Author Topic: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not  (Read 352 times)

Offline naecloo

NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« on: April 02, 2018, 03:47:06 pm »
I have three nest thermostats installed my house, one per level.  I use a VERA 3 with UI7.  When I upgraded to UI7 and installed WWN app two of the thermostats seem to work properly.  The third one appears as a device but does not function with VERA 3.  It does not show temperatures, does not respond to mode or temperature change requests through the VERA controller.  I have removed and re-installed thermostats and WWN app multiple times but to no avail.  The level three thermostats fails to respond or register temperatures.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:01:08 am »
Write to support. I had a similar problem and they fixed it remotely. I suspect they upgraded the Plugin for me.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline rigpapa

Re: NEST thermostats - two work with WWN while third does not
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:59:32 am »
Make sure all three of your Nests have location assignments in Nest's configuration (use their web app). I had one thermostat with no location assigned, and it caused version 1.116 of the plugin to crash. I reported the problem to Vera, and they downgraded my plugin 1.109.  :P I'm not sure if the actual problem was understood by them and made it back to developers. The support rep was evasive when I pressed him on it.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.