Author Topic: Vera Plus - Just doesn't connect  (Read 228 times)

Offline Myhomeautomation

Vera Plus - Just doesn't connect
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:19:10 pm »
Hi all,

I am at my wits end. I bought a new Vera Plus a week ago. Got home plugged it in waited for all lights to go green (which it does). Downloaded the android app and said setup new device, scanned network nothing (yes it's plugged in to the network). Then I thought no problem scan the barcodes. The camera picks up the barcodes (some are blue some are green), I keep getting a "HTTP 404" error flashing (pops up on the screen then disapears).

Hmm.. so go create myself a account on getvera.com manually add the serial number and MAC (quadruple check its right). Says my vera is offline. Ok... let me check network. Do a scan on my network on all IP's pick up a unknown device with an new IP address. Go to a web browser and try access and guess what its VERA.

Now two things some times the vera webiste (local) loads sometimes it loads the menu (you can't click on it) and has a spinning wheel in the middle of the page. At least this Vera can tell the time as the time is working on the top of the page. Only once did the page load correctly (cant get it loading again). Sometimes it loads after 7 mins of spinning wheel.

So net net -
  • It is getting a DHCP address - confirmed (and that network DOES have internet)
    I can (sometimes) get to its web interface (sometimes the page only loads after 7+ minutes.
    It can't see the internet for some reason.
    It can't do a firmware upgrade as well it can't see the internet. ONE time I got: You are running the latest version 1.7.3232 - this means I am assuming it actually was able to talk to the internet.
    The app can't find it on the network
    The app does nothing with the Serial & MAC some "404" error pops up
    Manually using the Serial and MAC on the www getvera in my account keeps saying offiline.

So I dont know what to do anymore..... any advise would really help here.... I think I have exhausted all my options that I am aware of

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Vera Plus - Just doesn't connect
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:21:05 am »
Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The fastest way around your issue is to have our Customer Care team have a look at it. It should be pretty fast to get you back on track.
Contact details are in my signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7