We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287577 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #330 on: July 05, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »
Chris, can you post the new code? I'd like to try to install today... I leave town Sunday for a week.

Offline Chris

« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2012, 04:07:14 am »
Chris, can you post the new code? I'd like to try to install today... I leave town Sunday for a week.
I've attached the Lua file, but I hope that MCV will be able to approve this today (assuming they don't find any issues with it!).

Chris

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2012, 04:34:38 am »
I approved version 0.94. It installed fine for me on 1.5.407 and it looked like it worked correctly.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2012, 04:51:53 am »
I approved version 0.94. It installed fine for me on 1.5.407 and it looked like it worked correctly.

Installed fine on 1.5.408 as well. Working fine.
Thanks again Chris.

Offline Chris

« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2012, 05:26:26 am »
Perfect - thanks Florin.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #335 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

my dataMine is still showing at .92 - autoupdate is enabled

shouldn't it check for updates at login each time?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:44 am »

No, it checks once every 24 hours.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #337 on: July 06, 2012, 10:14:26 am »

No, it checks once every 24 hours.

I'd like to suggest a feature request:

Under APPS sections... "Check Now for Updates" button

Having a set 24 hour period makes sense but there needs to be a way to force updates

Offline Chris

« Reply #338 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:16 am »
Having a set 24 hour period makes sense but there needs to be a way to force updates

I completely agree with this - automatic updates are fine, but there needs to be a manual update button. This is possibly even more necessary if/when the auto update feature is disabled (which I think is going to be an option in an upcoming release?).

Chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #339 on: July 06, 2012, 11:14:54 am »
I can confirm that mine has updated to .94. I believe if you hit the reload button it should check for updates on the plugins. It can not see my config or saved graph data. Looking at the advanced tab, everything appears to be ok. But is shows zero for total channels and channels. Going to the website pops up an error saying it can not find the data files.

- Garrett

Error in log:

50      07/06/12 11:23:11.403   luup_log:125: dataMine: Initialising dataMine System <0x2b817680>
50      07/06/12 11:23:11.467   luup_log:125: dataMine: Mounting dataMine storage (/dataMine) <0x2b817680>
50      07/06/12 11:23:11.635   luup_log:125: dataMine: Mount point error: /dev/sda1::/dataMine <0x2b817680>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:24:30 am by garrettwp »

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2012, 11:27:04 am »
@Chris

Will this work concurrently with using the USB stick for the system logs?

Everything appears to be working and the only difference I can see is the mountType (mine shows the Linux file system EXT3 and your example shows the Windows VFAT). I won't be able to check if it is actaully collecting and storing until late tonight.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:47:30 am by Trotsky40 »
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2012, 11:38:16 am »
Just wanted to post an update. I looked at the lua dataMine code and did some diagnosing. Found that the variable SetMountPoint needed to be set to the device of the usb drive. This field was empty. Since my usb drive is located at /dev/sda1, I simply set SetMountPoint to /dev/sda1 and reloaded the lua engine and all appears to be working.

- Garrett

Offline Chris

« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2012, 11:45:03 am »
Just wanted to post an update. I looked at the lua dataMine code and did some diagnosing. Found that the variable SetMountPoint needed to be set to the device of the usb drive. This field was empty. Since my usb drive is located at /dev/sda1, I simply set SetMountPoint to /dev/sda1 and reloaded the lua engine and all appears to be working.

Yes - this is as per the instructions  ;)

I guess you already had a drive mounted, but the idea here is to eliminate the need to mess around with the custom_startup file etc to mount the USB drive. This is now all done by the plugin (as you've seen).

Cheers
Chris

Offline Chris

« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:17 am »
No - this mounts a USB drive directly to the /dataMine mount point. I don't know where the log USB function mounts to (maybe MCV can comment). If it is mounted on startup, then it may be possible to point the dataMine configuration into the same drive. I couldn't get the logging to USB to work way back when I started writing dataMine....

Everything appears to be working and the only difference I can see is the mountType (mine shows the Linux file system EXT3 and your example shows the Windows VFAT). I won't be able to check if it is actaully collecting and storing until late tonight.
Yep - this is just the drive format. I formatted mine on Win7 after failing to get the log function to work on Vera. EXT3 is a Linux format.

To be honest - I don't really know what will happen if you use the USB logging function on the same drive. From the previous thread, I guess this is all on a VeraLite, so there's no option to change that...

Let me know how it goes and I can make changes/suggestions as required. ;)

Cheers
Chris

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »
No - this mounts a USB drive directly to the /dataMine mount point. I don't know where the log USB function mounts to (maybe MCV can comment). If it is mounted on startup, then it may be possible to point the dataMine configuration into the same drive. I couldn't get the logging to USB to work way back when I started writing dataMine....

Yep - this is just the drive format. I formatted mine on Win7 after failing to get the log function to work on Vera. EXT3 is a Linux format.

To be honest - I don't really know what will happen if you use the USB logging function on the same drive. From the previous thread, I guess this is all on a VeraLite, so there's no option to change that...

Let me know how it goes and I can make changes/suggestions as required. ;)

Cheers
Chris

I am happy to be the guinea pig.

On a related note, I am guessing the graphing page only works on the same LAN. I am trying it remotely and am getting a "404 not found" error (this why I won't be able to check until later tonight). Just making sure this is correct and not a side effect of using the USB for double duty.
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.