Author Topic: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not  (Read 189 times)

Offline naecloo

NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« on: April 02, 2018, 03:47:06 pm »
I have three nest thermostats installed my house, one per level.  I use a VERA 3 with UI7.  When I upgraded to UI7 and installed WWN app two of the thermostats seem to work properly.  The third one appears as a device but does not function with VERA 3.  It does not show temperatures, does not respond to mode or temperature change requests through the VERA controller.  I have removed and re-installed thermostats and WWN app multiple times but to no avail.  The level three thermostats fails to respond or register temperatures.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:01:08 am »
Write to support. I had a similar problem and they fixed it remotely. I suspect they upgraded the Plugin for me.
Vera, dozen of ZWave devices, Raspberry PI running my own integrations, 3 Nest, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station and a lot of code

Offline rigpapa

• toggledbits.com
Re: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:59:32 am »
Make sure all three of your Nests have location assignments in Nest's configuration (use their web app). I had one thermostat with no location assigned, and it caused version 1.116 of the plugin to crash. I reported the problem to Vera, and they downgraded my plugin 1.109.  :P I'm not sure if the actual problem was understood by them and made it back to developers. The support rep was evasive when I pressed him on it.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, SiteSensor, DelayLight, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.