Author Topic: Insteon problems - how do I tell the devices apart?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline dalomic

Insteon problems - how do I tell the devices apart?
« on: September 23, 2011, 01:44:22 am »
I am setting up my unit in the Dashboard, and I entered 2 Insteon addresses, but evidently it auto-detected a number of my switches: 5 Appliance Modules (probably my wall switches, because most of them are relays), a dimmer, a dimmer + scene controller , generic IO, a scene controller, and one x10 unit. My first problem is that there seems to be no way to tell all the units apart.  Is there a way short of turning them on and off and running around the house to see which it is?

It turns out, however, that doesn't help. I turned them all on, ran around the house, and there was no change. I have a dimmer that works, and an X10 unit that works, but none of the appliance modules work. What should I do? Delete all of them and enter them by hand?

Edit: I tried deleting all of them and entering them by hand, but that didn't work. I entered one, and nothing appeared. I waited, and tried refeshing, and it still didn't appear. I tried entering it again, and got an error message that it was already present. However, it never appeared. Eventually, Vera forgot about it, because I could enter it again, but with no better results. The setup wizard is also useless. I enter the Insteon address, click add, and nothing happens.

Also Vera seems to forget the settings. I assigned a device to a room under the advanced tab, then did a save. It appeared in the room for a minute after I saved, then moved back to the generic devices section.

I am running firmware 1.1.1245
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:57:02 am by dalomic »