Author Topic: Vera working perfectly after Ergy plugin uninstall  (Read 398 times)

Offline thief

Vera working perfectly after Ergy plugin uninstall
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »
Have had Vera Secure for 5 months now. Installed the Ergy plugin at day 1.
There was always some issues with Vera about 2-3 times per a week that couldn't be fixed without a reboot.
Most common was that operating my various devices from Vera UI did not work at all, the switches would move from on to off and vice verca like it was working, but nothing actually happened.
Then there were this huge delay between command and action, almost every day.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to uninstall the Ergy plugin, because I don't need It for anything.
Since then my Vera haven't had a single issue, everything has worked 100%, (knock,  knock) and no delay what so ever when operating devices.

Have anyone else noticed this? And can it even be possible?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:54:03 am by thief »

Offline HSD99

Re: Vera working perfectly after Ergy plugin uninstall
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:40:21 pm »
Yes and yes. Ergy is a disaster.

Offline jeubanks

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:42:35 pm »
Same here.  I always had weird problems, then I disabled Ergy and things were then mostly smooth. 

Online akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:41:08 pm »
No surprise there, then.  Plenty of documentary evidence that this is the case.  Good call.

Why it's still there at all, is the real question.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 2x Philips Hue
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 07:13:23 pm »
Worst part is, if you actually want to monitor energy use, it seems to be a mandatory add-on. That being the case, why hasn't someone fixed the damned thing????

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 07:50:35 pm »
**NEVER** use the ERGY plugin... It is horibbly broken, and has been that was since at least 2012.... It has long been abandoned by Micasaverde (Yes... Micasaverde... the predecessor of Vera Controls)...

Offline jeubanks

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 08:19:55 pm »
Yeah, I'm about 1 step away from abandoning Vera as well....

Online kwieto

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 03:47:36 am »
That being the case, why hasn't someone fixed the damned thing????

Seems that Vera lack on maintenance of their own plugins in general. And since users go for workarounds instead of pushing them to fix things, they have no pressure to improve these things.
From the other hand, seeing how long it takes to make some integrations (like IFTTT, which is under progress for how long? about a year?), sometimes I imagine that Vera's development department is one-man division.

I really like Vera, but the longer I use it the more I have impression that they are heading similar way as for example Palm company. They made great product at the time (I still miss some Palm OS features in modern smartphone systems), but then they couldn't keep the pace with competition. Not listening to what their customers really wanted, they finally went out of the business.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 07:55:52 pm »
Yep. I've had that feeling as well. My first venture into home automation was with Z-Way on a Raspberry Pi. It took a LOT of effort to do many things and I decided to move up to the Vera Plus. I'm not unhappy with that decision by any means as it's much easier to do things I want to do and doesn't involve days of troubleshooting Java. There is much I could do if I wanted to learn the intricacies of writing code for the Vera, but I'm not sure I want to get into that. PLEG has been a godsend in that regard as it allows me massive flexibility. There are other, more powerful, systems out there, but you see people complaining about them as well. Go figure....