Author Topic: Eventwatcher  (Read 166 times)

Offline rafale77

• My Setup
Eventwatcher
« on: April 13, 2018, 07:02:02 pm »
@akbooer.

I just installed eventwatcher on Openluup and had a burst out laughing when I saw the map feature.
Not sure if you want to do anything about it but I think some reformatting would be nice, I know this is pretty old and it's not a priority but I thought I would just show you what it looks like when the system gets big.
Openluup (93 devices, 88 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (132 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 202 devices, 71 scenes , 3 apps) +  Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Eventwatcher (under openLuup)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:37:09 pm »
It is not the only display to get cluttered on a big system.  Check out the attached AltUI Parent/Child map of my openLuup system linked to three Veras and two Netatmos; also the old DataYours dashboard interface for that system.

You are aware that you can zoom in to any part of that treemap by clicking on the appropriate headings for each branch?  A ctrl-click will move you back one level too.

My question for you is: why on earth are you running EventWatcher on openLuup?  Almost all its functionality is subsumed by openLuup/AltUI, anyway.  It is, perhaps, possible that you need some more esoteric feature like syslog output (although, in fact, the code for that is/was built into openLuup too, but just not enabled.)

Let me know and I'll do what I can to make this entirely redundant under openLuup (it remains essential for me on Vera, but I am biased.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:43:06 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 4x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

• My Setup
Re: Eventwatcher
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:46:05 am »
I installed Eventwatcher just to see what it does as I was looking for some graphic history of different states and common variables logs. I know ALTUI does some but not to the level I wanted. I am using both Home assistant an Openluup with Home Assistant being just a bridge for additional integrations. I was looking for something more similar to Home Assistant's "history" as I am keeping Openluup as my master controller.
Openluup (93 devices, 88 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (132 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 202 devices, 71 scenes , 3 apps) +  Bridged to Homekit and Alexa

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:59:34 am »
You don't find AltUI's timeline good enough for your needs, I presume?

Personally, I use DataYours and InfluxDB as remote databases fed with information from AltUI's push to Data Service Providers functionality, viewing the data with Grafana on a separate server.  Works a treat.

EventWatcher is a very poor relation in this regard, with no real database back end.

Edit:  an example Grafana plot here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,77967.msg375276.html#msg375276
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:02:44 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 4x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline rafale77

• My Setup
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 12:06:19 pm »
Yeah, that's what I am discovering. I just installed Datayours as well but wish it was all embedded as opposed to go to yet another server.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 01:37:50 pm »
DataYours offers an entirely on-board solution.  It just happens to be made up of components which can communicate across a network (but don't have to.)  It has its own graphics (using Google Charts) which allows embedded plots in the AltUI Variable pages, or standalone, or using the (rather dated) DataDash dashboard.  It's based on the industry-standard Graphite system (translated into Lua and modified for Vera-style usage) and an industry-standard database widely used for logging server statistics (Whisper.)