.

You might want to ping MCV to see if this is a "feature" or a bug

BTW - I got the same error after trying to open the graph... before clicking 'Reload'

Also, it would be nice to be able to remove Channels from the graph's menu - it creates clutter, especially for people like me who didn't want them in the first place and was just trying to get things tested/working.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:15:57 pm by Aaron »

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #287 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:45 pm »
Plugins are updated automatically. It could take a bit before they get updated.

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #288 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »
Plugins are updated automatically.

... that is not a desirable feature.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »
Plugins are updated automatically.

... that is not a desirable feature.

Yup, already being tracked for completeness of implementation:
    http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2124

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »
Picked up a couple usb drives as I am running low and installed the datamine plugin today. I must say it works a treat. I now just have to figure out what data I want to start graphing.

Question: What is the difference between sensor graph and status graph?

- Garrett

Offline Aaron

« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26:00 pm »
Picked up a couple usb drives as I am running low and installed the datamine plugin today. I must say it works a treat. I now just have to figure out what data I want to start graphing.

Question: What is the difference between sensor graph and status graph?

- Garrett

To broaden the question a bit... can you give a description of all the controls on the Graph? There is no mouse-over description and just by playing with it, it is difficult to know what they do.

And... when a channel seems to be providing no data, it would be great if that channel was excluded (or marked somehow) so the user does not select that Channel and muddy up his/her graph menu.  There are things like 'Thermostat - CurrentSetPoint'  which I think should be providing data (?) but has a red exclamation point on it in the menu... so, I'm not sure ifthe device is not providing that data, or if there is something wrong and dataMine is not able to use the data, or???

Offline Gommasch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2012, 03:16:06 am »
I have installed the Datamine Graphing and Logging Plugin under apps but none of them show a "Graph" page. Is it not enough to add the app under apps or do I have to add some files manually ?
Done on several different MiCasaVerde Lite's with UI5 1.5.346-391 (they all act the same).

Offline Chris

« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2012, 04:09:19 am »
I have installed the Datamine Graphing and Logging Plugin under apps but none of them show a "Graph" page. Is it not enough to add the app under apps or do I have to add some files manually ?
Done on several different MiCasaVerde Lite's with UI5 1.5.346-391 (they all act the same).

You need to follow the instructions on post 264 of this thread. There are some files that need to be manually included at this stage, and you also really need to install a USB stick to store the data (not 100% essential, but advisable).

However, there is no "graph" page as such. You need to go to the plugin properties page where it lists the number of channels being logged, and further down that page there's a link. If you click that, you'll end up on another web page which is actually /dm. This has the GUI for dataMine.

Once MCV update the Vera software (which is due any time now) to fix a timeout problem, then I will be able to install the GUI file automatically as well.

Chris

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2012, 05:11:13 am »
Two separate issues I've encountered...  using UI4.  I admittedly haven't read every page of this thread:

Following the readme.txt in the OP, I've uploaded all files to Vera (including the json.lua file), but I haven't found this file:

Modify the /etc/init.d.custom-user-startup file to add the line -:
   mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /dataMine &
This ensures the USB stick is remapped when Vera restarts

I have not yet mounted a USB drive, but I wanted to at least check if I could select variables to log/graph.  I'm unable to, so far:

http://i.imgur.com/OxNM0.png

I've followed all steps from the readme.txt file aside from mounting the USB drive.  Where did I go wrong, do you think?
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline Chris

« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2012, 05:37:31 am »
Following the readme.txt in the OP, I've uploaded all files to Vera (including the json.lua file), but I haven't found this file:

Modify the /etc/init.d.custom-user-startup file to add the line -:
   mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /dataMine &
This ensures the USB stick is remapped when Vera restarts
/quote]

This file doesn't always exist - if it's not there, just create it and add the lines as per the instructions. I should admit, it's been a while since I looked at the readme, but it may miss some steps associated with remapping the USB on startup. This is covered in the instructions on http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_datamine.

Chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2012, 05:42:21 am »
from what I've read in a previous post, this will not work with UI4. It is UI5 only.
The new version I am referring to.

- Garrett
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:44:09 am by garrettwp »

Offline Chris

« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:36 am »
from what I've read in a previous post, this will not work with UI4. It is UI5 only.
The new version I am referring to.

Yes - you can't (currently) use the UI5 version of dataMine on UI4. I'm assuming that @DeltaNu1142 is using the old version as I haven't posted the actual plugin files except on the marketplace, but it is good to clarify this.

The USB part should be exactly the same as it's really OpenWRT dependant, and not UI dependant.

Chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:39 am »
Chris,

It looks like datamine does not record device variables that are not numbers. I am trying to have datamine graph my thermostat using the modestate to see how long my thermostat is operating in what mode and so far datamine is not recording any values. It shows up with a red ! in the graph webpage.

- Garrett

Offline Chris

« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2012, 06:19:28 am »
It looks like datamine does not record device variables that are not numbers. I am trying to have datamine graph my thermostat using the modestate to see how long my thermostat is operating in what mode and so far datamine is not recording any values. It shows up with a red ! in the graph webpage.

Can you provide a bit more information? I'm currently logging the Google Weather wind direction, and it plots fine. The logging itself should go straight into the TXT files in the /dataMine directory just as it comes in from the devices. What dataMine does do though, is it creates a lookup table of text -> numbers so that it can graph numbers, but display text in the axis.

I've not seen a red ! in the graph webpage before. I suspect the best thing may be to capture the transaction between the GUI and Vera if you have Firebug installed? If not, (and maybe as well?) then a bit more info is needed for me to debug this.

Cheers
Chris