Author Topic: EventGhost Plugin for Vera Control (runs on EventGhost)  (Read 36171 times)

Offline conchordian

Offline Exorcist

Re: EventGhost Plugin for Vera Control (runs on EventGhost)
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2016, 03:46:42 pm »
I have EventGhost configured on my PC, i use with my iRule remote, to send commands from my ipad/iRule to eventghost to control my HTPC, mainly JRiver, and Kodi. Works awesome.

However i am stuck right now with the most basic issue. How do i install the eventghost plugin from the github to my UI5 Panel? Or am i missing the point?
I have downloaded the zip file, but not sure how to upload it? Neither do i see this plugin in the app portal.

Well, Here is what i am wanting to achieve with this plugin. I want to use this along with tasker.
Here's the condition.
On an event when the Phone connects to Wifi, Tasker sends a trigger to eventghost plugin on vera, to ask eventghost to shutdown VLC player running on my PC.
This way, we can know if the family members are coming home, or are approaching and the wifi connects to their phones network, it triggers their arrival on tasker, any hence any movie player running shuts itself down.

I think i can achieve most of this, but first i need to install this plugin to vera, how should i proceed with that?

Offline kkl

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2016, 04:20:46 pm »
How do i install the eventghost plugin from the github to my UI5 Panel? Or am i missing the point?
I have downloaded the zip file, but not sure how to upload it? Neither do i see this plugin in the app portal.
It is an Eventghost plug-in, not a Vera app.  Read the directions in the first post of the link provided by conchordian.  From the zip file, extract the "Vera" folder to your Eventghost plugins folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins).  Paste the CODE from that first post into Vera UI5 Apps/Develop Apps/Edit Startup Lua.  Add the plug-in in the Eventghost interface to use it there. 

Offline kdschlosser

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2016, 01:30:26 am »
UPDATE

fixed EG Plugin

http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7313&start=30

NO STARTUP LUA CODE NEEDED

completely self contained EG plugin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:33:23 am by kdschlosser »

Offline WinoOutWest

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2016, 02:43:31 am »
UPDATE

fixed EG Plugin

http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7313&start=30

NO STARTUP LUA CODE NEEDED

completely self contained EG plugin

Seems to be much better behaved!
Thanks K!

Offline kdschlosser

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:13 am »
I have EventGhost configured on my PC, i use with my iRule remote, to send commands from my ipad/iRule to eventghost to control my HTPC, mainly JRiver, and Kodi. Works awesome.

However i am stuck right now with the most basic issue. How do i install the eventghost plugin from the github to my UI5 Panel? Or am i missing the point?

Well, Here is what i am wanting to achieve with this plugin. I want to use this along with tasker.
Here's the condition.
On an event when the Phone connects to Wifi, Tasker sends a trigger to eventghost plugin on vera, to ask eventghost to shutdown VLC player running on my PC.
This way, we can know if the family members are coming home, or are approaching and the wifi connects to their phones network, it triggers their arrival on tasker, any hence any movie player running shuts itself down.

I think i can achieve most of this, but first i need to install this plugin to vera, how should i proceed with that?

There are a couple of neat little programs that has been made for android, not sure what kind of phone you are using but for android there is egigeozone app with an eventghost plugin for it that will talk directly to eventghost.

you will need to have the TCPEvents plugin installed into eventghost for this to work.

the app allows for setting up virtual fences, say around your house and it uses gps to tell eventghost if you have left or entered the fenced area, you can set up multiple fences with this. it allows for naming of the device as well as other information including the date and time.

nice thing is when combined with the vera plugin I made it will allow for something like this example

no one is home and based on what time it is triggers an event that will turn on lights inside and out. but... if someone else is home it will only turn on the outside lights.

or have it start up or shutdown pretty much anything you want.

but not limited to the range of wifi

K

Offline bones4012

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 03:53:36 pm »
Hi,
I'm having problems with EG receiving HTTP from vera, I can run a scene to control devices from EG to Vera.

I'm also getting floods of errors " 20:04:20   MiCasaVerde: Server: EvalData: Error 1: (<type 'exceptions.NameError'>, NameError("global name 'json' is not defined",), <traceback object at 0x04A7AB48>)Error 2: (<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>, SyntaxError('invalid syntax', ('<string>', 1, 9, 'ion/json\r\n')), <traceback object at 0x04A7AB70>)" it wont stop

thanks

Offline conchordian

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »
you will need to have the TCPEvents plugin installed into eventghost for this to work.

Can you use the 'webserver' plugin too?  Thanks for the geofence ideas.  I'll have to give it a go.

