Author Topic: can we downgrade firmware  (Read 1060 times)

Offline jchin

• Sr. Newbie
can we downgrade firmware
« on: April 14, 2018, 05:01:33 pm »
I believe there might be a bug in the 1.7.3500 firmware for VeraEdge.  Can we downgrade to a previous firmware?

For over 3 months now, I have not been able to successfully pair a new Monoprice 4-in-1 motion sensor to the VeraEdge.  It detects no motion and comes up with "can't detect device" about an hour after I manually wake the device using a paperclip push of the pin.

I have tried 4 different devices, each time getting an exchange from Monoprice, which as become a painful ordeal.

NOTE:  there are 2 identical Monoprice 4-in-1 motion sensors previously paired (about 4 months ago) with the same VeraEdge and it is still working just fine.

What else can it be?

Offline rafale77

Re: can we downgrade firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:03:41 pm »
yes you can. Just use the URL to the firmware you need. Most of them are on various thread on this forum. I am thinking about doing the same to brute force include a couple of devices which used to pair easily and now have all kinds of issues.

http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!