Author Topic: Xiaomi Aqara Temperature sensor  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Domoworking

Re: Xiaomi Aqara Temperature sensor
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 06:40:13 pm »
Vera Plus is supposed to handle ZigBee natively....
Alas, Vera Plus has very poor ZigBee support.  Which is why many of us are looking at alternatives such as ZiGate.

You gave me a really bad news... i bought Vera Plus just be cause of The zigbee support  :(
I might sent it Back to Amazon and eventually take The cheaper one.

Regards

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 09:36:51 pm »
There are quite a few things that work well, problem is there are too many variables to Zigbee. They don't all use the same (or any) standard.

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 03:47:11 pm »
Well, after reading many post and complains about Vera ZigBee support, I still wonder why there is no support for some devices.
I'm in Europe, so the market might be different from outher countries, but I think the most spread ZigBee devices are Philips Hue, Ikea Tradfri (or how you spell it!!!) and eventually Xiaomi (there are very, very cheap devices that seems to work well!!!).

If I could set priorities I would start from Xiaomi.....

Offline weblike

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 06:01:59 am »
Hi,
Reading the forum, few days ago I have bought a ZiGate device.
I see the device in the VeraPlus dashboard, but the problem is that I cannot discover my Aqara Sensors.
I have installed this plugin: https://github.com/vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway

When I click on "Inclusion" button, nothing happens.
Please advice.
Thank you

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 11:18:22 am »
Are you following the directions on the actual device itself to include it? Clicking on include doesn't do anything if there's no device looking to join the network. I only ask because you didn't mention putting the device itself into pairing mode.

Offline cetou

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 04:39:20 pm »
Hello,

I also have the same problem. The Zigate device is well recognized in the Dashboard. When I try the inclusion mode, nothing happens in the box vera. I try to discover a sensor Xiaomi window opening. I use the user manual to put the sensor in inclusion mode (press the button for 5 seconds). Could you help me ?

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 08:21:18 pm »
The device will pair to the Zigate, not to the Vera itself. I'm not familiar with the operation of the Zigate device, but I'm assuming there is some kind of a plugin to support it. There may be a way to trigger pairing from there. I doubt the built in add device mode in Vera is going to handle it. Wish I could offer more help, but my Vera instance is pretty much just for Alexa integration at this point. The lack of support and device compatibility sent me looking for more and, for the moment, I found it with Home Assistant...