Author Topic: Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter  (Read 4351 times)

Offline reneboer

Re: Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2018, 06:39:40 am »
With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene, so I had a look at datamine2 and tbh it's massive overkill for my needs and not very intuitive - I just want to have my whole house energy consumption show up in the Vera energy tab and solar generation too once I get my system in the next month or so.

Is there aynway you can just fix Solar Meter so that when it's setup in the energy profile as  the "device for total consumption" it just works?
HI,

You will have to make your own modifications as else it will brake the functions for what this plugin is designed for. Feel free to duplicate the code to a PVOut totals reporting using the Watts variable. You cannot have two Watts variables in one plugin.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2018, 03:09:18 pm »
Can you upload the script below to your Vera. Then in the Test LUA code window run this with your user ID and password:
Code: [Select]
local sol = require "L_Base1"
sol.fetch("userid","password")

I've tried, but I've got "failed to test code" error.
It seems that something is wrong with the second line. as user ID I put login, which is an e-mail address (special character "@") and passwors is a set of numbers and letters, also with special characters. But I've did a test putting random ID and password (letters and/or numbers) and got the same error, so probably the issue is somewhere else.

My solar station is now fully operational and I'm getting readings in the app
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:56:50 pm by kwieto »

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2018, 04:34:29 am »
Is it maybe possible to add Ginlong/Solis to this plugin? Else I will need to add an extra component to my setup and that?s not ideal.

This link is probably helpful:
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7941

Hi Rene,

Is it possible to create a service for Ginlong? I now use pvoutput in combination with a script on my NAS, but this is very buggy. I would like to remove this "middleware" from the equation.

It seems doable, but I'm not very good with luup.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2018, 05:30:00 am »
Is it maybe possible to add Ginlong/Solis to this plugin? Else I will need to add an extra component to my setup and that?s not ideal.

Hi Rene,

Is it possible to create a service for Ginlong? I now use pvoutput in combination with a script on my NAS, but this is very buggy. I would like to remove this "middleware" from the equation.

I'll put it on the to do list.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline reneboer

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2018, 05:32:41 am »
Can you upload the script below to your Vera. Then in the Test LUA code window run this with your user ID and password:
Code: [Select]
local sol = require "L_Base1"
sol.fetch("userid","password")

I've tried, but I've got "failed to test code" error.
It seems that something is wrong with the second line. as user ID I put login, which is an e-mail address (special character "@") and passwors is a set of numbers and letters, also with special characters. But I've did a test putting random ID and password (letters and/or numbers) and got the same error, so probably the issue is somewhere else.

My solar station is now fully operational and I'm getting readings in the app
Can you send me a PM with the details of http://your vera ip/test.log ? As indicated the code is still untested and based on a fair number of assumptions. The log file will tell me where the problems might be. It will require a number of back and forth.

Cheers Rene

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2018, 05:37:13 am »

Hi Rene,

I'll put it on the to do list.

Cheers Rene

Thanks, Rene!

Offline kwieto

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2018, 05:55:36 am »
Can you send me a PM with the details of http://your vera ip/test.log ? As indicated the code is still untested and based on a fair number of assumptions. The log file will tell me where the problems might be. It will require a number of back and forth.

No problem, I'm ready for testing. The problem is that I've got error 404 when trying to obtain log, so it seems that there wasn't created any (probably due to the error in code?).

Offline reneboer

« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2018, 05:52:18 am »

No problem, I'm ready for testing. The problem is that I've got error 404 when trying to obtain log, so it seems that there wasn't created any (probably due to the error in code?).
Ok, I'll have to look but cannot do that the coming few weeks. I'll let you know.

Cheers Rene

Offline kwieto

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2018, 09:14:16 am »
No problem, I can wait :)

Offline dJOS

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2018, 07:27:14 am »
With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene, so I had a look at datamine2 and tbh it's massive overkill for my needs and not very intuitive - I just want to have my whole house energy consumption show up in the Vera energy tab and solar generation too once I get my system in the next month or so.

Is there aynway you can just fix Solar Meter so that when it's setup in the energy profile as  the "device for total consumption" it just works?
HI,

You will have to make your own modifications as else it will brake the functions for what this plugin is designed for. Feel free to duplicate the code to a PVOut totals reporting using the Watts variable. You cannot have two Watts variables in one plugin.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene, I appreciate where you are coming from - it'd be great if it was just a config option to switch between solar system and energy monitoring only systems. There's likely plenty of folk in apartments etc who would love to use your plugin but dont have or cant get solar but would love to see their energy consumption in Vera.

I'd love to add to your code and give back to others, but I cant program to save myself.  :(
HAC: Vera Plus | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's