Author Topic: on/off switch that will "beam"?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline punkbrain

• Sr. Newbie
on/off switch that will "beam"?
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:42 am »
Hi,
I'm looking for a simple on/off light switch for my porch light that will "beam" to my schlange lock.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Offline aschwalb

Re: on/off switch that will "beam"?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:50 am »
Can you describe what you are trying to do?

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:54:07 am »
I *think* the GE 45609 will forward events to your schlage lock. I've read elsewhere on this forum that the GE plug in lamp modules will forward the schlage lock transmissions.

Hopefully someone with more z-wave knowledge will chime in and confirm.

Offline punkbrain

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:39:53 am »
I am trying to turn on my porch light when it gets dark and off in the morning.  and I want to extend the range of the network for a schlange lock that is near the light switch.

Offline punkbrain

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:41:30 pm »
accoding to this it should work.  thanks!
"Supports Z-Wave Beaming technology"

http://store.homeseer.com/store/GE-45609-Z-Wave-OnOff-Switch-P806.aspx

Offline michaelk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:05 pm »
You need newer devices of ge. (Act also- others I honestly don't know) The model number doesnt matter. The firmware revision is what counts. If you buy from homeseer or asi or automated outlet they know what you mean if you contact them to confirm (probably those sort of folks wouldn't have old stock anyway)

If you buy from someone else the get packaging has a tiny sticker attached that says "schlage link compatible" to signify the newer "correct" firmware. But that does you no good online. I just bought 2 ge  wallwarts from amazon. One was new firmware one old. Packaging identical but for the sticker.

Also obviously if you buy aanything schlage branded it is same act/get/jasco hardware with the correct firmware.

(I happpen to get the act switch from asi myself way back when I got the schlage lock)

Offline punkbrain

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:05:26 am »
Thanks for the tip.  I ordered from amazon.  I'll look carefully at the package before I open it.  Should be here tomorrow.

Offline michaelk

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »
be real careful there.

Like i said i ordered 2 lamp modules from amazon- literally last week. Both came in same box. One was "right" the other "wrong".

someone wiser probably knows the firmware version you need to have to be correct (google might help)  that's found on a sticker on the device itself- the lamp modules come in blister pack so that's visible itself.  The shclage link sticker was just on the OUTSIDE of the blister pack so could come off- if that isn't on the outside might still be good if you can read the firmware version.

edit: this page has firmware versions listed that are supposed to work:
http://www.myhomeserver.com/?page_id=501
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:51:08 pm by michaelk »