Author Topic: Vera Concierge running on NAS Synology  (Read 1451 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Vera Concierge running on NAS Synology
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 09:37:06 pm »
There is an update script in the installation.
You NAS port may not have addressed this ...   
When a software update (like last night) happens ... it must shutdown the service ... replace the old Jar File with the new Jar File ... and restart the service.

Offline vicw

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 09:52:22 pm »
There is an update script in the installation.
You NAS port may not have addressed this ...   
When a software update (like last night) happens ... it must shutdown the service ... replace the old Jar File with the new Jar File ... and restart the service.
Thanks, Richard Yes, I have the update.sh file in the folder

Here are the contents, according to the Editor:

#!/bin/sh
./ConciergeServer.sh stop
mv ConciergeServer.jar old.jar
mv new.jar ConciergeServer.jar
./ConciergeServer.sh start

Is version 2.031 the new version, as of yesterday?

The timestamp on the <ConciergeServer.jar> file is 07/27/18 3:00 AM, so it looks to me that the new version (assuming 2.031 is the new one) was probably installed this morning, but that <ConciergeServer.sh start> didn't actually start up, for some reason that I don't understand.

UPDATE: I just discovered Richard's postings of version updates, at the top of this subject, so I now know that 2.031 is the new version. Thanks Richard, for providing that info on an ongoing basis. Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Now I just need to resolve the question of why the program didn't startup after the update.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:02:05 am by vicw »
VeraEdge FW 1.7.4000

Offline gonzo41

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 06:24:46 pm »
Just a suggestion- create a docker image and run that in the Synology client for Docker.   That is how some of us Synology users have been running the Echo Bridge for several years.

I actually see a Docker repository called "jrowland/vera-concierge"...

Synology has limited Docker availability in the package manager to only some select models. Unfortunately i was not able to install it on my  Nas, that why i looked for another solution.