Author Topic: Nest device not found error  (Read 195 times)

Offline therealdb

  • Sr. Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Automate all the things!
Nest device not found error
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:09:17 am »
I have 3 Nest thermostats and everything was working OK until yesterday.

Now, when I try to act to one of them, I get this error (taken from logs):

JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 161 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1 action: SetModeTarget <0x72dc5520>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=161 <0x72dc5520>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1 <0x72dc5520>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=SetModeTarget <0x72dc5520>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument NewModeTarget=HeatOn <0x72dc5520>
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument rand=0.5229552721063049 <0x72dc5520>
luup_log:30: VeraConnectWWN::setModeTarget> Nest device not found <0x77a1e000>

Other applicationts accessing the nest API are working OK and I double checked the ID, just in case, and it's OK.

The devices (both temp and humidity) seem to be frozen and cannot be updated from the plugin anymore. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Vera, dozen of ZWave devices, Raspberry PI running my own integrations, 3 Nest, Harmony Hub, Personal Weather Station and a lot of code

Offline therealdb

  • Sr. Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Automate all the things!
Re: Nest device not found error
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:20:26 am »
I found that the not working device as "_" in its ID, something like ABCD_EFG, while working one has not letters and numbers.

I enabled verbose logging and I can clearly see that it's searching for the wrong device ID:

VeraConnectWWN::getChildDevices> ERROR: Found device #161 with Nest ID 'EFG', but no equivalent device found in the Nest data

The plugin uses a structure like nest_devicetype_id to store the Nest internal ID and I suspect it's something updated and breaking the parse. I tried to encode the values with no luck. If I remove the devices (both thermostat and humidity sensor), the WWN plugin recreates them, but then the same problem applies.

I opened a ticket with support and I'll update this thread when they'll reply in order to help others with the same problem.
Vera, dozen of ZWave devices, Raspberry PI running my own integrations, 3 Nest, Harmony Hub, Personal Weather Station and a lot of code