Author Topic: Need help to upgrade  (Read 484 times)

Offline blazinace

Need help to upgrade
« on: March 31, 2018, 01:50:39 pm »
Hi, my first generation Vera completely died about a few months ago and I just received a new Vera edge.  I'd like to know if I have to do anything to my old Vera before I begin a new installation with Vera Edge.

Thanks.

Offline Tillsy

Re: Need help to upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:45:51 pm »
But you said it's completely dead? :o

Offline blazinace

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:49:01 pm »
Yes, the lights blink on and off.  Support tried a few months ago to get to it but it doesn't respond.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:59:15 pm »
I would think your only challenge will be the exclusion/inclusion of z-wave devices bound to the old controller.  Otherwise building things from scratch should work just fine.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.1017, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline blazinace

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 06:09:54 pm »
That's exactly what I needed to know.  The exclusion of the devices. I'll try on Monday to see if I can exclude them with my USB dongle from my old Vera.
Thanks Don.

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:48:45 pm »
I reckon quicker way would just be a factory reset on each device - that's what they internally do during an unpair anyway.  For example on Fibaro devices you hold down the button until the LED turns yellow (about 20 seconds), release, and press again.  On Aeotec hold button down until light goes red (about 20 seconds) then release.

Offline blazinace

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 04:37:14 pm »
Thanks for the info Tillsy