Author Topic: Minor annoyance issues  (Read 472 times)

Online rafale77

Minor annoyance issues
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:57:09 pm »
@Akbooer

Maybe some of these should be directed to the ALTUI for amg0 section but given the fact that your setup is most similar to mine I figured I would ask here. I am seeing two off problems with the Openluup setup:

1. Room settings: Devices coming in through the verabridge do not stick when I save them to the "No Room" room. They stick fine in the other rooms. I was wondering if there was something specific to that room number which makes them not stick. After a while they go back to the room called "MIOS#####" which is default room for the bridged devices.
2. Favorites ported through Verabridge also do not seem to want to stick. I am using the "Use Vera favorites" option in ALTUI so I assumed that they would all be saved on Openluup but somehow I lose the favorite flag only the bridged vera devices after a couple of hours or when I switch browser. The Openluup devices stay.

Not sure if these are bugs or if there is a way around them...
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Minor annoyance issues
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:23:36 am »
Maybe some of these should be directed to the ALTUI for amg0 section but given the fact that your setup is most similar to mine I figured I would ask here. I am seeing two off problems with the Openluup setup:

Things not working right are almost always my fault, when it comes to openLuup, and not AltUI's!  I'm sorry that these things have already started to 'annoy'... one of the joys of openLuup is that things can (generally) be fixed, and often quite quickly, unlike Vera...

1. Room settings: Devices coming in through the verabridge do not stick when I save them to the "No Room" room. They stick fine in the other rooms. I was wondering if there was something specific to that room number which makes them not stick. After a while they go back to the room called "MIOS#####" which is default room for the bridged devices.

What is the value of your CloneRooms variable on the bridge?

2. Favorites ported through Verabridge also do not seem to want to stick. I am using the "Use Vera favorites" option in ALTUI so I assumed that they would all be saved on Openluup but somehow I lose the favorite flag only the bridged vera devices after a couple of hours or when I switch browser. The Openluup devices stay.

This I will need to look into further.  I have no idea at present.

Not sure if these are bugs or if there is a way around them...

Possibly bugs.  Possibly mis-understood or not-yet-implemented features.  I personally don't use any of the Vera-UI related functions (like favourites) so these things have never been asked for, or needed, before.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Online rafale77

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:39:11 am »
1. I am not cloning any room. I recreated rooms from scratch on Openluup and reassigned devices on it. I just noticed that the default "no room" room actually has no room number. It is easy for me to work around this problem by just creating a generic "house" room which then has a number. I wouldn't burn any calorie on this. Just reporting.

2. The one with favorite is a little more difficult to get around. I use the favorite feature so that these devices show up on the ALTUI dashboard quite similar to the one UI7 has. It is practical for me because I have so many devices that I don't want to browse to every one of them. Having a few frequently looked at or important ones on one page is very convenient. Ohh and I found an event which causes the favorites to get wiped out: A luup reload on openluup will cause this.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:41:08 am by rafale77 »
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:58:17 am »
OK.  Both helpful comments, thanks.  Will be looking at this.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 02:13:04 am »
Development branch commit 2018.04.17 should fix the Favorites issue.

I need to look further into the 'NoRoom' issue.

Do please let me know if this works OK for you.

Online rafale77

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:54 am »
Just loaded it and... yeah shockingly didn't have to "refavorite" those devices I set as favorite before. They all showed back up! Thank you!

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 02:26:17 am »
Excellent!

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 03:08:38 am »

Online rafale77

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 02:04:00 am »
Excellent!

Well I have the reverse problem now: After a luup reload on Openluup, all the devices I removed from favorites come back so now I can add but cannot remove. These devices were also the ones which came back without me having to refavorite them so I am wondering if it is the favorite list in the database refusing to update or delete devices

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 03:01:17 am »
I'm sorry, but I need more info on your use-case.

If you have 'Use Vera Favourites' checked as an AltUI option, then that's what it will do.

If you uncheck it, then it shouldn't.

That much I tested.  Can you be more explicit?

Online rafale77

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 03:43:16 am »
To be more specific:

After I upgraded to the dev 4.17.18 version, when I open the Openluup ALTUI, all my previously "favorited" verabridge devices show up as favorites. No issues. I can now also add more of them also and the will stick. The issue comes when I try to remove the favorite tag on some of them. A simple luup reload will reset the favorite tag so it looks like with this version, Openluup does read from the local open luup favorite tags but is no longer able to change them beyond the next luup reload.

Edit: I think I understand what you were saying now... My apologies. It seems like now Openluup reproduces the favorite tags from the vera and so if I want to change the favorite status on openluup for the bridged devices, I need to change the flag on the vera itself. So we cannot have different tags on open luup and the vera which is ok and to some extent less confusing since there would be only one favorite flag...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:49:59 am by rafale77 »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 06:08:32 am »
Yes, thanks for the clarification in the edit...

Vera and AltUI handle their favourites in quite different ways, and without more experimentation, then it's a bit hard to say how they interact... although I'm sure that @amg0 will have a full understanding.

In the meantime, then yes, if you're using Vera favourites, then use Vera to change them.  If you're not, then AltUI can do the job, and Vera will know nothing about your choices. 

For non-bridged devices, local to openLuup, then AltUI should always be able to select or deselect favourites.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Minor annoyance issues [solved]
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »
@akbooer while on minor annoyances can you have a look at these two posts?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,53871.msg379551.html#msg379551

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15324.msg379534.html#msg379534

Both now fixed, I believe.
  • fixed in development branch 2018.04.23
  • fixed in AltAppStore a while ago
Thanks again.