Author Topic: Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter  (Read 5793 times)

Offline RHCPNG

Re: Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 09:01:47 am »
Hi RHCPNG,

No idea why your LUA implementation does not support https. Are you running any other plugins using https?

I made a patch to the version below that uses http for PV out by default. That should then work in your case.

Cheers Rene

Thanks, Rene! This will get me going.

I am using the Darksky plugin, this uses https. That plugin works fine.

Offline aecchalet

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 05:01:29 pm »
Renee,
Have you considered adding solar thermal controllers to you plug in.  Heliodyne has one that is accessible via internet and tracks 7 different temperatures, 2 flows (if you install guages) and controls up to 3 motors.  I would be great to get connected to this with Vera.  Are there any zwave compatible solar thermal controllers?
Thanks
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 1xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 1xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolts Schlage

Offline reneboer

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2018, 07:10:19 am »
Renee,
Have you considered adding solar thermal controllers to you plug in.  Heliodyne has one that is accessible via internet and tracks 7 different temperatures, 2 flows (if you install guages) and controls up to 3 motors.  I would be great to get connected to this with Vera.  Are there any zwave compatible solar thermal controllers?
Thanks
Hi,

Nope, this plugin is for Solar panels to report their production figures. The thermal controllers sounds like a totally different application, but I must say I have zero knowledge on them.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 01:43:02 am »
Hi Rene, I was pumped when I found your Solar Meter Plugin with PVO support and I've configured it with my PVO details* ... but it doesnt seem to do anything?

I suspect it is only looking for Solar generation and I haven't installed Solar yet (August hopefully) - however I've been uploading my usage data for a few years (CurrentCost EnviR left over from my previous house which did have solar) and I'd really like to have our Consumption data pulled back from PVO too please?

*Except: Syslog server IP Address:Port (there's no explanation as to what this is for)
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline reneboer

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 07:00:50 am »
Hi dJos,

The plugin is indeed just for Solar production data. Adding the fields is relatively simple so you get them in a variable. If you add the below to SS_PVOutput_Refresh just under the line retData = nil you will get that data too.
Code: [Select]
if #d_t > 4 then var.Set("PV_EnergyConsumption", d_t[5]) end
if #d_t > 5 then var.Set("PV_PowerConsumption", d_t[6]) end
if #d_t > 6 then var.Set("PV_NormalisedOutput", d_t[7]) end
if #d_t > 7 then var.Set("PV_Temperature", d_t[8]) end
if #d_t > 8 then var.Set("PV_Voltage", d_t[9]) end
It is in the lua code attached, but untested.

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:33:00 am by reneboer »
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 07:01:26 pm »
Thanks Rene, that's fantastic! The lua code looks great and I can see it in TextWrangler ... Only issue is I'm a complete n00b to Vera and Im not sure how to use lua code yet, is there an idiots guide you can point me to?

Hi dJos,

The plugin is indeed just for Solar production data. Adding the fields is relatively simple so you get them in a variable. If you add the below to SS_PVOutput_Refresh just under the line retData = nil you will get that data too.
Code: [Select]
if #d_t > 4 then var.Set("PV_EnergyConsumption", d_t[5]) end
if #d_t > 5 then var.Set("PV_PowerConsumption", d_t[6]) end
if #d_t > 6 then var.Set("PV_NormalisedOutput", d_t[7]) end
if #d_t > 7 then var.Set("PV_Temperature", d_t[8]) end
if #d_t > 8 then var.Set("PV_Voltage", d_t[9]) end
It is in the lua code attached, but untested.

Cheers Rene
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches etc & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline dJOS

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 08:05:59 pm »
So I figured out how to upload the lua files and I can see see that it has replaced the 1.4.1 code with 1.4.3  ... however I'm not sure what to do next for the update to take effect?

Offline dJOS

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 08:39:14 pm »
So I figured out how to upload the lua files and I can see see that it has replaced the 1.4.1 code with 1.4.3  ... however I'm not sure what to do next for the update to take effect?

Just for kicks I created a new device and then deleted the old one (from within the "installed apps") and reconfigured it, still not seeing any data come through though.  clearly I have no idea what im doing.  :P

Offline BoundinAshes6

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 02:17:11 pm »
Renee, Thanks for your work on this plug in, any word if Sunpower will be added / looked at as a supported vendor ?
Thank you

Offline dJOS

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 12:54:58 am »

Rene?

Offline jswim788

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 12:12:44 pm »
Usually a reload of the luup is all you need to to.  Reboot works too, but reload is normally all that is needed.

Offline krementz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:08 pm »
As soon as I get mine up and running, I'll check out the plugin for the SMA inverters and get back to you. I'm hoping it does what I want it to do...

My solar are SMA Sunny Islands using Midnite Solar charge controllers. Please let me know if you develop a plugin that is compatible.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 06:43:30 pm »
Usually a reload of the luup is all you need to to.  Reboot works too, but reload is normally all that is needed.

OK, unfortunately my Vera is still not puling any consumption data from PVO. "Last Update" just stays blank too. :'(
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:47:34 pm by dJOS »

Offline jswim788

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »
OK, unfortunately my Vera is still not puling any consumption data from PVO. "Last Update" just stays blank too. :'(
Do you see anything in the log file related to this plugin?  http://vera_ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP - or you can use the Info Viewer plugin or you can use winscp or ssh.

Offline dJOS

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2018, 11:14:25 pm »
Do you see anything in the log file related to this plugin?  http://vera_ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP - or you can use the Info Viewer plugin or you can use winscp or ssh.

I'd check now but I cant logon from work atm, looks like Vera has a remote access issue and you link doesnt work either.

EDIT: remote logon is working again but I cant find the "info viewer" plugin you mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:22:35 pm by dJOS »