Offline kdschlosser

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »
i am working on the issue as we speak, but i had used the catagorie names to define locations of data in my plugin, and i am just now having people with UI7 use this plugin.

and of course MicasaVerdeVera changed the labels for some reason?

and they also changed the header data in the json file. i have that fixed, i can do a quick patch to get the plugin working properly with whatever they did, but to make it right so this won't happen again is going to take some time. ya gotta give me a day or 2.

i tend to post more information about this on the eventghost forum as this is a plugin for eventghost and not the vera

thanks

k

Offline kfxo

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2016, 09:43:34 pm »
Hi,
I'm having problems with EG receiving HTTP from vera, I can run a scene to control devices from EG to Vera.

I'm also getting floods of errors " 20:04:20   MiCasaVerde: Server: EvalData: Error 1: (<type 'exceptions.NameError'>, NameError("global name 'json' is not defined",), <traceback object at 0x04A7AB48>)Error 2: (<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>, SyntaxError('invalid syntax', ('<string>', 1, 9, 'ion/json\r\n')), <traceback object at 0x04A7AB70>)" it wont stop

thanks

bones4012, I am having the same issue. As K has said he is aware of the issue and is working on it. What I am doing to get Vera to talk to EG is use the chrome extension autoremote. Autoremote chrome extension has a option to redirect all messages to eventghost. Autoremote can be directly messaged at port 1818, so in a scene you can execute custom luup

-- 5 Second timeout
local status, result = luup.inet.wget("http://YOURIP:1818/?message=MotionKitchen", 5)

and autoremote will recieve the message MotionKitchen and forward it to eventghost where the message will appear in your log. http://joaoapps.com/autoremote/eventghost/tips-and-tricks/

Offline kdschlosser

« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2016, 07:21:16 pm »
see above post, i just posted that like a day ago, and i believe i just fixed it, the flooding should be gone.

it's being tested now as we speak.

there are a couple of tiny things that have to be changed to add more device support before i release it.

i am just waiting for the tester to dump the EG storage for all the data it receives and sends it to me so i can add that stuff.

i am hoping maybe a few hours.

on another none.

any problems please post in the EventGhost Forum.

or questions, or anything like that

i have also added a whole menu system to control all of the devices includes the ability to see any property of the menu, color text, size, transparency, border color and width how long until the menu times out.

and last but not least the ability to control the devices from this menu.

and oh yeah the menu can be sent to a remote computer and come up there to allow for control from that location.

just in case any of you are die hard home automation freaks and have a computer attached to every tv in the home (like me) :).

the menu controls can be tied together with a remote control for a TV. and the menu you have the ability to dictate what monitor it comes up on. and the menu system is an open api if you will

meaning that once you know the format of the data there is a command to load any data you want i have every single device i could want to control in my menu. and the menu supports multi level as well as multi menu loading so that would mean calling another menu up from the one that is already loaded. and having the ability to back up through them.

i also added a vacation mode for the plugin, and some other things, i just can't remember what...

oh yeah, here is a biggie, you no longer have to know the device numbers, i have it so the drop downs in each of the actions will like the room, device name, and device ID.

and if you are an EG scripter, you can call the actions using either the full name in the drop down, a string of the device number, or an int of the device number.

idk i can't remember what else i have changed.

again the newest version should be up tonight with or without some other features, just depends on if i get that data from the tester

K

Offline kdschlosser

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2016, 11:41:55 am »
as an Update there has been sever releases since my last post here. but the plugin is working properly with UI7 and I have also added a simple control menu system for doing basic things like turning lights on and off. and changing the dimmer level. thermostat functions. and the menu system controls can be married to say a TV remote button presses. and the menu offers a large number of options for coloring and font as well as transparency. this is nice if using an HTPC because you can invoke the menu with a button press. and check the current status of devices and change the values. and this will all appear as a kind of OSD on the screen.

I have been working on also adding security camera overlays as well. but i am finding that the vera is not really the best solution for security cameras. and there are latency issues.

at the moment i am in the process of doing a complete rewrite of the plugin to provideo more functionality for one. but to also allow for viewing any of the data on the Vera.

the menu system will function differently in the respect that it will bring up different "gadgets" if you will for the different devices. example is a thermostat. instead of selecting a temperature from a list of temperatures it will bring up as an OSD what looks exactly like a thermostat. this is a very large undertaking and i have spent alot of time on it. but a huge amount more is going to be needed. so if there is anyone that can code in Python and would like to help. contact me on the EventGhost forum.

Offline achel77

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2018, 05:55:09 am »
 Thanks for writing this plugin it's been a lifesaver 
The plugin cannot see vrtual switches unless I'm doing something wrong.
 The virtual switch in question  https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=1408
 I do appreciate any thoughts on this.

I'm using Vera edge ui7

Offline holdmade

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2018, 03:22:29 pm »
If you manually edit the virtual switched advanced variables to make it appear as a binary light eg can work with it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:51:09 am by holdmade »