Author Topic: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:23 am »
Vera does not have the capability of including devices in "unsecured"  mode and the team is working with the Z-Wave chip manufacturer on allowing this feature as part of the certification.

Thank you for explanation! So I suppose it is not "fast" solution. It is not a week, or couple of weeks. Right?

PS: I tried to downgrade the firmware where FGS-223 was not included officially, and it works pretty fast :-)

It's being discussed at every level both with Fibaro and with Silicon labs and we're hoping for a hasty solution.

AFAIK other controllers don't have this problem.
Sorin, have you reported it to Fibaro for cross checking?

To my knowledge, Fibaro gateway has the option to include devices in non-secure mode.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 07:23:01 am »
Thanks for being transparent.
We hope for quick solution.
Vera, dozen of ZWave devices, Raspberry PI running my own integrations, 3 Nest, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station and a lot of code

Offline dotneft

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 04:23:02 pm »
Thank you for good news! But I'm a little bit aware about upgrade firmware in the switch :-( Is it possible with Vera?

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 07:51:02 pm »
It's being discussed at every level both with Fibaro and with Silicon labs and we're hoping for a hasty solution.
Okay tickle me impressed - this is exactly the kind of cooperation one expects with the Z-Wave platform, but from a consumer perspective seems to rarely happen, so I'll chat with the wife about persevering for a little longer.

To my knowledge, Fibaro gateway has the option to include devices in non-secure mode.
I think he meant if you had contacted Fibaro about your claim their devices are at fault here.  But sounds like you are indeed working with them on this as a high priority.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 06:13:12 am »
It's not very constructive to blame another manufacturer :) Although sometimes the truth may be somewhere in the middle  8), we'd prefer to take it on us, especially because customers are expecting this to work ON VERA no matter what's going on in the background.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7