Author Topic: Aeotec Multisensor 6 ZW100A - Anyone using it (successfully)?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Les F

Aeotec Multisensor 6 ZW100A - Anyone using it (successfully)?
« on: February 26, 2017, 09:22:14 am »
Looking at the Aeotec Multisensor 6 ZW100A  for use on my Vera 3 UI7.  I haven't found much here in the forums except problems with it.  Has anyone actually got it working correctly?

I was really looking for a long battery life temperature sensor, but the price on this with what it offers is great.  This specific Vera at my cabin does not work well with the Fortrezz temp sensors for some strange reason, so they are not an option.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:40:37 am by Les F »
Google+ http://bit.ly/2MAVlkR / Instagram: http://bit.ly/2lIcsFT / Pinterest http://bit.ly/2KCSYRm (Yes, Pinterest is for guys too! take a look)

Offline wadesready

Re: Aeotec Multisensor 6 ZW100A - Anyone using it (successfully)?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:49:34 am »
Looking at the Aeotec Multisensor 6 ZW100A  for use on my Vera 3 UI7.  I haven't found much here in the forums except problems with it.  Has anyone actually got it working correctly?

I was really looking for a long battery life temperature sensor, but the price on this with what it offers is great.  This specific Vera at my cabin does not work well with the Fortrezz temp sensors for some strange reason, so they are not an option.

I have 6 of them, 2 running on batteries the rest on usb.  with my system ui7, latest firmware, the sensor, temp, humidity work fine.  uv does not.  as far as changing settings within the sensor...best ever.  takes the new settings without a lot of messing around.  the batteries seem to last a long time.  I have one sensors that takes daily traffic, standard settings, and the batteries are still 100% at 6 months of use.   ....for me...these are the best sensors I have purchased in the last 5 years.

Offline Les F

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:59:21 am »
I have 6 of them, 2 running on batteries the rest on usb. ......

@wadesready That's good to hear, how did the pairing go?  Simple, or lots of effort?  (Not that it would put me off, just wondering)
Google+ http://bit.ly/2MAVlkR / Instagram: http://bit.ly/2lIcsFT / Pinterest http://bit.ly/2KCSYRm (Yes, Pinterest is for guys too! take a look)

Offline wadesready

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 10:09:57 am »
I have 6 of them, 2 running on batteries the rest on usb. ......

@wadesready That's good to hear, how did the pairing go?  Simple, or lots of effort?  (Not that it would put me off, just wondering)

easy and smooth....once I figured out where the pairing button was(well not really a button, more like a dimple)

Offline overmyhead

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »
wadesready - I replaced paired a ZW100 multisensor with my new VeraEdge the other day.  I am showing 5 sensors (vibration sensor not showing) however none of them are providing a reading.  Any help/ guidance you can provide would be appreciated!

Offline darkness

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:17:31 am »
Are you running on USB or battery? Check your variable 111 on the reporting frequency as well. I believe you cannot go anything faster than 240 (once every 4 mins) on batteries.

Offline overmyhead

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:03:34 am »
Thanks darkness.  I am using usb power.  It is a remote system and I just got to the site yesterday to work on it.  I think it was an operator error... I re-paired it and now am showing 5 sensors (no Vibration) that seem to be working - perhaps with the exception of the UV but I may never know as the sensor is in a windowless basement. 
I suspect the Vibration sensor may simply registered as a 'change of state' in the motion sensor.  My evidence is that I installed the sensor on the bottom of a floor joist.  Each time someone walked on the floor above the motion sensor registered an alert.   

Offline joaomanuelfernandes

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 05:22:25 am »
Does anyone know how to adjust the humidity sensor? It's reporting 5% above the real value. Mine is usb powered.

Offline overmyhead

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 08:57:23 am »

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:17 am »
Thank you.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 10:56:07 am »
That's a no go for me. Don't no what to change or how.
Temperature is also 4? above real temperature.

Any help??

Offline jolu

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:23 pm »
Did anyone found out how to measure vibrations?

I have a problem with traffic generating vibrations, and my thought was to be able to measure the level and set a IP cam to take a pic of the vehicle passing to see what is causing the vibrations...