We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin  (Read 287583 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: New dataMine graphing and logging plugin
« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2012, 02:54:45 pm »
my system reboots every night, so I suspect if it was a USB mounting issue it would happen every night... but it does not. And, I also have the Vera logs going to the USB drive... they seem fine.

Here's what is in my json file...

{"Variables":[{"Type":0,"Device":3,"Service":"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","FirstRec":1342280443,"Archive":"Thermostat - CurrentTemperature","Name":"Thermostat - CurrentTemperature","LastVal":"77","Logging":1,"Variable":"CurrentTemperature","LastRec":1342286562,"Lookup":[]},{"Type":1,"Device":4,"Service":"urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1","FirstRec":1342286605,"Archive":"Front Door Lock - Status","Name":"Front Door Lock - Status","LastVal":0,"Logging":1,"Variable":"Status","LastRec":0,"Lookup":[]},{"Type":0,"Device":55,"Service":"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","FirstRec":1342280740,"Archive":"Temperature - CurrentTemperature","Name":"Temperature - CurrentTemperature","LastVal":"82","Logging":1,"Variable":"CurrentTemperature","LastRec":1342280740,"Lookup":[]},{"Type":0,"Device":58,"Service":"urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HumiditySensor1","FirstRec":1342280740,"Archive":"Humidity - CurrentLevel","Name":"Humidity - CurrentLevel","LastVal":"70","Logging":1,"Variable":"CurrentLevel","LastRec":1342284340,"Lookup":[]},{"Type":1,"Device":3,"Service":"urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HVAC_OperatingState1","Alpha":1,"FirstRec":1342280443,"Archive":"Thermostat - ModeState","Name":"Thermostat - ModeState","LastVal":"Idle","Logging":1,"Variable":"ModeState","LastRec":1342284922,"Lookup":{"Idle":2,"Cooling":1}}]}

Offline Chris

« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »
my system reboots every night, so I suspect if it was a USB mounting issue it would happen every night... but it does not. And, I also have the Vera logs going to the USB drive... they seem fine.

Here's what is in my json file...
Thanks Aaron,
The json looks fine, but I guess this is from after your reinitialisation?

When your Vera reboots, what actually happens? Does it completely restart? I'd tend to agree that if it does, then if there was a problem remounting the drive, it should happen every night.

However, I can't see any reason, or way, that dataMine can remove these files. It doesn't actually delete any data, so if all data is being removed, and the dataMine directory is completely empty, then I think the issue must be somewhere else.

If you're saving all your log files, I don't know if there any way to get all the dataMine log entries before an after the event? I don't know if they can tell me much, but if it was easy, it might be interesting. If dataMine starts, and doesn't find the config file, then it logs "Unable to open config file for read", and this should be followed by "Reinitialising configuration structure". Maybe by looking for these strings we might be able to find a trend that may help?

Sorry this isn't as helpful as you'd like...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2012, 03:23:31 pm »
Lets give it some time and see what happens - since I just reinstalled.

Also, on that HVAC channel being in my Lock... it is actually in both places on dataMine. I never saw it under Lock before... I think this is a 'new' occurrence.

any idea when the new Vera firmware will fix the USB mount issue?  I think they said it would be ready like 2 weeks ago ;)

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2012, 02:09:50 pm »
The plug is working on Ui5 last firmware 408.

I can add device but I m not more able to remove the variable to the graph. If i click it come yellow, bit I don t see the flag in the box, so I cannot also not remove it.

Note: wonderful plug in

Thank you for your help
regards,
Matteo

Offline huib

« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:18 pm »
@chris
like indicated also by aaron i loose all data when i reboot the system.
it looks to me that the settings of the plug are cleaned and wipeout during the rebooting
the data written on the usb remains

rgds
huib
- veralite UI5 - veralite UI7 - 9 fibaro dimmers - 7 fibaro switches - 2 eminent movement sensors - remote control - opentherm gateway - remote powermeter reading - control of whr930 unit - control of washing machine -

Offline Chris

« Reply #380 on: July 16, 2012, 05:26:57 pm »
it looks to me that the settings of the plug are cleaned and wipeout during the rebooting

The plugin only reads the data from the USB - it's not stored anywhere else. So, the settings aren't being "cleaned or wiped out", it may however be that dataMine can't read them when it starts. The question must be how the reboot process is working, and in what order the USB is being mounted (ie before or after dataMine starts).

When you say "the data written on the usb remains" - what do you mean? How have you checked this (on a Windows/Mac/Linux computer, or via Veras SSH interface?).

What version of dataMine are you using? Assuming it's the latest, is it configured with the SetMountPoint variable? It would also be worth looking at the "mountLocation" variable (in the Advanced tab) - what does this say?

Hopefully the above questions will help me find out what's up...

