We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287702 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:27 pm »
I completely agree with this - automatic updates are fine, but there needs to be a manual update button. This is possibly even more necessary if/when the auto update feature is disabled (which I think is going to be an option in an upcoming release?).

Auto-update can be disabled both globally by the plugin author (on apps.mios.com) and locally by the user (on the plugin's control panel).

I agree with the option for manually updating a plugin. The backend supports this by implementing the update_plugin request, it's the UI that's missing the option.

Code: [Select]
http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=Plugin_ID

Offline Chris

« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2012, 12:26:01 pm »
I am happy to be the guinea pig.
8)

I'm thinking that we can probably work with the log USB mount once we know where it mounts - you should be able to see this by simply typing "mount" from SSH. We should be able to configure dataMine to put its directory into the same structure reasonably easily, although I may need to make a small mod to the plugin...

On a related note, I am guessing the graphing page only works on the same LAN. I am trying it remotely and am getting a "404 not found" error (this why I won't be able to check until later tonight). Just making sure this is correct and not a side effect of using the USB for double duty.
It should work across lans - the same as UI5 does at least. It won't work outside a firewall - MCV does some reverse link magic to avoid NAT issues in the firewall by havingan outgoing connection initiated by Vera... If you can connect to UI5 without going through cp.mios.com, then you should be able to connect to the dataMine GUI.

I don't think the USB issue would be related to this though - the Lua plugin and GUI are reasonably independant.

Cheers
Chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:24 pm »
Chris,

You might want to make the instructions posted either on the first post or in another section so they are visible. I did not read the last post back in regards to the instructions. The instructions are pretty much scattered through out the thread.

- Garrett

Offline Chris

« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2012, 12:49:38 pm »
You might want to make the instructions posted either on the first post or in another section so they are visible. I did not read the last post back in regards to the instructions. The instructions are pretty much scattered through out the thread.

Fair point - That's why I created a PDF set of instructions, so that I could start to capture the info. Of course, that's now hidden in 25 pages as well...  ::)

I'll try and update the first post.

Chris

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
Thanks Chris. I have no issue with getting my hands dirty and trying to figure out how to get the plugin working. I am just looking out for the inexperienced users.

- Garrett

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:11 pm »
8)

I'm thinking that we can probably work with the log USB mount once we know where it mounts - you should be able to see this by simply typing "mount" from SSH. We should be able to configure dataMine to put its directory into the same structure reasonably easily, although I may need to make a small mod to the plugin...

It looks like they both mounted to the same location. dataMine is working perfectly and the system logs appear to working as well.
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »
8)

It looks like they both mounted to the same location. dataMine is working perfectly and the system logs appear to working as well.

This is dangerous! You should not have the same device mounted twice as it will cause data corruption.

- Garrett

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #352 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

This is dangerous! You should not have the same device mounted twice as it will cause data corruption.

- Garrett

I guess I don't understand how the Linux file system works. I guess I was thinking "dev/sda1" was the drive and "/datamine/" and "/tmp..." were folders on the drive.

(On a side note, I did hit the command twice so the top part and bottom part are just duplicates of the same drive)
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline Chris

« Reply #353 on: July 06, 2012, 04:49:45 pm »

Well, I'm surprised that can happen, but looking at Garretts note, it sounds "bad".

The easiest way around this is put the dataMine directory under /tmp/log/cmh and then stop dataMine mounting the USB, but logically that's a bit crap. Otherwise we might need another USB drive (somehow!).

I guess I don't understand how the Linux file system works. I guess I was thinking "dev/sda1" was the drive and "/datamine/" and "/tmp..." were folders on the drive.
Unfortunately not. You mount a file system into a folder, but it's a complete file system. I'm just surprised that Linux allows multiple mounts of the same FS to different mount points.

Chris

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #354 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »
I think I will move the system logs back to the Vera and leave the dataMine on the USB. Ultimately, sounds like the DM will take up more memory.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #355 on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:37 pm »
Chris,
I let the Vera update but now I get this error when opening the graph...

"Error downloading startup data (dataMine channel configuration)."

Offline Aaron

« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:28 pm »
Chris,

I found the problem... my SetMountPoint was empty. After putting it in, I no longer get the error.

One thing I just noticed.... in the Config, the channels don't say what room they are associated with. Thus, if you have 5 rooms, with 'Lights' you have no idea which 'Lights' are in what rooms.

Offline Chris

« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »

Most likely the Lua plugin isn't running. Did you add the SetMountPoint variable to the configuration? Take a look in the log and see if there's anything there...

Chris

Offline Will H

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2012, 10:59:54 am »
Chris,
Great plugin.  I have it working except where it comes to adding/removing channels or changing the graph type.  I can only add channels (for those added, graphing works) and only if I have drop down for the room assignment for the dataMine module open (took me a while to stumble on that).  If I go back into the config, channels that are loaded (and showing in the graph) are not highlighted.  Also, if I click on one (turns green) and click on it again, nothing happens (shouldn't it turn yellow per the PDF directions?).  Maybe I have a bit of a dirty install (read below) with left over, manually uploaded files from the old install method?

Some background:
I just got my Vera Lite a couple nights ago and immdiately hooked it to my two honeywell thermostats.  I was hoping to get some data logging (as the Trane z-wave thermostat has some kind of good logging) and your plugin was luckily at the top of list because of your recent update.  Unfortunately, I clicked the Help tab on the plugin install window which took me to the old install directions (code.mios.com/trac/mios_datamine).  I already had a USB drive for Vera logs (Setup>Logs), I uploaded the six files in the old directions (e.g. L_DataMine1.lua) and I set the SetMountPoint but I couldn't get channels added.  I uninstalled your plugin, disabled Vera logging to USB, then followed the new directions: install plugin, format the drive Windows, plug in the drive, configure setpointmount (confirmed path in ssh) and rebooted Vera to restart LUA (just to be sure).

Will

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2012, 04:16:04 am »
Hi

I have data in an rrd dB (which has been capturing energy usage and room temperatures for quite a while now ) on another server on my home network.

Any ideas how I can maybe make that accessible to datamine?

//192.168.1.111/Usr/rrdtool.rrd