Author Topic: iris door/window/cabinet sensor  (Read 459 times)

Offline TheSaltbox

iris door/window/cabinet sensor
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:20:35 am »
Does anyone know if this sensor will connect to my VeraPlus ?
This is currently in my vacation rental so I don't have access or I'd just try it ; all I have at home is the veralite .
Came across a good deal on this sensor and was just wanting to see if anyone was using it .

thanks
David

Offline jchin

• Sr. Newbie
Re: iris door/window/cabinet sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:37:42 am »
Last I heard, the Iris sensors from Lowes, is NOT z-wave compatible because they use the zigbee protocol.
Since I do not have the VeraPlus, I am not sure if it supports zigbee.
I know my VeraEdge does not.

Offline TheSaltbox

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The VeraPlus is Zigbee compatible ; so I'm thinking they should work with the VeraPlus . I guess I'm just looking for conformation before I buy 15 of these sensors. I will have to wait almost 2 months before I will be there to physically try them. But its a heck of a deal that I can't pass up.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »
I understand there are 2 flavors of ZigBee, and only 1 works with Vera. Some folks use other hubs (Wink) to communicate with the ZigBee devices and use other ways (I think HAB) to connect the Wink to Vera. Before you buy I would get confirmation from Vera.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:55:01 pm by Don Phillips »
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 07:45:18 pm »
Vera won't give you a solid answer. The only way to find out is to either test it or find someone who already has. There are a bunch of new sensors for the IRIS system that I'd like to test...

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 08:01:18 pm »
I will add I bought the CT-101 at Lowes, which is marketed for Iris.  It is z-wave and works almost perfectly with Vera. I had to change a variable to get the humidity reading, otherwise, works perfectly.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline TheSaltbox

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 08:37:00 pm »
Thanks guys!  The sensors I'm looking at are really cheap and I was just hoping I could get them to work with the VeraPlus . The reason I upgraded to the plus was to be able to use the Zigbee devices. Anyway Lowes has these for five dollars a peace.