Chris

Offline Chris

« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2012, 05:30:03 pm »
I can add device but I m not more able to remove the variable to the graph. If i click it come yellow, bit I don t see the flag in the box, so I cannot also not remove it.
Hi Matteo,
I'm really sorry, but I don't really understand what you're doing. What "flag in the box" do you mean, and what do you mean by "I cannot also not remove it".

Cheers
Chris

Offline Aaron

« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2012, 08:07:08 pm »

The plugin only reads the data from the USB - it's not stored anywhere else. So, the settings aren't being "cleaned or wiped out", it may however be that dataMine can't read them when it starts. The question must be how the reboot process is working, and in what order the USB is being mounted (ie before or after dataMine starts).

When you say "the data written on the usb remains" - what do you mean? How have you checked this (on a Windows/Mac/Linux computer, or via Veras SSH interface?).

What version of dataMine are you using? Assuming it's the latest, is it configured with the SetMountPoint variable? It would also be worth looking at the "mountLocation" variable (in the Advanced tab) - what does this say?

Hopefully the above questions will help me find out what's up...

Chris

Since my post of this happening, and me setting it back up... it has been fine. As since I reboot every night I doubt the reboot could be causing the problem.

I'm on the latest firmware and version of dataMine. All the Advanced info is correct and data is logging / graphing.

Offline bfromdruten

« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »
Guys, also no problems after last version and moving my dataMine mount to the standard folder. Can it be this problem is related to a plugin upgrade instead of a reboot? I was thinking if you don't use the default setting the software upgrade would reset them. Don't know however if this is true. At least...currently running ok.

Offline Chris

« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2012, 05:15:17 pm »
Guys, also no problems after last version and moving my dataMine mount to the standard folder. Can it be this problem is related to a plugin upgrade instead of a reboot? I was thinking if you don't use the default setting the software upgrade would reset them. Don't know however if this is true. At least...currently running ok.
That sounds like good news...

The upgrade shouldn't reset the configuration. The directory/mapping is stored in a variable which shouldn't get reset, and all other configuration is stored in the json file in the dataMine directory.

Anyway, it sounds promising, so fingers crossed that we're sorted...

Cheers
Chris

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2012, 02:50:30 pm »
Hi Matteo,
I'm really sorry, but I don't really understand what you're doing. What "flag in the box" do you mean, and what do you mean by "I cannot also not remove it".

Cheers
Chris

How can I remove a variable from the graph?

Thank you
Matteo

Offline Jacob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:05 pm »
Hi Chris,

I appreciate your work and with great pleasure I monitor my house and it's surroundings with the use of your plug-in's datamine and OW-server.
I make use of an IMac and a IPad with SQremoteHD

Do you think it is possible to extend the dataMine plug-in with full screen user predefined trends without the selection box.
It might be convenient to be able to call these from the SQremote web display's

In addition, a bit off topic I would like to draw your attention to the 1-wire weather instuments
http://www.hobby-boards.com/store/products/Anemometer-ADS.html
http://www.hobby-boards.com/store/products/Rain-Gauge-w%7B47%7DCounter.html
Would these show their data when connected to the OW-Server or can you add them to the plug-in?

Regards,
Jacob

Offline Chris

« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2012, 04:12:50 pm »
How can I remove a variable from the graph?
Sorry - you can't at the moment. I will add this soon.

Chris

Offline Chris

« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
Do you think it is possible to extend the dataMine plug-in with full screen user predefined trends without the selection box.
It might be convenient to be able to call these from the SQremote web display's
If I understand you correctly, then it would be possible to add functionality that allowed displaying a graph without the selection box. There are a couple of ways that this could be done, but I'm not sure that it would necessarily work with SQRemote. I've got SQRemote on an IPod Touch, but I've not tried to display dataMine with it - have you tried this?

However, the downside is that if you want to do this remotely, then that's a different issue since dataMine can't easily get its data outside your local network.

Regarding the OW questions - I've seen the HobbyBoards stuff and keep thinking about installing a weather system, but haven't to date. The OWServer will likely "work" with them, but it would require some work to make it read the correct data. This could probably be done reasonably easily...
If you have any other questions on this, it might be better to move the conversation over to the OWServer thread (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8381.0.html).

Cheers
Chris

Offline Jacob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2012, 05:33:39 pm »
If I understand you correctly, then it would be possible to add functionality that allowed displaying a graph without the selection box. There are a couple of ways that this could be done, but I'm not sure that it would necessarily work with SQRemote. I've got SQRemote on an IPod Touch, but I've not tried to display dataMine with it - have you tried this?
I imagine to configure and store specific trends that can be retreived from the Vera e.g. by means of a url
In this way one can support and clarify the normal data in SQremote

Indeed this works both on my Iphone and Ipad and you are correct only within the personal network however I concider this no issue

The small display size and difficulty to make the selections makes the datamine trends on these machines not very convenient to work with that's why the preconfigured trends
Jacob