Author Topic: Vizia RF problem or network problem?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Blade

• Sr. Newbie
Vizia RF problem or network problem?
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »
I have ~30 Vizia RF light switches in my home network, and there are several of them that just dont seem to give info to the network when they are turned on/off at the switch. I can control them just fine with Vera(off/on/dim), but when I activate them at the switch, vera does not return the current state so a switch that is "on" will be shown as off on Vera & SQ remote.

Any suggestions on where I start to address this?

(I am sure that this has been covered elsewhere but my search parameters must not have used to correct verbage... sorry)

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Vizia RF problem or network problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »
Which Vera and Z-Wave firmware are you running (.1245 / 3.20 ?), and do you have MiOS routing enabled; or is this still UI3?

When you do a Configure node right now on one of the problem nodes, does that bring back the 2-way communication?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:28:21 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Re: Vizia RF problem or network problem?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »
Make sure in the settings for each switch the poll setting has a value other than 0.

- Garrett

Offline Blade

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 12:19:42 am »
Which Vera and Z-Wave firmware are you running (.1245 / 3.20 ?), and do you have MiOS routing enabled; or is this still UI3?

When you do a Configure node right now on one of the problem nodes, does that bring back the 2-way communication?

Vera=1.1.319 (UI3); Not sure how to find out zwave firmware. Other than these issues and some occasional slowness, its been working fine, so Ive been hesitant to upgrade.

I attempted "configure node right now" and I received a "FAILED AT: Purging" error.

All of these lights have the same "Blank/default" in the polling setting.

Thanks for the responses, BTW!

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:24 am »
Can you try and set a poll time in one of the switches and see if vera polls the switch when you trigger a manual on/off? My leviton switches/dimmers work instant when manually controlled. Mind you I have used UI4, but with both 2.78 and 3.2 firmwares.

- Garrett

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:54:39 am »
Just to be clear, were these switches working correctly before and stopped working, or did you never get these ones to work?

I attempted "configure node right now" and I received a "FAILED AT: Purging" error.
Odd. You could try re-including the device; so don't exclude it first, just do the inclusion again and see if that gets the switch (presumably) out of this mode and properly reconfigured so that the reverse association is working again.

All of these lights have the same "Blank/default" in the polling setting.
You could try a manual poll, or changing the value as @garrettwp proposed and see if that is working; but it shouldn't have to rely on that.

(This is based on recent UI4 firmware; not sure if it translates to UI3.)
Dezwaved at the moment...